90% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Desperate Endeavors Reviews

Olivia B.
September 15, 2012
Boring, poor editing decisions from the director, horrible dialogue, unlikable main character, need I go on?
September 9, 2012
Based on a true story, this film really relives the moments of the 70s. The story of every immigrant american who migrates, struggles, gets in and out of trouble(numerous times) and finally makes it here. Very good direction by Salim Khasa and great acting by Ismail. Worth spending the hour and thirty minutes to see this movie.
August 31, 2012
I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek of the movie today and I definitely found myself intrigued by all the characters, not just by Ram. Even though the story takes place in the 70's it's not hard to feel as though you could be in their shoes. Everyone goes through some tough times making it easy to relate to not just Ram, but also with his family and friends. It's a very easy movie to find yourself caught up in and holding out to see how everything turns out. Definitely worth a watch.
August 30, 2012
A riveting story about immigrant coming to the US to follow the "American Dream" only to discover that creating this dream takes hard work, discipline and making smart decisions. His journey and spiritual discovery is one that many citizens can relate to during this current economic situation. The story will inspire you, frustrate you and finally empower you never to give up no matter what. You will want to cheer at the end of the story.
August 3, 2012
Last week I had the pleasure to watch Desperate Endeavors and I truly enjoyed it. The struggles that the main character (Ram) goes through really puts you to pain and you root for him to succeed throughout the entire film. I think it's a film that anyone who has gone through rough times could enjoy (which is pretty much all of us). The director uses light/dark as a great way to set the mood, and the cast is filled with all kinds of unique characters (such as the cab driver, played by Michael Madsen), all of which are a fun addition to the main theme. You never know what to expect for each character that Ram encounters.
April 19, 2012
Great film and the soundtrack was outstanding