—— Hercules Jul 25

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
76% You're the Worst: Season 1

Un dimanche à Kigali (A Sunday in Kigali) Reviews

July 8, 2013
Great film! I read the book (entitled Un dimanche à la piscine de Kigali), and am amazed at how the Director was able to capture such a powerful story on the screen. Great casting, and incredible performances. If you liked Hotel Rwanda, you'll love this. Really worth watching.
hipsterfilmreviews
October 29, 2012
Warning:
Sexual harassment
Sexual assault
Racism
Threats of rape
White privilege

Uhh. Self-unaware and unrealistic acting, amidst racism and misogyny from all fronts. I got cut off when jumping to the next .vob file, and my subtitles didn't carry over. I don't think I'm going to put the effort in to merging these files. Characters seem to be emotionally unaware that a genocide has just taken place. They're just not responding realistically.

Not recommended
December 2, 2012
I read the book first which was g0od, but the film didn't live up to it. i can't help but feel that budget limitations hurt this one. Luc Picard was excellent in the lead, but the film felt long, wasn't super engaging, and generally couldn't have been improved all around. It's a shame as an important and interesting story. Skip it unless really interested in Rwanda.
March 24, 2012
Tres touchant! Je pleurais beaucoup!Un film tres excellent! N'est-ce pas @Ayeola John-Charles?
March 7, 2007
Magnifique. Un film québécois dont je suis TRÈS fière et ravie d'avoir vu. L'histoire est déchirante, jpeux pas vous cacher que j'ai pleuré! Et avec de bonnes raisons!
November 30, 2007
Les deux acteurs principaux sauvent ce film...
November 22, 2007
Le génocide rwandais doit être expliquer, entendu et compris. Le problème avec un dimanche a Kigali c'est le côte artistique. Le film tient sur un fil. C'est difficile. La performance de Luc Picard et Fatou N'Diaye est cependant excellente.
MovieGuruDude72
September 4, 2007
You've got jungle fever!
October 21, 2007
Haunting and beautiful
denisnadia
July 25, 2007
rwanda sad history, human can be cruel...une petite histoire du massacre au rwanda
July 1, 2007
Super touchant et dur comme film, mais exellent! Quelques longueurs par contre...
ericbcalgary
June 25, 2007
Africa... Africa... Africa... Why are you so tough with yourself????
yar63
June 23, 2007
This is one of the most boring movie I have ever seen, lol. I watch the whole thing on vast forward cause I couldn't handle it no longer. If you want a good SNOOZE movie to fall asleep, this is one of them.
April 8, 2007
Sentivie, beautiful, fomantic, sad, touching, hard, true, this movie will touch your heart.
russianceltic
March 31, 2007
Vraiment, vraiment tourmentant. Oui c'est une histoire d'amour, mais surtout rien de quétaine. Une leçon lève-coeur sur le génocide rwandais. La photographie est fort belle et la musique de Jorane parfaite.
emcy
March 29, 2007
Very well rendered, I think. Unapologetic and real, though I must admit I was more intrigued by the subplot of what it was all based on, the truths of that and that the community went trough as a whole, rather than the romance in the story. Compelling all the same, though.
March 6, 2007
I want to see it !!!
SarahJoyFrost
December 9, 2006
Yeah, i'd like to see this, i think!
August 3, 2006
Je l'ai adorer.. my god j'ai tellement pleurer !! hahha napkin Nikki ! ;) pis je l'ai plus aimé que hotel rwanda.. ! vrmt c ketchose a voir !
July 23, 2006
Dure réalité visant les peuple ennemis don meme pays ..