42% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Disclosure Reviews

Phil H

July 31, 2013
The third film in Michael Douglas' sex trilogy, this has always kinda amazed me really seeing as the guy is hardly good looking. Yet I remember this film well upon release, the films poster was raunchy and everybody was talking about the sex scene with Demi Moore. The films main plot was also a big talking point, sexual harassment of a man in the workplace...by a higher grade woman. A concept that was deemed to be impossible and rather un-PC.

In all honesty the film was pretty much sold on that one sex scene. But it wasn't even a sex scene, it was more rough and dirty, clearly made to be scandalous and edgy, and it worked. I can't deny its a sexy sequence especially with Moore's provocative and dominating dialog at the same time...'you just lie back and let me be the boss'.

This film really brought Moore to my attention. Her dominance and bitchy attitude is incredibly sexy and could easily cause any man a huge moral dilemma, and I guess that is the entire point.

After this scene the plot gets nasty as Moore's real character is exposed and she tries everything in her power to bring Douglas' character down. Its all about lies, accusations, trust and mainly power, who has the power, are women as powerful as men in business? or do they actually have more power?. Its an interesting premise which works well and does open your eyes somewhat. Does this happen in reality? to be honest I'm sure it does as in this modern age equality laws for the sexes can easily swing in favour of the female in cases just like this (evidence depending). Bottom line it can/could be very easy for a female in the work place to cause a lot of trouble for a man without the need for immediate hard evidence.

As for the film, I think its very good, it grips you and makes you feel uncomfortable. Personally I felt quite nervous throughout the whole film, it really did make me squirm, kudos to everybody involved for that achievement. I also felt compassion for Douglas' character, I wanted him to succeed and prove himself innocent, the direction and performances are very good and all help in locking you in with the plot. Moore really does the powerful bitch role well, its hard to like her here despite the fact most men would have let her 'rape' them in that one sex scene (I know I would have).

Its a performance driven film and I think everyone nails it. Sutherland as ever is well cast as the boss, never sure whether he is up to something, always looking kinda shifty, a corporate boss who appears friendly on the outside but cold and merciless on the inside. Kudos must also go to Roma Maffia as Douglas' lawyer, I think her performance is the best in the film!. Her character knows how to play the game, she gives you the viewer confidence, she relaxes you because you know she knows what she's doing, plus she looks like a lawyer too.

I'm sure many people will be able to relate to situations like this in their own work place. I think the whole atmosphere of taking sides, rumours, the little digs, plotting, wild accusations, betrayal, the private chats with superiors etc...all are created well within the film, its quite grounded and realistic if you ask me.

I think this film ranks highly alongside 'Fatal Attraction', that film exposed the possible flaws in equality between the sexes on the homefront (trust issues), whilst this film exposes it in the workplace. A very good tense legal thriller set completely within the professional world where men supposedly reign supreme. Add some gritty sex, gritty dialog and some fancy visual technology effects (amusingly dated now) and you have a decent drama.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
I liked it the first time when it was called Fatal Attraction. Yes, this movie reminds you a lot of that one, but it's less exciting. I didn't care for it.
Dean !

January 13, 2007
A sort of thriller as an old flame comes back to accuse Michael Douglas character of sexual harassment. Then it gets tied up in corporate politics and legal proceedings. Not bad overall but looking a little didn't and a bit long for a film of this type.
movieguru12
movieguru12

August 22, 2009
I liked this movie alot. Though I would like to watch it a second time. :)
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

November 5, 2007
I quite enjoyed it to be honest.
Its one of these films where it hasnt got a lot of action but is a drama but i was really enjoying it because it keeps surprising you with differnt twists it even kept me on my seat thinking well who the hell is it so its really worth a watch michael douglas and Demi Moore are brilliant with a great supporting acto played by donald sutherland really worth a watch
thmtsang
thmtsang

July 14, 2007
Movie about sexual harrassment in the workplace.
Stuart B

March 2, 2007
Over hyped and over rated.
garyX
garyX

February 26, 2007
More unpleasant and politically suspect trash from the jowled one, once more bemoaning how oppressed he is for being a white, middle-class, middle-aged Republican. Boo hoo.
deano
deano

November 29, 2006
Demi Moore makes hotter and fantastic performance as a bitch boss to ruin Michael Douglas's life.
Ilyaas H

July 9, 2011
There's plenty of sexual tension which allows half of the work to be done, but for a thriller Disclosure moves at a frustratingly slow pace.
Angel G.
Angel G.

April 4, 2012
Sometimes it got boring, but the movie is saved by solid performances from Demi Moore and Michael Douglas. I liked the theme, It was interesting, the sex scene between the leads was probably the hardest part to watch (very strong sex scene), the script was good, but not great, and once again Michael Douglas nails the role as the one getting screwed in the head by the woman, and Demi Moore is excellent and sexy, Disclosure is a great and thrilling time at the movies!
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

March 11, 2010
This psychological Thriller stars Michael Douglas as the happily married and successful computer expert who gets abused by his new boss, the dangerously sexy and ambitious Demi Moore with whom he had an affair in his bachelor days. She tries to pick up where they left off but he manages to resist deciding to file charges of sexual harassment instead but this is the last thing his company needs and he comes under increasing pressure from Donald Sutherland who gives a convincing performance as a "bad guy" and is the President of the Company they work at. Roma Maffia does an excellent job of playing Michael Douglas's lawyer. This is Hollywood's first sexual harassment film to the best of my knowledge about a woman molesting a man.
"Sexual harassment is not about sex, it's about power. She has it, you don't".
All in all a well-done film with a great cast.
ashley h

August 5, 2007
This movie is the PRECISE example of why you don't go dipping your pen in the office ink,because it will come back to explode in your pocket. They were both very good in this and the story was good. The sex scene was too much for me,wouldn't you hate to have been the cleaning lady in that building?
Sunil J

May 25, 2008
Not as good as the book but still pretty captivating.
David S

January 8, 2010
Ah, the 90's! An era when Michael Douglas was considered sexy and Demi Moore decided it was time to get her tits out in every movie. Actually this quite a good movie, with very strong performances from Douglas and especially Moore. Sutherland makes a good pantomime villain and Goodall is wasted as Douglas' wife. The whole thing is very slick and the 'seduction' scene is still very sexy. The virtual reality makes it look a bit dated now but overall the story holds up well and kept my interest until 2am.
Adam M

May 16, 2007
Drama with Michael Douglas who's being sued for sexual harassment by his new boss, sexy Demi Moore, who actually used to be his girlfriend. Douglas is the head of some IT department in a big company but when Moore steps in to become Vice President she wants Douglas out, and him, sort of, turning down her sexual advances gives her the perfect opportunity to make up a story to get rid of him. It's not the worst film ever i suppose but the script isn't up to much and Michael Douglas kinda just walks through his lines. I'm guessing this was meant to show that women can be just as manipulative and powerful as men in the work place and in the mid 90's maybe that was a big deal but nowadays it just doesn't seem relevant and despite the satisfying ending,and an appearance from Donald Sutherland(who i couldn't tell whether he was in on Moore's plan or not) this went on for far to long and overall is a bit dull and crappy.
Lee K

April 3, 2009
Pretty good "fatal attraction" type film. Good performances from Douglas and Moore.
Chosen 7

November 8, 2007
Good film. Great performances by Michael Douglas and Demi Moore[ damn she is sexy as f***].
Robert F

November 26, 2007
The first hour was Boring with a capital B. It looked as though it was going to go somewhere really interesting - what with the fierce debates about sex and power, and strong arguments coming from both a male and female perspective. Unfortunately, it turned into a high-tech cyber thriller that simply became confusing towards the end. 3 stars.
rodjeckrich
January 7, 2013
I thought Demi Moore was hot in this but that is about all this has going for it. I was never a Michael Douglas fan and to buy him as a victim, especially with Demi throwing herself on top of him, it's just a little too far fetched. Books like this are boring and wind up making boring movies. Still that Demi Moore was beyond hot in the 90's