The Departed Reviews

½ July 27, 2015
The Departed is a good noir film, but it seems kind of outdated already.
August 28, 2008
My favorite movie ever, and I've seen a lot of fucking great movies.
½ July 16, 2015
Disjointed, overly long, waste of a "good" cast. Instantly forgettable. If Rotten Tomatoes gives it a high rating you know it's crap.
½ July 17, 2015
Todo o elenco está excepcional e o maestro Scorsese dá um show de classe na direção desta eletrizante história de gato e rato que, apesar da duração, nunca perde o ritmo.
April 4, 2015
Extraordinary crime movie, based on the hong kong film Infernal Affairs. First of all Martin Scorsese is a great director, who is known by projecting this kind of crime stories, about police and mobsters, but the Departed is not another of the bunch.

This film has everything, from drama to action, all the stories are told in excellent shape. Leonardo DiCaprio and Jack Nicholson are awesome in their roles, although is not one of best Matt Damon performances. Mark Wahlberg surprised me, with a very convencing character like the asshole police who mistrusts all. It's a long story, but it is entertaining at all times and of course is recommendable.
July 5, 2015
This had no business being Scorsese's first(and only)best picture and director winner. But this is still a great motion picture in every way. Defiantly one of the best remakes ever.
July 4, 2015
"The Departed" is a movie featuring a very well told, multi-perspective story featuring some fantastic performances from DiCaprio, Damon, Nicholson and everyone else. It is also a movie that is held up by Scorsese's terrific direction and the fascinating and often funny screenplay.
½ July 3, 2015
Scorsese's best film since goodfellas
½ June 30, 2015
Watch it through headphones made you become a undercover in that situation. most of those movies does not have that POWER to create that tense. But this did! I just couldn't imagine how much pressure does that undercover went through! Plus, Leonardo played that role and make it so alive, so real!! And I love every sences that Jack Nicholson appeared on the screen and create that terror creepy atmosphere, just love it!!!
½ June 29, 2015
If you love Martin Scorsese's work and have to see the ever charming Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon in a cat and mouse crime thriller, then this is your movie.
½ December 18, 2012
An excellent crime drama featuring a star-studded cast and some great double-crosses.
June 20, 2015
This movie had great promise in terms of acting talent but that promise wasn't kept. I'm baffled how anyone could like this movie. Do you root for a character? Which one? It doesn't matter because they will all be dead before the credits roll. Well, maybe it's gritty with a hard edge? No, the violence is matter-of-fact and in the elevator scene at the end it devolves into three stooges comedy. There's no plot; there's no theme. The story never gets told. Take the pointless characters in "Carnal Knowledge" and overlay the senseless death in "Easy Rider" times three and you you have something close to this movie. It's a mistake to think that this movie is about either organized crime or the police because has neither the depth nor the common sense of either. The director seeks to overcome his own clumsy handling of the plot by trying desperately to pump up the drama. However, as he bulldozes over any sense of connection or reality for these characters, the fake drama becomes pointless. Scorsese even resorts to plucking plot points out of thin air to try to save the story but it doesn't work. The ending leaves a number of items left unexplained. More than anything else, this movie was a criminal waste of acting talent.
June 15, 2015
The departed is a big winner of Scorsese's great filmography that is tough and sharp and takes all the chances. As well as having Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson and Mark Whalberg deliver some their best performances
June 12, 2015
Movies are basically bowling, when you miss, or hit one or two pins, the film sucks, if it's a strike or the ball only misses one or two pins, it's amazing! "The Departed" is a strike! It's a film that just keeps making strikes from the beginning to the end, it's awesome! It's full of great actors who's performances are just stellar, and a story that's so full of greatness that it's so oscar worthy! And, if you want an ending that you won't see coming, this film has just that! This film is a beautiful strike, good job Scorsese!
June 7, 2015
Shoot. SHOOT. They don't make 'em like this anymore. Everyone in this movie is so good and the whole movie is so engaging the whole time and the dialogue is fabulous and fsdghgasdhlksdhlkghsd Scorseseeeeeeeeeeeee
½ May 14, 2015
It took time for film legend Martin Scorsese to grab Oscar gold, and this film was well worth the wait.
June 3, 2015
The Departed brings Martin Scorsese back to the genre he does best: GANGSTER. The movie, one of my favorites of 2006, is 2 1/2 hours of nonstop fun. Get ready for plot twists, fluid editing, tour-de-force performances, hundreds and hundreds of F-bombs thrown around and unspeakable gangster violence. So so awesome!
Bo
½ May 31, 2015
Such an AMAZING, thrilling, exciting film, The BEST mobster film of the ones that I have watched in my life. Definitely deserving of its Best Picture Oscar.
May 28, 2015
My favorite Martin Scorsese film!!
April 24, 2013
I'm a sucker for Boston, and Boston guys!