Disco Pigs (2001)
Average Rating: 4.8/10
Reviews Counted: 5
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 4
No consensus yet.
Release Date: Apr 1, 2003 Wide
Average Rating: 3.7/5
User Ratings: 5,394
A friendship between two young people grows into a dangerous obsession in this drama based on the acclaimed stage play by Enda Walsh. Darren (Cillian Murphy) and Sinead (Elaine Cassidy) were born moments apart in the same hospital in a small Irish community. Nicknamed "Pig" and "Runt," Darren and Sinead grew up next door to each other and became inseparable friends while they were still toddlers; at the age of 16, their bond is even stronger than ever. However, Darren and Sinead also have a
Apr 1, 2003 Wide
Apr 29, 2003
Vanguard - Official Site
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Audience Reviews for Disco Pigs
- Darren ("Pig"): Beautiful face, yours.
- Sinead ("Runt"): What's the color of love, Pig?
- Darren ("Pig"): What sort of love, love?
- Sinead ("Runt"): Don't know. But you know the way things, they got a color. I wonder what the color of love is.
- Darren ("Pig"): Jesus, Runt. You could read a thousand thick books and never know the answer to that quiz.
- Sinead ("Runt"): It's be a good one to know, ah?
- Darren ("Pig"): It'd be brilliant, Runt. It's around here somewhere.
- Sinead ("Runt"): Only a few moments old, and I start thinking things then. Staring at that white sky right above me. And I want for something altogether different. And that's when I hear him.
- Darren ("Pig"): [baby cries]
- Sinead ("Runt"): And through the Noddy and Big Ears'd wall, I search after his cry. The cry so lonely it scares and makes me cry too. And all the sights that we could see, they go invisible when we hear each other's cries. And that's when the magic it all begin. It begin when the baby Pig, and baby Runt, state through their baby eyes, you see. And the crying and screaming all stop.
- Sinead ("Runt"): From that moment on, we become one. And we need no one else. Nobody.
- Sinead ("Runt"): I want to walk into the sea and never come back. I want the tide to take me out of me and give me someone else. Maybe for a half hour or so. That would be good, wouldn't it, Pig?
Discuss Disco Pigs on our Movie forum!