Deep Core - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deep Core Reviews

February 28, 2010
"Go ahead and land the damn plane general. We've got us a job of work to do." That is the brilliant writing you can expect from Deep Core. I know this came before The Core but it's still a rip off of the Paul Preuss book and because of that it's the exact same movie. Either way Phillip Roth once again shows that he's still the worst in the biz.
October 2, 2004
Now this movie is very very similar to The Core, but it actually came out before The Core which was a huge surprise to me. Now if you want a very good visual of how bad this movie is take the horrible quality of The Core and times it by about 100 then you may have a small glimpse into this films stupidity. This movie has absolutely nothing good in it at all. Bad effects, insanely horrid acting, and a storyline that will have you laughing your ass off trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with the director. I bet somewere on the floor of the editing room are the scenes that actually make this movie make sense. One second the guys are just explosive experts the next they are instantely nuclear scientists and have the knowledge of every science project since the beginning of time. The movie is just idioticy and the director who said I can make this work should be retired because this movie is a disrace to filmakers and actors alike. I recommend not only never renting this movie but never ever even think about seeing it because it may just scare you for life.
December 4, 2012
As seen on Telefutura, this is another mundane sci-fi film that's heavy on run-of-the-mill CGI, blase dialogue & plot, & starring an actor & actress from 2 "Star Trek" spinoffs.
April 23, 2015
not so much skip this and see 2003's 'the core'
February 28, 2010
September 26, 2009
3 of 5 stars for this cheesy sci-fi movie. The basic plot has been done and redone several times and this version isn't any better. The story has the world-ending if the crew of this "Earth-submarine" can't successfully dig into middle-Earth and trigger some nukes. Of course, there is some spy stuff and some double-crosses to make it interesting. A trivial romance is misplaced in this movie.

So, it is OK and worth the watch, but, it isn't the best sci-fi I've seen.
October 16, 2007
Don't even bother and to think I wasted a bag of popcorn on this.
½ July 28, 2007
I love Wil Wheaton, but oh my god. Probably the worst, lamest, spectacularly atrocious film I have ever seen. Maybe I'm thick, maybe it was a parody in the style of Spaceballs? Full of cliches, bad science, unbelievable plot, it was positively cringeworthy. Wil, promise us you will never sully yourself like that again.
July 24, 2007
I did not think much could be worse than Core, now I have discovered Deep Core
½ July 24, 2007
Yawn... The movie that started Core with Hilary swank and ekhart. Wil Wheton and Terry Farrel from star trek fame both star.
½ July 21, 2007
TV movie which must have inspired The Core (despite the direcotr of that other film trying to claim his was an original idea). Check it out and see for yourself!
½ July 5, 2007
For the longest time, I was under the impression that this movie was a rip-off of the (also rather crappy) film The Core, but Deep Core actually precedes it by three years. Not that it matters. It's still a craptacular film appropriately relegated to saturday Sci-Fi channel reruns.

Whil Wheaton does get incinerated by a column of lava, so extra half star for that...
June 20, 2007
I don't think I even have to wait for there to be a synopsis on this movie to make the assumption it sucks.
½ April 13, 2007
Fine example of effects of tech advance.
April 9, 2007
As opposed to what? a "shallow" core? Synopsis - dumb, but with tragically weaker F/X than the equally rotten "The Core"
October 2, 2004