Devil's Diary - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Devil's Diary Reviews

John2223
½ February 10, 2009
This is "Death Note's" Canadian version with good death scenes.
The execution is not the best, as well as the acting but at least is an entertaining little horror flix.
March 14, 2009
Haha, terrible! Obviously, the writers decided it would be cool to steal the Death Note concept and ultra-religify it, while trying to retain an audience of 15-year-old girls. This is good for some painful laughs, though.
August 12, 2008
best movie ever i strongly recommend it to everyone this is forever staying my number one favorite movie

the best ever i very strongly recomend it to everyone.
December 15, 2007
It was really good, I sure wish I had that book...You wouldn't believe the things I would do to people!!!!I want to see this movie again but I doesn't come on much. Poor Ursela, I wish she would have survived. YAY I got to watch the movie again. It came on again. Still a great movie.
February 2, 2014
The story idea was interesting enough to watch, but the acting and effects weren't good enough to keep my attention.
March 15, 2013
I enjoyed this movie it was better then a lot of the ones I've seen.
August 22, 2012
The premise of the movie was interesting, but wasn't executed well. The acting wasn't so bad, but the writing of the story line was awful in my opinion, as I found several holes in the story that annoyed me throughout. The rules of this evil book seemed to be made up on the spot and weren't consistent throughout the movie. I definitely recommend that you never watch this movie, unless you like terribly written made for tv horror films. Has "Lifetime" written all over it.
July 18, 2012
I still need to see the end :O
½ August 14, 2011
DEATH NOTE and DEATH NOTE AGAIN!!
½ December 17, 2011
DEATH NOTE and DEATH NOTE AGAIN!!
June 26, 2011
Uma estória mal aproveitada, um elenco fraco e um final chato. Quis ser Death Note, mas ficou só na vontade.
June 26, 2011
Uma estria mal aproveitada, um elenco fraco e um final chato. Quis ser Death Note, mas ficou s na vontade.
May 2, 2011
Quite average as far as the horror aspect goes (a little wink to Deathnote) but the acting seems natural and they do make the best out of the story without resorting to shabby effects. Worth the watch, but only once.
½ November 2, 2010
As a movie lover, I watch everything. Stating that, I move forward. At Halloween's weekend, I wanted to do what I love the most; watch a movie. For my surprise, the movie offering this Halloween was not as great as I was expecting, so I decide to see something new even if was not great. So, I encounter myself in front of my TV, set in Lifetime and ready to watch this "cute" movie named "Devil's Diary". For my surprise, this movie was somewhat enjoyable and the premise kept me interested. The plot is good, but if you don't enjoy the horror genre, I think you will not enjoy this movie.

Don't expect great special effects or amazing blow mind performances. This is a TV movie, with an average budget so the results are average. Putting the budget aside, I think the principal character did a good acting job and the rest of the cast was average. As a result we have a movie that is not fantastic, but it's not boring; it's entertaining but not fascinating.

As for the scary thermometer, I was a little scared at some scenes, which were really creepy, but for the most part, it was just a typical suspense thrill. In conclusion, this is a horror movie for a bored afternoon that will entertain you, but you will not remember it at sleepy time.
½ February 6, 2008
Reminded me of Death Note.
September 7, 2010
ANOTHER GREAT CRAFTY SUPERNATURAL MAYBE HALLOWEENISH MOVIE ALL IN ALL GOOD MOVIE
July 18, 2010
i really enjoyed this movie.. there was a myth about the book. Kinda creepy to think bad things can happen to ppl by writing it down in a book. high school girls are CRUEL. just plain mean, actually meaner than mean. they are like vicious piranhas out to kill their prey, but they write what they want to happen to others in the "diary" and then the prey's get hurt. yikes.

" GEORGIA, i look like a slutty raccoon" REALLY? i think you look HOT.

gotta love the popular girls in there horror films.
June 10, 2010
I saw like half of it and really liked it and want to see the rest :)