Diana Reviews

½ September 27, 2015
I must be feeling REALLY ill to have watched this pile of kak. I promised myself I would never watch it. I still can't forgive Naomi Watts for making it.
½ January 16, 2014
Naomi Watts does a good job as Diana, even in the way she walks and looks, but there is not much that she can do to save a soapy script (full of horribly corny lines) that only shows her as immature, caricatural and not very bright, with no real insight into her character.
July 6, 2015
Well acted and a sad, sad story
May 3, 2015
Pensé contarían la historia que hizo a la verdadera Diana, aquella que siendo una plebeya conquistó el corazón del Príncipe Carlos y que con su labor hacia a la humanidad conquistó el corazón del mundo.
April 27, 2015
Diana is a decent film. It is about Princess Diana embarks on a final rite of passage: a secret love affair with Pakistani heart surgeon Hasnat Khan during the last two years of her life. Naomi Watts and Naveen Andrews give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Oliver Hirschbiegel did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama and romance.
April 15, 2015
I expected more, to be honest, but still it was interesting to see this movie...
March 11, 2015
i just didn't like that she was in love with anyone !! she was a famous woman she had to be alone.
½ February 21, 2015
It was definitely a little bit of a let down considering there was barely a glimpse of her children and her relationship with the royal family even after her divorce, but it also wasn't as bad as critics make it out to be.
½ December 19, 2014
In almost every way this film is unwatchable. Naomi Watts gives an uneven performance which is matched by a worse and frighteningly cheesy and cringeworthy script. The only compliment I can honestly give to the film is that its aestically pleasing visually. It doesnt look like it was produced on a budget of $2. It is also baffling that, Watts excluded, they would choose an unknown supporting cast in a film that depicts one of the royal family's, and history's most appreciated individuals. A disgrace to the woman herself who fortunately wont have to watch it as it is reserved for those in hell
½ October 17, 2014
HORRIBLE! BORING, BORING, BORING! Naomi Watts struck me as too old to play the role of Diana and failed to capture Diana's demeanor & charm & poise. Watched about 45% of this movie then stopped as it was such a DRAG! Not enough content here to pull you in! Very artificial in feel!
July 12, 2013
"Somewhere beyond right
and wrong there is a garden.
I will meet you there."
½ October 3, 2014
Admirable costumes, hairstyling, & acting by Watts & Andrews. I microscopic view of a lesser-publicized period of Diana's post-Charles life. Can't vouch for its authenticity nor shall I delve deeper into the facts, for this movie puts forward an alternate view as a woman simply seeking love and acceptance, away from the weight of the public eye and its expectations.
½ September 22, 2014
A biographical movie of princess Diana. It tells the story of her last two years of life, especially the romance side. A better movie than I anticipated. I think Jessica Chastain would have been also a good choice to play the role princess Diana, anyway Naomi Watts excelled in her opportunity. The movie did not fail because of the cast, characters and performances, the thing is I really don't know why, different people say different reason, but I enjoyed it. This real incident was happened when I was a little kid, I did not know the whole story then till I watch it now.

''There's about 5 billion people on this planet who can say
they love me! But is there one who can stay with me?''

After all Diana was also a human like everybody else and I did not find anything wrong with her romantic affair in her final days. In fact, as a cinematic it chronicles on the sufficient amount of limited characters. Lots of the big names were just left out. That's great because the movie had all the time to concentrate on the particular relationship. Except that I waited for the end tragedy scene which never came. I assumed, that could have been the highlight of the movie, which might have brought the tears. So I believe it is a great let down, the movie did not have the car crash scene. Especially the real reason behind it remains fishy and mystery. Naveen Andrews was great, but he was no way near to Hasnat Khan in appearance.

There might be some flaws in the movie, because in the biopics people often complain about many things. Those who observed all this incident closely at that time when it happened may recognize errors. But I feel modification sometimes need while transforming a real life to cinematic. Like any romantic movie it can be enjoyed by everyone who love biography. I did and liked it, certainly not a class movie like it should have been.
September 22, 2014
The script is poorly written, But Naomi Watts and the nice visuals are what make the film watch able.
½ September 7, 2014
I couldn´t understand parts after break up, that what it was all about. Nice look to how lonely life in palace could be though.
½ September 1, 2014
Mildly interesting, but mostly dull. Details the last two years of Princess Diana's life, and especially her relationship with Pakistani heart surgeon Hasnat Khan.

The fact that the movie concentrates on this one relationship means its already doomed to be mediocre at best. Romantic-dramas are generally dull, formulaic affairs and romantic biopics are even worse, as they smack of voyeurism. This movie is no different: the romantic side is dull and schmaltzy.

What prevents this movie from being a total waste of time is the other aspects of Diana's life: her untiring work for a number of causes, and the results of these efforts, being one. More darkly, the invasiveness of the paparazzi, and media in general, is examined. Pity the movie didn't examine how they contributed directly to her death...

Naomi Watts' performance in the lead role is quite weak. Supporting cast, especially Naveen Andrews, are fine.
½ February 21, 2014
She looks like she is acting, so that is bad acting.
½ August 15, 2014
Kuninkaallista glamouria, brittiläistä kulttuuria, kuuluisuuden kirouksia.

Kiusallista, kun tietää niin hyvin miltä henkilö näyttää, ja näyttelijä on vain jotain sinne päin. Naomi Watts - vaikkakin filmitähti - ei ollut lainkaan niin valovoimainen suuruus, kuin esittämänsä kuninkaallinen. Lähinnä ressukka tavis, hieman huonoihoinen tavis, joka välillä pääsi vähän piireihin.

Luulin, että Dodi oli se juttu, mutta tässä annettiin ymmärtää, että pakistanilainen sydänkirurgi oli Dianan elämän rakkaus.

Sinänsä mielenkiintoinen henkilökuvaus ja historiakatsaus, mutta mihin tässä uskoa ja mihin ei? Moni asia vaikutti siltä, ettei todellakaan ole voinut tapahtua Walesin Prinsessan elämässä. Kaiken lisäksi hänestä tehtiin - paitsi sydänten prinsessa - myös hieman hömelö ja tyhmänoloinen. Katsojalle roppakaupalla myötähäpeää...
½ August 14, 2014
This film is harshly underrated.