—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

ko-i-bi-to
ko-i-bi-to
ko-i-bi-toooooooooo!!

January 20, 2014
yes. Ken'ichi Matsuyama never disappoints...
November 7, 2012
For those who saw the animation, this Live Action summarizes the events of the main episodes of the Anime, despite being slightly out of order and events. The acting and characterizations are perfect as the musics in the film - a quality production overall, but I think that might have more actors as extras. Watch it If you liked the anime, and for those who like Death Metal, Metal, etc.. this is a humorous satire to the world of Death Metal, by the point of view of the DMC band singer (Krauser), played by a shy boy who would like to sing pop songs, but that ends in this career alternative. 6,8 / 10,0
September 1, 2012
It's funny how Japanese films can get away with camp and overacting.
August 1, 2011
This was the greatest adaptation I have ever seen.
July 7, 2012
Funny and endearing movie with a good message.''No music,No dream!"
June 23, 2012
It's not actuallu that bad... It's only that, after the sublime Anime version, the vanilla edition seems abysmal. And where's the Capitalist Pig? Satsugai rocks as always, but Krausersama is more raping than that!
August 26, 2011
"Souichi encounters even greater success with an oddball gig that involves donning demon makeup and a black cape ..." Oddball is a gross understatement.
March 30, 2012
horrible japanese movie starring gene simmons, that pretty much says it all
peter1170
February 4, 2011
funnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy XDDD
March 15, 2011
While it has some cheese every now and then, DMC's humor, quirks, and decent story make it an unforgettable ride from beginning to end.
March 11, 2011
Not Interested.Not Interested.Not Interested.Not Interested.Not Interested.Not Interested.Not Interested.
naradluffy
March 4, 2011
Keni-chan is always have weird character. In this movie, he act as metal rocker and pop singer. If you want to watch this, you have to prepare your mind set. This is for fun! :)
Lux Obscura
February 25, 2011
Really great film that manages to have a scene where the main character screams 'fuck' 500 times and not offend anyone. Oh yeah and he also says he's a 'rape machine'....am I so bad for laughing at that?

This film is like all bark and no bite, but that's somehow a good thing here. It had an innocence about the story that felt really wholesome, so much so that even when it was trying to be repulsive or shocking, it was almost the opposite.

I laughed a lot despite the language/culture difference (subtitles). I think the story spans culture. It doesn't matter. Also even thought the film is about metal music, it's not limited by that. I would actually watch this movie with my mom and I'd bet she laugh her ass off.
December 31, 2010
crazy and super funny in Japanese style, like it :D
October 28, 2010
extremely hilarious, was laughing non stop when watching this.
September 7, 2010
Really whacky fun! One of the best anime to live-action adaptations I've seen to date!
July 30, 2010
I almost died laughing. Kenichi is my hero, I love him <3 He proves super versatile and nothing short of brilliant here.
May 12, 2010
I did not know what to expect coming from this Japanese film except that Gene Simmons played a role. The story is about a country boy who moves to the big city to live a trendy life and make it as a pop singer. Things do not go as planned, and unfortunately for him, he can only get a gig as a heavy metal singer. The interesting thing about this situation is that he is very good as a metal singer! The film is an absolute riot, full of hilarious sequences and some great humorous observations of Japanese materialism.
mitealc
April 3, 2010
Genuinely funny in parts, ridiculous in few. DMC however qualifies as an easy watch.