—— The Identical Sep 05

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Der Todesking (The Death King) Reviews

Alex M

September 12, 2011
Der Todesking is the story of the most masochistic, suicidal creature on earth. The post-WWII German. This film shows how Allied propaganda has convinced Germans that they need to feel sorry for their past. The level of guilt the "good guys" have forced on Germans have pushed them to the edge. At least that's what I think this movie's about. I could be completely wrong. If I'm right, this is a horribly boring movie with a great theme. If I'm wrong, this is a horribly boring movie. It certainly does have its great moments, but they're few and far between. This is really the slowest pile of crap calling itself a movie that I've ever seen.
engrymfilm
August 5, 2009
A depressing view into suicide. Though it's by Buttregeit (of Nekromantik fame) it's quite a departure from the rest of his work. Sure it's disturbing but overall you can't help but feel sorry/angry or indifferent (the same thoughts that may arise if say you personally knew someone who committed suicide) for the characters involved. The story is told in a vignette form using instead the theme of suicide as the main focal point and using 7 different characters on each day of the week showcasing their self-inflicted demise.
Alex M