Is Shia LaBeouf The Last Man?

Summary

Those of you who had "Shia LaBeouf walking around a post-plague landscape with a monkey" on the list of things you wanted to see before you died may soon have your dreams come true. Back to Article

Comments

Ender7406

Andrew Raine

Reynolds is too old. This can be the big breakout role for Shia that graduates him to adult status. IF they do this s*** right...

Jan 30 - 01:45 PM

FireflyFan4evr

Steven Johnson

Two words for what "Y" rightfully should be: HBO series.

Jan 30 - 01:53 PM

grapplingchamp

derek egeler

ok Ive read Y since the day issue one came out, and all I have to say is keep Shia out of this movie. I dont know about all the rest of you but im getting a little sick of seeing him in everything. He is an ok actor and good in a few things, but Indy's kid and now this? Seems to me like it will be nothing but dissappointing. Please keep him outta Y, I dont ask for much.

Jan 30 - 02:51 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Ryan Reynolds sucks. Van Wilder (not that funny), Waiting (mediocre), Just Freinds, and dont even try to make a come back about Blade Trinity.

Jan 30 - 03:05 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Does anyone else think Topher Grace would be good, I think he would be perfect.

Jan 30 - 03:05 PM

zakb7

Bob Loblaw

Topher Grace would work. Shia? See above.

Jan 30 - 04:12 PM

zakb7

Bob Loblaw

Shia Laboeuf...this about sums it up: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXCK1EyP4s

Can we all agree this kid is NOT "the next Tom Hanks?" Maybe Bosom Buddies-era Hanks at best. After "Disturbia," I cannot watch another second of him on film. Just me, I guess. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Jan 30 - 04:10 PM

zakb7

Bob Loblaw

Topher Grace would work. Shia? See above.

Jan 30 - 04:12 PM

RuinerxxSINCITY

Ben Bendetti

I like Shia, but didn't we just see a movie exactly like this?The only differences are a monkey instead of a dog, and Shia instead of Will Smith. Maybe the plot is different from I Am Legend. The description in this article makes it sound like the movie is almost identical.

Jan 30 - 07:52 PM

Put Username Here

Mirren Maacenrowe

Sorry about that. I didnt see your comment until I was done. But Im glad Im not the only one who thinks this.

Jan 31 - 06:50 AM

SrgtStew

Jake Wickett

Shia is close, but I'm more than assured that they'll fuigre out some other way to F this adaptation up.

Jan 30 - 11:26 PM

Weicher

Alvaro San Martin

I'm afraid Mr Johnson is helming it. At least, it seems like he will be assessed by Garth "The man" himself... well, I remain skeptical, but that's better.

From the Wikipedia article:

In May of 2006, rumors began circulating that the cable TV network HBO might produce an adaptation of Preacher. [2] In late November, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed this, reporting that the network was developing a one-hour series with executive producers Mark Steven Johnson and Howard Deutch, the writing-directing team who created Grumpier Old Men. Johnson will also write the pilot. [3]

Mark Steven Johnson told SCI FI Wire that he plans to turn each issue of the comic into a single episode, which will be as close to the original source material as possible. "I gave [HBO] the comics, and I said, 'Every issue is an hour,'" Johnson said at a preview of his upcoming film Ghost Rider in Hollywood, Calif., on Nov. 30. "And it's exactly the book. ... I had my meeting yesterday, and Garth Ennis is on the phone, and we're all in the room, and Garth is like, 'You don't have to be so beholden to the comic.' And I'm like, 'No, no, no. It's got to be like the comic.' So that's what's so brilliant about it. It's just like, HBO, who else would do it but them? Nobody. ... HBO is just like, 'Bring it on.'" [4] Johnson has also confirmed that this will include the various one-shots and mini-series. [5]

However, Mark Steven Johnson has since reversed this position and stated that there will be new content. In an interview with iF Magazine he notes "Well there would

Jan 31 - 01:20 AM

Weicher

Alvaro San Martin

Don't forget Battlestar Galactica and Lost.

Jan 31 - 01:21 AM

Put Username Here

Mirren Maacenrowe

Now I'm ignorant to this comic book so I will reserve my comments until you guys and gals can help me understand this better, but does this movie not sound like a "I Am Legend 2". From the sound of it its just Will Smith and his dog turned into Shia LaBeouf and a monkey. Again, if there is any differentiation between the two let me know but as it stands now it doesnt sound interesting and Ive seen every LaBeouf movie twice. Yes, even Holes.

Jan 31 - 06:47 AM

Put Username Here

Mirren Maacenrowe

Jan 31 - 06:50 AM

bigmansmallmouth

Luke Jensen

Ex Machina is a Wildstorm comic actually. Buuuuut, is still amazing (vis a vis Brian K. Vaughan)

Jan 31 - 08:14 AM

Circe Prankster

Prentice Clark

To those who are wondering how this series is different from "I Am Legend" - I haven't yet read the series but I believe that the plague in "Y" kills only the men, not the women. So when they say "The Last Man" they mean, literally, the last MAN not the last human being. I assume the "Y" refers to his Y chromosome. This scenario obviously allows for many interesting possibilities quite different from the issues in Legend.

I'd think any young actor would jump at the chance to appear in this - lots and lots of hot young female costars.

Jan 31 - 12:00 PM

sacredchao

Ryan Felts

Shia LeBouf as Yorrick would suck. Please choose someone else.

Jan 31 - 02:52 PM

thedarkisz

Nick Noel

This shows a lack of understanding about television. The director is not the person in charge, nor does he have much to do with the creative direction of the show. The executive producer is the one who manages the show and is normally with it throughout its run. There are some great producers out there that could handle this, J.J. Abrhams springs to mind. Also, the fact that the comic series is so long makes it unnecessary to try and "drag it out". There is enough material to make the series run for at least 5 or 6 seasons, if not more.

Jan 31 - 04:26 PM

Zontar

Kenneth Linck

Y: The Last Man is no more like I Am Legend than it is like This Quiet Earth or Day of the Comet. Lots of people on Earth, most of them women, no vampire zombies, and a man-hating lesbian cult. Clever dialogue, awesome premise.

Jan 31 - 08:14 PM

Lobster Rodeo

Lobster Rodeo

With this, "The Happening", "I Am Legend" and "The Road" in pre-production; there seems to be a very apocalyptic zeitgeist emerging in film. Even the small screen has had its share (anyone remember "Jericho"?). A reflection of current anxieties, despite no significant discernible nuclear or other catastrophic threats to the West being the root of concern...

Feb 5 - 01:41 PM

Lobster Rodeo

Lobster Rodeo

PS - other than bad credit catalyzing economic meltdown, compounded by a certain someone in office thinking its a good idea to ramp the defense budget up to the highest its been since WWII

Feb 5 - 01:44 PM

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies