—— The Purge: Anarchy Jul 18

80% Vicious: Season 1
—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Dirt! The Movie Reviews

May 10, 2013
A cautionary yet incredibly optimistic look at the importance of conserving soil and other natural resources for the betterment of mankind. The interviews are intelligent and informative with plenty of poignant points.
January 11, 2014
The expression "common as dirt" wouldn't exist if there weren't an awful lot of dirt in this world. But is there as much as we think -- or even as much as we need? And what's been happening to it? Dirt is the outer layer of the Earth and the place where nearly all the world's vegetation comes to life, but the 20th Century was a bad time for dirt -- the rise of corporate farming practices have led to reliance of fertilizers with negative long-term effects on the soil, while clear-cutting of rainforests and global warming are making it harder to grow the food the world needs, making workable soil an increasingly scarce commodity. Filmmakers Bill Benenson and Gene Rosow offer a witty but incisive look at dirt, what's in it, how it's used and how we must protect it in the documentary Dirt! The Movie. Adapted in part from the book Dirt!
February 23, 2011
Dirt is the matrix of life, without it we die. Yet, we are systematically destroying our soil using with pesticides, fertilizers, mountain-top strip mining, asphalt and too many other ways to mention in this brief review. Can we grow enough food to feed all 8 billion of us if we run out of healthy land? Check out this film and find out...