Detroit Metal City - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Detroit Metal City Reviews

½ July 31, 2009
Fuckingham Palace is the greatest album title ever. Though the movie pretty much relies on one gag, a little girlie man being the lead singer of the #1 Death Metal band in the world, it's a very funny gag. Also, it's fun to see "L" from Death Note sing songs about cheese tarts and dance to a tambourine. I did like the idea of how dreams are different and each one is to be respected to boot. Definitely worth a watch at the very least.
½ July 30, 2010
I almost died laughing. Kenichi is my hero, I love him <3 He proves super versatile and nothing short of brilliant here.
½ July 11, 2009
Umm this movie was intresting to say the least..lol Very original lol !
i loved Kenichi's character ! lol and it had its funny things like his mushroom hair cut and song lyrics hehe! I wasnt so much of a fan of the death metal or the cursing but besides that so -so id say.
July 13, 2014
amai amaiiiaia
Boku no koibitoooo!!
amai amai amai
ko-i-bi-to
ko-i-bi-to
ko-i-bi-toooooooooo!!

November 7, 2012
For those who saw the animation, this Live Action summarizes the events of the main episodes of the Anime, despite being slightly out of order and events. The acting and characterizations are perfect as the musics in the film - a quality production overall, but I think that might have more actors as extras. Watch it If you liked the anime, and for those who like Death Metal, Metal, etc.. this is a humorous satire to the world of Death Metal, by the point of view of the DMC band singer (Krauser), played by a shy boy who would like to sing pop songs, but that ends in this career alternative. 6,8 / 10,0
½ September 1, 2012
It's funny how Japanese films can get away with camp and overacting.
August 1, 2011
This was the greatest adaptation I have ever seen.
½ July 7, 2012
Funny and endearing movie with a good message.''No music,No dream!"
½ August 26, 2011
"Souichi encounters even greater success with an oddball gig that involves donning demon makeup and a black cape ..." Oddball is a gross understatement.
½ March 15, 2011
While it has some cheese every now and then, DMC's humor, quirks, and decent story make it an unforgettable ride from beginning to end.
February 25, 2011
Really great film that manages to have a scene where the main character screams 'fuck' 500 times and not offend anyone. Oh yeah and he also says he's a 'rape machine'....am I so bad for laughing at that?

This film is like all bark and no bite, but that's somehow a good thing here. It had an innocence about the story that felt really wholesome, so much so that even when it was trying to be repulsive or shocking, it was almost the opposite.

I laughed a lot despite the language/culture difference (subtitles). I think the story spans culture. It doesn't matter. Also even thought the film is about metal music, it's not limited by that. I would actually watch this movie with my mom and I'd bet she laugh her ass off.
October 28, 2010
extremely hilarious, was laughing non stop when watching this.