Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo Reviews

June 29, 2008
Not a bad little movie. Schneider is able to make it watchable.
½ November 29, 2011
Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo is one of those films that had the potential to being really funny, and memorable. Unfortunately, the film was doomed right from the start by casting an unfunny, talentless "comedian" in the lead. This is a stupid, unimpressive comedy that fails to deliver genuine laughter. This is a poorly conceived comedy that hasn't aged well. The jokes aren't good whatsoever, as a matter of fact the way the jokes are presented in the film, and it's almost desperate. The filmmakers clearly can't make anything work with this comedy, and they just create humorless, tasteless repetitive jokes in order to create "good" gags. Unfortunately, it doesn't work, and this film is simply dull, unimpressive crap. Deuce Bigalow is the type of comedy of which the jokes get old very quickly. This is a film that Hollywood never should have green lit, but they'll make anything to make a quick buck. I hated this film, and felt was a waste of time. Rob Schneider is not funny, and it's with films like this that you wonder how can he still find work? He's a terrible comedian, and plays on one character in every film he does. This is one comedy that has unimpressive, dull comedic gags, and the film is a total crap fest from start to finish. If you're looking for a hilarious film, Deuce Bigalow isn't that film. This is a poorly conceived and completely forgettable comedy. Since its release, there has been far better comedies out there, and Deuce Bigalow is simply put an awful film from start to finish with no redeeming aspects that can salvage how bad it really is.
½ August 9, 2011
LOL. Not with the movie, at the movie.
March 3, 2009
Some Guys Don't Have All The Luck.

Saw it again. Very funny movie, always makes me laugh no matter how many times I've seen it. Good story and nice ending. This is totally a movie just to laugh so don't take it seriously.

Deuce Bigalow is a less than attractive, down on his luck aquarium cleaner. One day he runs into a male gigolo who asks him to look after his precious fish while he is away on business. However, he wrecks the house and needs quick money to repair it. The only way he can make it is to become a gigolo himself, taking on an unusual mix of female clients. He encounters a couple of problems, though. He falls in love with one of his unusual clients, and a sleazy police officer his hot on his trail.
August 3, 2006
A genius idea!!! I don't care if this is one of those silly films that no-one cares to like because of the comedy crowd it comes from, the idea of the dates and the solutions to their unusual circumstances, make for very entertaining, side-splitting laughter at times.

Funny scenarios, hillarious consequences, non-pc, but total fun
March 23, 2010
Hilarious if you like stupidity! That's not saying much, but I really enjoyed this because I do enjoy stupidity, but sometimes there is just too much!
March 25, 2007
½ December 31, 2006
Funnier than I expected it to be, and not as gross as I thought it would be. It has some very funny scenes to do with dating. Worth checking out.
December 8, 2009
The first part was very funny but they shouldnt have made a sequel.
½ September 10, 2009
Deuce Bigalow (Rob Schneider) cleans fish tanks for a living. He runs up on a Gigolo, or in other words, a male prostitute who is worried about one of his expensive fishes. Deuce destroys something he shouldn't have and has to find a way to pay for it with money. The only way he can think of to come up with enough money for what he did is to become a male gigolo himself.
"Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo" has a few parts that are hilarious, such as when you see some of the women that Deuce is paid to seduce such as a woman that has to be at least 10 feet tall with huge feet. I enjoyed "Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo", but all in all, the movie wasn't quite as funny as I was expecting it to be.

If you want to see a good comedy movie, I recommend seeing or getting "Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo." NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2001.
March 10, 2007
Directed by: Mike Mitchell.
Starring: Rob Schneider, William Forsythe, Eddie Griffin.

I remember watching this the first time it came out in theaters, I was 11 at the time and I do remember laughing very hard. Since then, every time I saw the DVD in video stores, or saw the ad for it on TV, I thought nothing of re watching it, seeing as I was young when I watched it and at that age, you laugh at anything. I saw this advertised on TV tonight and seeing as I wasn't really in the mood to 'really' watch a film, I thought I'd watch this....I'll say I was quite surprised.

Now I am a man who really loves films, I love directors, writers etc who take a unique storyline, put there heart into it and make it as original, developed and as well made as possible. There are times where I do like to just shut my brain off and have a good laugh. This film is the latter. It is harmless, the film is not about developing characters, it isn't about being original or anything of the sort, it is just out to make people laugh. It does a pretty good job, it has a few misses but the hits do make you laugh, even if you feel guilty about laughing.

So at the end of the day, it is cliched, there really is no story at all (just more of a string of gags), theres no groundbreaking acting, directing, writing or anything of the sort, it is just some harmless, brainless entertainment that will fill an 1 hour 30 minutes of your life.
July 20, 2007
This guy was really from SNL? Pathetic.
June 19, 2007
Wacky and funny sex comedy with Deuce Bigalow (Rob Schneider) finds himself becoming a male prostitute. He has some funny mis-adventures and clients. It made me laugh a few times throughout.
½ June 5, 2007
It was funny at parts but the crude comedy stuff really doesn't keep my intrest. It wasn't good enough for me to watch the second one if that tells you anything.
June 5, 2007
this was a funny movie, with lots of scatological jokes. Rob Schneider is hillarious and the brief appearance of Adam Sandler is really good
May 21, 2007
Stupid but funny
March 26, 2007
Alright, but could've been so much better.
½ March 4, 2007
Not... terrible like the sequel.
½ January 22, 2007
terrible, you wanna laugh, but you also want to cringe at this flick the whole time
½ October 2, 2006
Another low brow comedy that had me in tears :D