Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star Reviews

½ January 11, 2010
I thought Dickie Roberts was enjoyable! david Spade brings some pretty good talent to the table here!
August 6, 2009
its just the same man-nanny becomes friends with the kids movie but it has David Spade and hes funny
½ July 7, 2007
I turned it off 3/4 of the way through. David Spade was better back in the early 90's.
July 31, 2006
Definately unfunny. Why does it look like David Spade is wearing mascara??? This movie's plot is terrible, and, through the course of the movie, the use every cliche in the book. David Spade should stick to talking llamas.
iLeo
December 12, 2007
Crazy funny!
September 9, 2011
I saw this with a group of friends, it was fun and had memorable lines but it was still kind of dumb. But I don't care.
November 20, 2007
It is not the funniest movie world, but it is not as bad as a lot of the reviews say it is. David Spade has moments where his sarcastic and crass attitude work nicely and do get a laugh, but the characters of the family around him do not work very well at all and it feels scripted and processed. It does not blow you away as a super funny movie and it is a bit of a disappointment for a Davis Spade movie, but this one is lighthearted and has some smiles and a few mild laughs.
½ July 10, 2009
This movie was so stupid that I couldn't help laughing. I thought it was hilarious. The most memorable part was good old Dickie Roberts dancing with the little girl while she was practicing for her tryout.
½ April 16, 2009
A nice feel good comedy with a few awkward moments that make this movie feel as it is geared towards kids.

David Spade is perfect for his role and does a good job. His acting ultimately makes this movie enjoyable and fun.
December 21, 2008
This movie was funny as HELL haha I never knew david spade could be such a fool, he has mad raggin skills as well =P
October 10, 2008
Ohh wow. I really loved this movie. I kinda lyk choked on my popcorn laughing at this movie. It was embarassing! Haha. Its also a must see.
½ August 11, 2008
It was actually really funny! Lots of child stars to remember in this movie. Just much better than I was expecting.
½ November 9, 2007
this was an alright movie , not a gut buster like i was hoping it to be , but it did have a coulpe laugh outloud parts, and i do like david spades charaster in this movie he really did a good job
September 30, 2007
Cleaver, good messages, but I would have preferred it if they hadn't ended it with him married. It would have been better.
September 2, 2007
Great movie when it came out it was highly underlooked and still is the majority that saw this film enjoyed it.
July 25, 2007
Surprisingly slightly better then you might expect . . . which is not to say it's really good or anything. Just better then you would expect.
June 30, 2007
Laughed my ass off!! I guess I'm still in love with David Spade because he can still make me laugh with this movie. Its a wonderfully played out movie that tells a funny story about a guy who wants to be a kid again but ends up becoming a man.
June 28, 2007
You want this to go in the line of comedies you watch over and over again cause it has Adam Sandler's fingerprints on it. But it fails so horribly you just take it out back and light it on fire.
June 9, 2007
Surprisingly funny little flick, stupid concept but I thought i was executed pretty damn well. I've seen it numerous times and I always have fun with it
½ May 20, 2007
A funny and endearing movie. You want to hate David Spade's character for being such an idiot, but you come to love him and his mission to grow up 'normal.'