• R, 1 hr. 49 min.
    In Theaters:
    Jul 22, 2005 Wide
    On DVD:
    Nov 8, 2005
  • Lions Gate Films

Critic Review - Fantastica Daily

A sickening, socially-irresponsible glorification of depraved and sadistic behavior...The worst film of 2005.

December 28, 2005 Full Review Source: Fantastica Daily | Comments (21)
Fantastica Daily

Comments

thug4life1979

jamie boot

What part does morality play in judging a films quality? Go watch Million Dollar Baby or some other Oscar fishing feel good drama.

Aug 3 - 07:40 PM

mellowmark

Mark ziegler

Well it all depends on what you think makes a quality film in the first place, doesn't it?

Aug 29 - 02:19 PM

Vince Vaughn not really

Glenn Vaughn

lol you must really like this movie.
to me it was just sick, if you like gore you'll love this.

Aug 31 - 12:35 PM

Thomas L.

Thomas Labat

(sorry, english not my native lg.)

I can't believe it, Chuck O'Leary. Yes, the film is cruel, sadistic ; yes I found it disturbing ; but it's also a well-crafted movie. Fine acting, good editing... What's the point of your moral position here ? "socially irresponsible" = "worst film of 2005" ? Give me a break. This is totally irrelevant.

Apr 21 - 05:31 PM

Ken

Kenneth W.

Sorry, but in a year where "Alone in the Dark", "Son of the Mask" and "The Fog" were inflicted upon us, that's just silly. Those movies are far better examples of sadistic and irresponsible behaviour, as they're irresponsibly sadistic to the audience.

In my humble opinion, this is one of the better horror/comedies of the decade. An acquired taste, of course.

Jul 14 - 01:46 AM

CHRISTOf H.

CHRISTOf HOLOWICKI

thank you! where does this prick get off naming this movie worst of 05' while uwe boll still lives and breaths and makes video game movies?! i mean rejects loses its charm with multiple viewings but if i ever have to see another second of Son of the Mask before I die(because i picture hell is just a dark room where they play son of the mask all day) I'll lose my shit!

Sep 1 - 03:01 AM

CHRISTOf H.

CHRISTOf HOLOWICKI

Sep 1 - 03:01 AM

Jacob w.

Jacob wickham

you should be slapped in the face with a fish for saying the fog is a better movie then the devils rejects go & hong ur self

Dec 16 - 09:39 AM

Jacob w.

Jacob wickham

you should be slapped in the face with a fish for saying the fog is a better movie then the devils rejects go & hang ur self

Dec 16 - 09:39 AM

Ken

Kenneth W.

How you managed to interpret what I said as meaning that "The Fog" is better "Devil's Rejects" I'll never know. I'm not sure how one hongs themselves either. Does it involve Hong Kong? The plane tickets out there are too expensive, sorry.

Nov 16 - 10:44 PM

CHRISTOf H.

CHRISTOf HOLOWICKI

socially irresponsible!? OK Tipper Gore.

Sep 1 - 02:55 AM

Russ Q.

Russ Quartermain

I hate it when people use the word 'glorification' to negatively connotate a film.

It's a FUCKING MOVIE! Get over it.

Sep 16 - 01:08 AM

Holly T.

Holly Turner

THANK YOU THANK YOU CHUCK!
There is NOTHING positive about this movie. I was told to watch it as a 15 year old by some obviously perverted adult and have not been able to get certain scenes out of my mind since. It has been 5 years. NO ITS NOT JUST A FUCKING MOVIE! its a sick perverts idea of entertainment and i am floored that there are individuals out there that actually enjoy watching this. Sounds like a prerequisite for being a serial killer. Uhhhh get help!!

Jan 3 - 04:09 PM

Holly T.

Holly Turner

THANK YOU THANK YOU CHUCK!

Jan 3 - 04:09 PM

Dewayne Werdehausen

Dewayne Werdehausen

"A sickening, socially-irresponsible glorification of depraved and sadistic behavior" sounds like the definition of a good horror movie to me!

Nov 2 - 06:33 AM

Paul Sexton

Paul Sexton

I'm all for freedom of speech but someone should take this guy's computer away till he acquires some taste.

Jan 13 - 08:54 PM

Paul Sexton

Paul Sexton

Jan 13 - 08:54 PM

Jacob Pickle

Jacob Pickle

holly t just because some guy that didnt know how you would react told you to watch this movie doesnt make him a pervert,he probably thought at 16 you would be mature enough to handle it (obviously not) i watched it when i was 12 and those "scenes" are just from a movie so it didnt take long to get out of my head and to this dipshit that says he couldnt follow the movie maybe you should watch a sing a long,might be a little easier for you to follow and theres clearly an end when they all get shot in the car. grow up.

Mar 14 - 07:28 PM

Brandon Reid

Brandon Reid

pussy ahahahah....

Sep 12 - 10:23 PM

Kyle Donovan

Kyle Donovan

Did I stutter bitch?

Sep 23 - 08:50 PM

Christiana

Christiana Cheek

"socially-irresponsible"? I wish he could clarify this for me. Since when do movies get blamed for the actions of individuals? Oh, yeah, when hippy liberals were invented...

Oct 28 - 02:04 PM