Die Mommie Die! Reviews

June 2, 2015
Mark Rucker's film of Charles Busch's script is one of those classic indie gems that seemed to fly under the radar. Rucker fills the screen with a committed stylistic flourish and he fully utilizes the talents of a cast who appear to not only fully understand the artful but over-the-top spoof equal to their commitment to their respective roles. While this is most definitely Charles Busch's movie, he never gets in the way of the consistently comedic performances of the supporting cast. Natasha Lyonne and Jason Priestley really shine in this unexpectedly fun send-up.
October 14, 2007
The problem with Die, Mommie, Die, a drag send-up of the genre, is that it spoils the fun by making things sooooooo obvious.
August 29, 2013
I absolutely love it.
June 8, 2013
Enjoyable campy romp, this film sets out to parody the campy melodramas of the 50s and 60s by being one at the same time as sending them up. Charles Busch is very good as the heroine of yesteryear, and a convincing woman, but for my money, plays it a bit too straight. This is less Mommie Dearest and more well, Die Mommie Die! I suppose it's hard to pull off intentional camp, but everyone does a good job- particularly the ever-handsome Jason Priestley. Unfortunately I saw the first twist coming a mile away and that made the last third a little too silly, but not silly enough. It's good enough if you're a fan of the original genre and looking for something light and entertaining.
½ April 10, 2012
although the acting is cheezy its a different spin on sitcom life.
May 18, 2009
its ok, somewhat funny
½ January 16, 2009
Not very good...you can tell this was derived from a play...

Good intentions, but it turned out to be an Indie-Dud IMO...
½ January 4, 2009
2003 Seattle Lesbian & Gay Film Festival
½ August 3, 2008
Actually kind of a bad movie, but its campy and over the top, surprisingly funny moments.
April 11, 2008
This movie has it all. If your a Bette Davis (or Joan Crawford) fan this is the movie for you. Its a parody of 'Baby Jane', 'Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte', 'Dead Ringer', 'The Nanny', "Valley of the dolls' and 'Mommy Dearest' just to name a few!! I was really impressed by the way Busch captured the character on screen and how well it was written.
½ October 14, 2007
although the acting is cheezy its a different spin on sitcom life.
October 10, 2007
'Valley of the Dolls ' meets 'Peyton Place' meets "Whatever happened to Baby Jane'
meets 'The Best of Everything' meets every other over-done Hollywood cliche creating this high-camp romp, complete w/ B&W flashbacks, twins exchanging identities, and big fake eylashes. Amusing.
½ December 27, 2006
Weird beyond belief and very bad acting. Although the acid trip was fantastic.
½ August 3, 2007
The cast is a blast but the forzed camp becomes annoying very fast.
July 2, 2007
A little darker than Psycho Beach Party, but a good mystery (surprisingly).
July 2, 2007
Hilarious movie! Very unique... I wish I was better with words.
June 20, 2007
great. very enterntaining.
½ June 8, 2007
this movie is really funny. if you like this, watch Pscho beach party also
May 30, 2007