Dirty Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dirty Girl Reviews

September 30, 2013
Such a great movie. Has its many hilarious and emotional moments. The great cast does an amazing job. Plus it has an amazing soundtrack.
September 5, 2013
This movie was cute and fun. Good cast, great soundtrack, and the clothes, hair, and makeup brought me right back to 1987. Thoroughly enjoyed this movie. As long as you don't go into it with overly critical eyes, you can enjoy it for what it is.
March 31, 2012
Awe such a good flick!! Loved it!!
½ August 31, 2013
3.5/5 --- "This world is full of dipshits."

A LOL comedy with good drama inbetween, and a film brave enough to tackle hard issues about our parents, our sexuality, our friendships and more..."Dirty Girl" definitely has its moments and I did tear up at the song, well done kind of pop-art film! Loud colors, the hair and the wardrobe of the late 80s all make an appearance. Juno Temple rocks it again, I'm surprised she's still not that hit star but then again maybe she doesnt want to be, at least she's an indie queen ;) Intro of Jeremy Dozier is great, and Millo Jovovich in a real role (not kicking ass but) actually emotionally acting (and also not her husband's films). Props! Overall funny and heartfelt.
½ October 6, 2011
A hilarious and emotional tale of two loser freaks. Juno Temple and Jeremy Dozier shine in the story of Clarke and Danielle, two misfits who get partnered on a flour child assignment and after blowing off both sets of parents go searching for her biological father and end up finding themselves (it's less corny than I make it sound). Both of the leads show incredible talent, and the script rocks with every emotion conceivable. Special mention needs to go to the costume and makeup designer, who manage to match Danielle's evolving personality to her look in every scene, and to the director.....or at least, to the crew member who had the bright idea to give Joan the flour bag a changing marker face that nearly makes her as much an active character as any human in the cast. Also worth noting are the roles of the parents, played with a unique perfection by Dwight Yoakam (Clarke's dad), Mary Steenburgen (Clarke's mom), William H. Macy (Danielle's stepdad-to-be), and an unexpectedly impressive Milla Jovovich (Danielle's mom) and Tim McGraw (Danielle's absent biological father, who pops up for a brief but heavy role near the end). This is a movie that's so full of love and laughter that you'll be crying tears of pain one minute and joy the next, which makes this one of the best movies that you could hope to see.
August 14, 2013
An unlikely duo teams up for a roadtrip they won't soon forget. The acting for both Juno Temple and Jeremy Dozier are on point.
July 27, 2013
I loved this so much. Perfect rainy day movie.
½ July 16, 2013
surprisingly good movie.
½ July 13, 2013
I loved it. But there were some scenes that I didn't like.
January 17, 2012
¡Muy buena película! No creo que sea tan mala como indica el porcentaje, es una cinta "simpática" con una buena actuación por parte de Juno Temple, y de algunos miembros del reparto. El guion tiene algunos momentos graciosos, la química entre Juno Temple y Jeremy Dozier es buena (no la mejor, pero buena). En fin, creo que Dirty Girl es una buena opción.
July 11, 2013
This movie has a lot of heart but can be extremely random at times.
June 30, 2013
I love this movie. Jeremy Dozier and Juno Temple are absolutely fantastic!
hunterjt13
June 13, 2013
A teenager and her gay friend hit the road to search for the girl's estranged father.
About every road trip cliche is combined with every gay best friend cliche is combined with every estranged teenager cliche. There's nothing original about this film's plot or execution. As tepid as it is, it doesn't offend one's sensibilities with cliche-piling, but that's about the best that can be said of it.
Juno Temple is charming and sometimes funny (even if her accent is nothing like what I heard in Norman), and Jeremy Dozier gives a strong performance in his film debut.
Overall, Dirty Girl is pretty boring, but it's pro-gay, post-sexual revolution sensibilities made me not mind it as much as I should have.
June 4, 2013
A cute film about two very different teenagers who finds true friendship through processing their problems. Both Juno Temple and Jeremy Dozier are really great in their rolls.
June 3, 2013
(((o(*���*)o)))
½ June 1, 2013
This was an interesting little movie. It drags a bit here and there and I didn't like some of the characters, but its worth a watch.
Mark H.
½ May 12, 2013
An underrated, admittedly uneven film which boasts a powerful performance by lead, Juno Temple. She carries this film, and while it never feels sure on its feet, Dirty Girl has a lot more to offer than the title or opening act suggest. Once Danielle opens up to Clarke, we are treated to an unconventional friendship that grows strong as the two chase their respective dreams. And just try not to cry at the end when Danielle meets her father, or when she performs her vocal solo. You know you want to.
½ May 28, 2013
Absolutely Loved clarke and Danielle's relationship
May 26, 2013
The reviewers just needed to dump on somebody. This film could have been a boring "after-school special," but any time it was heading toward saccharine, they threw in some oregano. In most cases, people made the right decision. And it was good to see a positive portrayal of a gay guy--yet make him physically unattractive. My favorite part was the narrator--who is a bag of flour. How can you beat that? And I disagree that this was any kind of abstinence propaganda. Certainly, the "dirty girl" was promiscuous, and we feel that she will be more discriminating at the end, BUT her promiscuity was USING the boys, not the other way around, AND there's no hint that she's going to be a nun at the end. Likewise, the gay kid is self-actualized, and he, too, is set to have an active sex life. See the film for yourself and add to the positive reviews. . .
May 26, 2013
wow what a movie......i have just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a brilliant movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess thorughout this movie.......i think that juno temple, jeremy dozier, milla jovovich, william h macy, mary steenburgen, dwight yoakam, zach lasry, play good roles/parts throughout this movie............i think that the director of this comedy/drama movie had done a great job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect thorughout this movie...........i think that the soundtrack throughout this movie is really good as well........i think that this is such a brilliant movie 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie.........i think that jeremy dozier was absolutley brilliant thorughout this movie........i think that this is a brilliant comedy/drama movie 2 watch its got a great cast thorughout this movie........i think that tim mcgraw was great throughout this movie........i think that this is a brilliant movie 2 watch its so really well directed.........i think that william h macy was brilliant throughout this movie........i think that milla jovovich was great throughout this movie as well........i think that the soundtrack throughout this movie was really good as well........i think that this is an enjoyable movie 2 watch its got a good cast thoruhgout this movie...............i think that this is a really enjoyable comedy/drama movie 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie............i think that this is such a great indie movie 2 watch its so really well directed, its got a great soundtrack throughout this movie i think that this is a brilliant movie 2 watch with a great cast throughout this movie its so really well directed 2 watch its an enjoyable movie 2 watch