Delhi Safari Reviews

January 8, 2014
PETA backed (so you know it is going to be unbiased, wink, wink) Delhi Safari is better than most foreign animation trying to capture the magic of Pixar and Dreamworks but the lack of good writing really hampers Delhi Safari. Where jokes could have been extended they quickly ended to disappointing results. Delhi Safari isn't one to look for.
½ June 5, 2014
not great, not atrocious. just a big, fat meh in the face. "Delhi Safari" is yet another animated movie from India that tries too hard to be funny, emotional and inventive, but sadly it's really not. don't get me wrong, some scenes in the movie were actually funny. stupid slapstick but at least it made me laugh. and the characters were okay... well, most of them. but the biggest problem with the movie, it's the execution. i get that they were trying to show the anti-deforestation formula of the movie, but it doesn't really work cause the movie's not executed right. like, there are a few scenes that go nowhere and they feel forced and random. also, the animation's... okay, i guess. i don't know, it may have some nice bits, but it felt pretty out-dated.
so all in all: whatever. "Delhi Safari" did have its moments and the characters were decent (most of them), but it's just a predictable and derivative movie, with poor execution, mostly out-dated animation and a confused pace. like i said, it's not awful and it's not great. it's just a big meh.
February 26, 2014
Nice message about environmental issues but the storyline is pretty flat
½ February 12, 2014
Loved the animation with all the bollywood spin to it. People who enjoy Bollywood movies and animations should definitely watch this one!
January 17, 2014
Looked like a sweet girls movie on NETFLIX FOR KIDS, my 5-year-old
picked to watch. Movie started off with a standard musical song from
cheetah family.

Suddenly, a mature tree flies through the air as though King Kong
hurled it. Forest shakes with terrifying animal sounds. Then a
menacing mechanical digger with 2 digging arms chases and thrashes at
them. It drives the terrified aminal family into a gully. The mother & child cheetah flee separately in an extended terrifying chase scene.

Father Cheetah desperately throws baby cheetah to safety when mother and baby are surrounded my many monster de-foresters (?).

Inexplicably a rifle appears, is loaded. Father leaps and is shot in
chest/neck/between eyes (?) by killer. I think that was 10 minutes in.

That is when we turned it off. Netflix really deliver some horrifying
fare for children and adults from around the world. That is why they
cannot be trusted. It's a real shame.
July 11, 2013
movie was horrible. my kid started crying from the ratchet music
½ July 1, 2013
For a race that is good with computers, bollywood has crappy animation and we are way behind Hollywood or Japanese cinema. But that is something i already counted on when I walked into Delhi Safari. This film tackles the global warming problem and the extinction problem, something that we already know and Indian animation industry is really obsessed with mythology and environment. The cast is good and Govinda is amazing here but all Delhi Safari can be is a good film to show at schools.
June 27, 2013
How the hell do people with money make a movie like this woowww horrible
June 8, 2013
its a nice movie n I think the kids will love it too
May 11, 2013
Poor dialog, bad editing, and awful songs should be added to the comments about subpar animation. This may have been better in the original Hindi but it's weird and lacklustre in English.
May 11, 2013
I can't even rate this movie. Forgettable and derivative put it mildly, but aside from that, it's completely inappropriate for kids. I had to spend 10 minutes explaining why the parrot was filming his human captor seduce a woman in a video titled "Casting Couch 69". Really?
May 4, 2013
Horrible message for kids...just turned it off. My 5 yr. old didn't mind. Which is saying something
½ April 13, 2013
Animation is not Pixar level but decent writing which spoofs bollywood & some excellent choice of voices makes this one a must watch. Govinda entertains in all possible ways.
March 29, 2013
The worst animated movie I have seen so far.
½ March 4, 2013
I am glad to see that Bollywood animation is not just about Mythical characters like Ram and Arjun. Though animation in India has to go way a long, Delhi Safari, as a first step is in the forward direction.
November 10, 2012
It looks really goofy, but it could be really enjoyable and might have a good message.
½ November 5, 2012
Cute story, great animation and 3D. Good for a one-time watch, even for adults.
November 3, 2012
Good animation but the movie is only suitable for kids
½ October 23, 2012
Absolutely a must watch movie. This Indian animated movie is full with humor, emotional, touchy which lets you to think about what are we doing to our fellow animals and their future. This movie is not only for children but also for mature audiences. A must watch film.