Digging To China (1998)
Average Rating: 4.4/10
Reviews Counted: 7
Fresh: 3 | Rotten: 4
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 1
Fresh: 0 | Rotten: 1
Average Rating: 3.6/5
User Ratings: 1,869
Actor Timothy Hutton's directorial debut is set in rural New Hampshire of the mid-'60s. Divorced motel owner Mrs. Frankovitz (Cathy Moriarty) has two daughters -- Gwen (Mary Stuart Masterson), who is preoccupied with various boyfriends, and troubled 10-year-old Harriet (Evan Rachel Wood). One day Harriet finds a playmate -- retarded Ricky Schroth (Kevin Bacon) -- after the car driven by his terminally ill mother Leah (Marian Seldes) breaks down while taking him to be institutionalized. When Mrs.
Sep 11, 1998 Wide
Jul 10, 2001
Koch Lorber Films
Watch It Now
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Audience Reviews for Digging To China
- Ricky Schroth: We're one big sad monster. Four legs, four arms, two heads, two noses.
- Ricky Schroth: I'm gonna stay the same. You like me now but, you won't like me later. You're gonna grow up. I'm not.
- Harriet Frankovitz: Sometimes I thought my mother was smart and really beautiful. Other times I worried a nest of spiders was living in her hair and they were eating through her skull and chewing on her brain.
- Ricky Schroth: My mother says before I was born I was the same as everybody else, better even. My mom says I'm from a place where I'm the smartest person there, everybody sings.
- Harriet Frankovitz: My mother says I was born with an angel on my shoulder. This is supposed to bring me luck and happiness. I think she lied.
- Harriet Frankovitz: I always wished for the same two things which were really only one thing. I wanted something magical to happen to me, and I wanted my mother to get well.
Discuss Digging To China on our Movie forum!