Deconstructing Harry - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deconstructing Harry Reviews

½ February 22, 2016
Woody Allen at his most near the knuckle. Still laugh out loud funny even if the jokes and pathos have been done before. Littered with memorable characters as ever.
½ January 18, 2016
Though very confusing it's funny and quite fresh for Woody at the time, reminiscent of Stardust Memories.
½ January 10, 2016
Disorientating & confusing.
½ January 5, 2016
Puro Woody Allen, again and again.
½ December 17, 2015
Another Allen picture which is best described as a series of vignettes although they are more than random stories here. Each interlude is used well to portray the protagonist's mental state, the best of which are both funny and thought provoking. As a whole though it's not the director's strongest work but still a worthwhile watch.
June 12, 2015
Unashamedly crass, especially for Woody Allen, but "Deconstructing Harry" is still a smart, sometimes serious-sometimes funny contribution to his trade.
May 10, 2015
Dark, cynical and cruel -- this is a comedy with bite. Sadly, it bites a little too hard.
April 12, 2015
another typical woody allen sex comedy.
January 10, 2015
Allen en su esplendor, la reafirmación la grandeza de su humor a finales de los 90s.
½ November 29, 2009
Nope... that did not click with me at all
½ September 17, 2014
5 stars (sic). Just for the "Actor" story. Minus 0.5 for being a 'Woody Allen' aka it wouldn't have been perfect if 5-starred.
½ September 20, 2014
Great lines..."is death better than life?" "No, but it is better than jury duty!"
½ September 13, 2014
Review:
I tried my best to get into this movie, but I ended up falling asleep. It's not that I didn't understand the whole writers block theme, but I just didn't find it interesting or entertaining. I'm still struggling to get into Woody Allen's writing and direction, which requires a warped sense of humor. There are some great stars in the movie, like Robin Williams and Demi Moore, but the movie is based around Woody Allen who is struggling to write his next book and finds it hard to hold down a relationship. The concept wasn't bad, but I couldn't keep up with the script which relies on words more than actions. Anyway, if your a Woody Allen fan then this movie isn't that bad, but I'm still trying to find out why he is so well respected in the movie world. Disappointing!

Round-Up:
After watching a documentary about Woody Allen, I've decided to try out a few of his movies, but this wasn't the best one to start with. All of the actor's give there all, like in most Woody Allen movies, but I'm still a bit skeptical about his writing. Judging by the amount of money that the movie lost, I'm not alone by thinking that this movie wasn't that good, but he still gets all of the big name actors/actresses wanting to star in his movies. Maybe his earlier work is better than his later work.

Budget: $20million
Worldwide Gross: $10.5million

I recommend this movie to people who are into there Woody Allen movies about a struggling writer who uses his own personal life to come up with ideas for his next book. 3/10
½ August 25, 2014
Intelligent, Witty and Hilarious... Now this is how comedies are supposed to be made...
½ June 24, 2012
Humorous black comedy about Harry Block, a writer who vents his anger and tries to gain some control of his life through his writing and in the process of doing so, alienates family and friends who are deeply offended by their unpleasant fictional counterparts.
August 15, 2014
This is one crazy movie. Robin Williams' part was small, but the whole movie was outrageous. Woody Allen is at his comedic best.
February 13, 2010
(First and only viewing - 11/3/2008)
June 16, 2014
Funny, provocative and extremely delicious, one of the riskiest comedies of Woody Allen brings a fleeting script and harsh interpretations and a nimble cast. Again, Woody Allen surprises his audience and brings an ironic and stunning story in "Deconstructing Harry"
February 15, 2014
great film. Woody Allen has managed to invent great styles of story telling and he does it better every time (order doesn't matter).

Totally recommended!
April 27, 2014
Sensacional. A babaquice humana faz parte do todo. Às vezes, só o que nos conforta são as coisas que criamos. E às vezes nem isso.