Razzie Nominations Announced; Easy Targets Run for Cover

Courtesy of their official site come the annual Razzie Awards Nominations ... or as I like to call them: The Amazingly Obvious Fish in a Barrel Nominations in Which We Savage People We Don't Like, Regardless of the Quality of Their Work. Oh, and it seems the Razzers have decided to branch out an include a "Most Tiresome" category, which I happen to find pretty ironic.

26th Annual Golden Raspberry (RAZZIEŽ) Award Nominations

Jessica Alba / Fantastic Four and Into the Blue
Hilary Duff / Cheaper by the Dozen 2 and The Perfect Man
Jennifer Lopez / Monster in Law
Jenny McCarthy / Dirty Love
Tara Reid / Alone in the Dark

MOST TIRESOME TABLOID TARGETS
(New Category, Saluting the Celebs We?re ALL Sick & Tired Of!)
Tom Cruise & His Anti-Psychiatry Rant
Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, Oprah Winfrey's Couch, The Eiffel Tower & ?Tom?s Baby?
Paris Hilton and?Who-EVER!
Mr. & Mrs. Britney, Their Baby & Their Camcorder
The Simpsons: Ashlee, Jessica & Nick

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Hayden Christensen / Star Wars III: No Sith, He?s Supposed to Be Darth Vader?!?!
Alan Cumming / Son of the Mask

WORST SCREENPLAY

Bewitched
Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
Dirty Love
The Dukes of Hazzard Written
Son of the Mask

My apologies to the Razz Crew, but I think they could put a lot more effort into their nominations. And maybe learn to tell the difference between "bad performances" and "stuff we just feel like ranting about." (And perhaps stop nominating one person for multiple performances, because then it just becomes obvious that you're gunning for someone. Example: They hated Ferrell in the witch comedy and the soccer flick, but they loved his work in "The Producers?" Phooey.)

Am I too harsh? Are the Razzies really cool and I'm just a crotchety old whiner? Quite possible.

Comments

synergyred

Nancy Elizabeth

Geeze. Katie Holmes didn't do THAT bad in Batman Begins.

Feb 1 - 03:10 PM

AttackofClones18

Alex Rooney

[b]Stop it.[/b]
Seriously. Do you think Tom Cruise WANTS to be in the tabloids that much?? Do you think that? Stupid retards. He has been a scientologist since he was in his early 20s and people now are making a big deal about it. And Tom Cruise as worst actor? NO WAY. If Steven Speilberg makes a movie he gets everything he can from the actors..and this one is no different. People are just pissed at Tom Cruise for being in the tabloids. And I mean....if you had just fallen in love then you would be exited too...so all this Tom Cruise bashing is B.S. and it was created by the tabloids because he said that anit-depressents were wrong. Come on guys...have an open mind.

Feb 1 - 04:36 PM

cowsfan

Kevin Levan

QUOTE People are just pissed at Tom Cruise for being in the tabloids END QUOTE

No, people are pissed off at Tom Cruise cause he makes an ass of himself.

There are plenty of people in the tabloids who I'm fine with.

Why don't you go over to a forum for disabled people and call them 'stupid retards'. I'm sure they'll love that.

Cheers,
Kevin

Feb 2 - 02:36 AM

glenbo

Glen Parris

Man, fuck Tom Cruise. And what the fuck is up with this sticking up for him? All I know is if you met Tom Cruise, considering you're a normal earthling, you would not be saying this. Sure the tabloids love going after him, but he sells because he was a huge star and now he has fallen dramatically due to his maniacally crazy views and actions. People love seeing other people fall flat on their face. The thing about scientology is that if you're a member, oh, you're crazy all right. IT'S A CLUT! But Cruise isn't that bad of an actor, people just hate his guts. I respect his work but I don't respect him as a person. And this is the way I feel about most of Hollywood.

As for the Razzies, well I have always liked the idea of naming the worst for movies, but honestly these people just don't execute. First of all, 3 of the 4 on screen couples aren't complete, Will Ferrell just picked some bad roles although he still is a good actor, Batman Begins shouldn't even be mentioned, and these people just take one thing and sink it so they feel better. So either get better Razzies or go away.

Feb 1 - 07:00 PM

JMA

Justin Adams

[b]Not a good list this year[/b]
I dislike Scientology as much as the next sane human being, but Tom Cruise shouldn't be nominated THAT much (and Katie Holmes shouldn't be nominated at all). Granted, he deserves all the negative press he's getting, but I've never had a problem with his acting ability itself. I used to like the Razzies, but they seem to have gone downhill in the last few years--for instance, they'll always nominate an actor or actress in a GOOD movie just because they think it's cute.

Are there are any other, decent bad movie lists?

Feb 1 - 07:45 PM

DreCosby

Dre Cosby

I can't believe Elektra, its screenplay and Jennifer Garner's performance got snubbed. I guess what they say about these people is true. They are so old that they forget about what comes out early in the year.

Also, they should have given Hayden worst actor instead of Tom Cruise, because he was the lead role, not the supporting role. Supporting should have gone to General Zod for Elektra.

Feb 1 - 07:46 PM

AttackofClones18

Alex Rooney

[b]Christ.[/b]
The only reason you hate Tom Cruise as a person is because the tabloids make him look bad. The only difference between Scientology and other religeons is that Scientology just helps you care for yourself in different ways...you believe in natural care instead of genetically engineered medicines (which may cause gas). And Hayden Christensen as Worst Actor?? I do not think so. He is not the Best Actor but he is definatly not the worst of the year.

Feb 1 - 08:29 PM

cowsfan

Kevin Levan

QUOTE The only difference between Scientology and other religeons is that Scientology just helps you care for yourself in different ways END QUOTE

Cheers,
Kevin

Feb 2 - 02:31 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

QUOTE Yeah, that and they charge you thousands of dollars to do so. People have lost their life savings to those malicious scammers. QUOTE

And of course, televangelists and other religions have never done anything of the sort. I have actually worked with Tom Cruise (albeit many years ago, on Days of Thunder) He was nothing but polite, friendly, and a decent guy. He never once tried to cram Scientology down my throat, or even mentioned it. Hell, I didn't know he was a scientologist until I read about it. He never tried to enlist me into his beliefs, which I can't say for my friends of other religious persuasions.

And let's not forget, 2000 years ago Christianity was a cult.

Feb 2 - 07:38 AM

Vitamin M

Matthew Haynes

um I kind of doubt Tom was too big into scientology 20 years ago but whatever. Also Christianity was more of an off shoot of Judism which had been around for much longer then 2000 years. Anyway you can call scientology a religion if it's still around in 20 years because I doubt that it will.
anyway these razzies suck.
WOTW was one of Tom's best performances in recent years and Paul Walker in Into the Blue wasn't even nominated but Alba was?
And what was wrong with Simpson and her shorts? i thought that was the only reason to watch the film?
crap list

Feb 2 - 09:15 AM

chazbow

Chuck O'Leary

[b]Why pick on poor Burt?[/b]
All actors like Burt Reynolds, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ryan O'Neal have to do is show up in a movie to get a Razzie nomination. Scott's absolutely right. They love picking on the same people all the time instead of honestly going after the year's worst.

I actually like the similar The Stinkers better. You can vote online right now for the worst acting categories and worst film of 2005 at www.thestinkers.com

Feb 1 - 09:04 PM

jaydurden

jay durden

i don't like cruise but he was actually good in WotW...christensen suffered from the bad screenplay of RotS but i dont think it was one of the worst perf of the year... i agree with the katie holmes nomination, she really WAS that bad in batman...

Feb 1 - 09:51 PM

cowsfan

Kevin Levan

Cheers,
Kevin

Feb 2 - 02:31 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

And let's not forget, 2000 years ago Christianity was a cult.

Feb 2 - 07:38 AM

Vitamin M

Matthew Haynes

anyway these razzies suck.
crap list

Feb 2 - 09:15 AM

cowsfan

Kevin Levan

QUOTE People are just pissed at Tom Cruise for being in the tabloids END QUOTE

No, people are pissed off at Tom Cruise cause he makes an ass of himself.

There are plenty of people in the tabloids who I'm fine with.

Cheers,
Kevin

Feb 2 - 02:36 AM

Skitch

Kaneda !

Worst Movie the Dukes of Hazzard?
Worst Actor Tom Cruise?
Worst Actress Katie Holmes?

These guys obviously don't watch near enough movies...I saw half a dozen performances this year worse than those picks. Where's The Cave, and Piper Perabo? Bad calls, Razzies.

Feb 2 - 05:25 AM

pota1967

David Jones

[b]Its just a game[/b]
This reminds me of the VH-1 worst of specials. Most of them arent really that bad but they are things people have heard of. If Razzies nominate Piper Perabo people (like me) are gonna say "Huh"???

Its also funny that after only 5-6 weeks King Kong is all forgotten about. I sometimes think back to 1978 where the movies ads would proclaim 12th smash week for a movie like Grease, Goodbye girl etc...

Feb 2 - 06:55 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

And let's not forget, 2000 years ago Christianity was a cult.

Feb 2 - 07:38 AM

Vitamin M

Matthew Haynes

anyway these razzies suck.
crap list

Feb 2 - 09:15 AM

Vitamin M

Matthew Haynes

anyway these razzies suck.
crap list

Feb 2 - 09:15 AM

AttackofClones18

Alex Rooney

[b]Umm...[/b]
Yea Tom Cruise was a into scientology that long ago...I read it in an interview with him...so BLAH! And KEVIN you fagmo. The media controlls what we see. If they want us to see something then they will show us. If that means making him look like this jerk off becuase he fell in love and he was exited than you are gonna see it. IF you have ever been in love then you will know the feeling you have when you first fall in love!! Tom Cruise was put in the tabloids for acting exited for falling in love.

Feb 2 - 04:34 PM

synergyred

Nancy Elizabeth

I think the problem with Tom Cruise is not so much that he is a Scientolgist, but the way he is expressing his views. He's being extremely close minded about other opinions and he is attacking other people personally. That's not a way to win yourself support and Tabliods just love to feed off of any kind of controversy.

I personally don't care that Tom is into a religion I don't really agree with. If it works for him, go him. I just think it's messed that he has to be so close-minded about other views. Did he really have to get in a huge argument with that interviewer (his name escapes me right now. Too late. Help?) . COuldn't he had just said "I really don't agree with you on this issue."?

Also, his performance in War of the Worlds isn't razzie material. Sure, it's a bit more limited than some of his other performances, but it was far from horrible!

Feb 2 - 09:51 PM

It.

Anna C

[b]Tom was great in WOTW[/b]
Why every time an actor play a common character, people think it is easy?
Hell no! as a comedian, I can tell you it is the most difficult thing to appear quite normal, and not overacting, like Kidman and Farell in Bewitched for example.

Cruise perf is like his in Eyes Wide Shut, very underrated. It look easy, it is absolutly not.
Words

I think the razzie needs attention, and who better than Cruise?

What a surprise that the biggest media whores Pitt and Jolie aren't nominated.
Pitt call the paparazzi to come in airports'private travelling zones! Did you know that?
He acted bad in Mr and Mrs Smith.
I think the razzie are pay by Pitt, seriously.

And what about Johnny Depp pre-selection, and no Orly Bloom?

BS.

Feb 8 - 06:18 PM

synergyred

Nancy Elizabeth

Feb 2 - 09:51 PM

It.

Anna C

[b]Tom was great in WOTW[/b]
Why every time an actor play a common character, people think it is easy?

Words

I think the razzie needs attention, and who better than Cruise?

What a surprise that the biggest media whores Pitt and Jolie aren't nominated.
He acted bad in Mr and Mrs Smith.
I think the razzie are pay by Pitt, seriously.

And what about Johnny Depp pre-selection, and no Orly Bloom?

BS.

Feb 8 - 06:18 PM

scottybarkbark

jonathan watterman

house of wax was far better than the other movie's nominated

Feb 3 - 12:57 PM

Reel 2/Dialogue 2

Jar Jar Binks

It's official. MTV Movie Awards [b]>[/b] Razzies.

Feb 5 - 01:52 AM

utti

Diana Le

People aren't annoyed with Tom Cruise just for being in the tabloids. He changed publicists because people were getting annoyed at him voluntarily showing up in the media in interviews and alienating audiences with his antics. But that shouldn't qualify you for a bad acting razzie.

Hayden Christensen? He was probably one of the best parts of Revenge of the Sith, and yeah he was the main, not supporting actor. I think Katie Holmes was just miscast because she didn't really fit in with the overall mood of Batman. Plus her character didn't have much to do either.

Feb 6 - 06:01 PM

It.

Anna C

[b]Tom was great in WOTW[/b]
Why every time an actor play a common character, people think it is easy?

Words

I think the razzie needs attention, and who better than Cruise?

What a surprise that the biggest media whores Pitt and Jolie aren't nominated.
He acted bad in Mr and Mrs Smith.
I think the razzie are pay by Pitt, seriously.

And what about Johnny Depp pre-selection, and no Orly Bloom?

BS.

Feb 8 - 06:18 PM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

SpongeBob's Back!
SpongeBob's Back!

See trailer for his 3D adventure

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships