45% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Destroy All Monsters Reviews

August 13, 2014
The limited screen time the monsters share make this hardly the all out monster mash it advertised itself as. Still with so many monsters appearing and a fun if goofy sci-fi plot the movie has its charms for fans of giant monsters and I'm one who hopes that the new Godzilla series gives it a modern remake. At the very least its a definite improvement over its last 4 predecessors and one that holds up best today despite its obviously dated as can be effects
July 28, 2014
The humans get the most attention, which sucks, but that final monster fight near the end makes it all worth it.
July 16, 2014
One of my favorite Godzilla films! Almost all of the famous Toho monsters come together to fight King Ghidorah, and it's epic! The special effects are great, and the acting is pretty good. The final battle is epic. This was origially supposed to be the finale, and if it had been, it would have been a great way to go out!
Maineutral R.
April 1, 2014
The intended epic finale of Godzilla is not as...well, epic as it should have been, and even has its false advertisement at hand (not ALL the monsters shown on posters and trailers actually fight), but this was a huge relief for me, after many miss Godzilla movies that never reached any expectation. Destroy All Monsters puts many monsters to fight King Ghidorah...at the last 20 minutes, but it sure worths it, after going through some uncaring human story reaching aliens.

And that's the main problem with Destroy All Monsters: it's mostly the humans trying to reach the aliens in order to take control of all the monsters running loose. While it's not bad, it surely is disappointing. This was, as previously mentioned, supposed to be the final Godzilla film, and for such film, one would expect more of Godzilla in it, but the film gives us not as much as we could hope. However, all the fails are forgiven thanks to the big match at the end, which one can simply skip right into it and avoid the non-Godzilla story.

Destroy All Monsters is either one of the best Godzilla films or simply one of the good ones, without many responsibilities in characters or story. Even after many films, the first one (Gojira) is still the best. I can safely say, Destroy All Monsters is pretty good, entertaining and kinda satisfying. Check it out, but you may want to jump right into the final fight to avoid any issues.
April 17, 2014
The rating would be higher if it focused less on the human element, and more on the Monsters
April 7, 2014
Although 'Destroy All Monsters' seemed a moderately campy affair, the final battle and the overall light hearted story were more than fun enough viewing... It was nice to see all of the greatest monsters from the Godzilla franchise in battle; but part of me misses the more dark roots of the series... Godzilla is pretty much a regular superhero now!
April 5, 2014
Destroy All Monsters(1968)
Directed By:Ishiro Honda
My Review
I wasn't sure if I would enjoy this one too much,cause all of the other Godzilla films I've seen recently were disappointing to me. But then I put in my DVD for this one and from start to finish it felt like a fun nice, family monster movie. Just a little disappointing with all of the human scenes that are not so interesting which is what killed it for me in the films I saw before this one.
When the film started it opened up nicely,you get a narration of the time and setting,are informed of the monsters location and just which monsters are there. It was pretty cool seeing all those Kaiju on screen. The monsters that appear in the film(some of which are cameos)are Godzilla (and son), Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah... and even tosses in Anzilla, Baragon, Goro, Wendra, Spiga,Varan,and Kumonga-the spider. Their is a race of evil aliens known as Kilaaks,who are controlling the monsters and send Godzilla to New York whichj looked cool. I couldn't remember who they sent for the other monsters.
I enjoyed seeing all the monsters whenever they would go to a destination and wreck the place. The suits do always look cool in these Kaiju movies.I'm not one for their soundtracks though just the original Godzilla theme. Everyone's favorite highlight of the film is when the monsters are finally freed of their control but the Kilaaks send Ghidra the three headed monster from outer space, but all of the monsters use their special attacks,it was loads of fun. I give Destroy All Monsters a three and a half out of five.
FanBoyCritic
April 5, 2014
Destroy All Monsters(1968)
Directed By:Ishiro Honda
My Review
November 6, 2013
Definatly the best sequel to come out since the original movie, just a lot of fun and a lot of action. And to have a strong human plot is always a plus in my book.
September 25, 2013
It's got Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, Alien Invaders, & all the other flimsy charms a good Japanese monster/Kaiju movie should have
April 20, 2013
esta bastante genial pero sinceramente no creo que quede bien que se enfoquen tanto en los humanos que en los mounstruos y sinceramente hay bastante cosas decepcionantes como que la mayoria de los mounstruos solo hacen un cameo rapido si esta hubiese sido la ultima de godzilla como se predecia estaria algo satisfecho
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

March 15, 2013
Destroy all Monster is a much needed improvement over the awful Son of Godzilla. This a fine return to the traditional elements of what you can expect from a standard Godzilla picture and though lacking in effective plot, it still boasts some great entertainment value that will certainly delight fans of the series. The plot could certainly have used a rewrite, and it never really does take off, but it is a back to basics movie that isn't silly like Son of Godzilla. Destroy All Monsters is quite entertaining from start to finish. The film has lots of monster action and is what makes it a fun movie that make Son of Godzilla forgettable movie. Don't expect anything great however, as like every other film in the series has its flaws, and it is clear that the filmmakers are struggling to keep the ideas fresh and thrilling. Like I've said in many of my other reviews, there is only so far you can go with this formula, and it is predictable, yet at the same is mindless entertainment value that won't disappoint due to the fact that you know what you want in a Godzilla film, and that's various monsters battling it out with Godzilla. In terms of action and thrills, this has got to be one of the better films that combine various creatures. The plot is basic, predictable, but it's the traditional Godzilla formula that you enjoy. Although not a great movie, this is good for what it is, and it wipes the slate clean with a familiar idea. This one should make fans happy, and is fun despite its flaws.
March 10, 2013
The world has fallen under attack by aliens once again, and this time, they have taken control of Earth's monsters in order to destroy the human race! It is up to an elite band of scientists and space explorers to put an end to the evil plan before it is too late! DESTROY ALL MONSTERS captures all of the most popular trends that were defined in the Showa Era, from the Space Age plot involving scheming aliens to the all-out monster melee that is promised by the title. Though it never fully delivers in either regard, it is still entertaining enough to appease the fans. DESTROY ALL MONSTERS was originally planned as the final film in the series, and is the last film to feature Godzilla's four founding fathers, with Ishiro Honda directing and Akira Ifukube composing another fine score. Despite an increased budget over the two preceding films, however, the recycled storyline and mediocre special effects fail to live up to INVASION OF THE ASTRO-MONSTER. All of that is forgotten as Toho unleashes its entire monster line-up to destroy each of Earth's capitols before facing off in a giant battle royale against King Ghidorah! The final battle is a bit of a let down since it is relatively short and many of the monsters are forced to sit on the sidelines, but Godzilla and friends gang up and take turns just beating the living hell out of Ghidorah. DESTROY ALL MONSTERS may not be the strongest film in the series, but it features all of the most popular elements that fans have come to adore.

-Carl Manes
I Like Horror Movies
January 5, 2013
this seems like a movie my dad would watch and make us watch with him
December 26, 2012
A decent film, but not nearly as cool as it ought to be. Clearly the big draw here is 11 Toho monsters going monstruo a monstruo. Sadly a good third of the film totally forgets this and gets bogged down in the plot involving humans and aliens. Happily, it's the middle third, so the film works pretty well despite it.
November 18, 2012
A classic in the series. Everything a monster fan could want.
November 8, 2012
Superb, grandly entertaining entry--The ultimate Japanese monster fest!!!
October 13, 2012
The concept of this movie is awesome. All the famous Godzilla monsters going around blowing everything up is just something you can't get anywhere else in film. But the film centers around the alien invaders, and human characters way too much in my opinion. The monsters are great, but some like Baragon make just one brief cameo. The movie doesn't really have a memorable sound-track and the dubbing, as always, isn't that convincing. The movie isn't The Avengers of monster flicks, but the final fight where all the monsters team up to take down King Ghidorah is just mind blowing. In fact, I recommend that regardless of whether or not you rent/buy this thing, just skip to the end. It is pure movie magic!
May 31, 2012
Ok well first thing has to be said....it has great music, you know the type of music that gets into your head?....the problem with the actual film is something that's difficult to say exactly....there is always something great in these movies though....i love looking at the miniatures.
April 28, 2012
The plot is stupid, and the monsters aren't given ample screentime. You can almost always count on aliens to ruin a kaiju film, even if the basic premise of the film is strong.