Disturbing Behavior (1998)
Average Rating: 4.5/10
Reviews Counted: 34
Fresh: 11 | Rotten: 23
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 5.6/10
Critic Reviews: 7
Fresh: 3 | Rotten: 4
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 2.7/5
User Ratings: 44,837
David Nutter made his directorial debut with this fantasy thriller, attempting a switch on The Stepford Wives premise. The Clark family moves from Chicago to Cradle Bay, and Steve Clark (James Marsden) is cautioned by Gavin Strick (Nick Stahl) about the separating factions at the local high school, where the Blue Ribbons, a club of robotic perfect students, rule. Gavin claims a conspiracy is afoot, and sure enough, he turns into an ultra-perfect himself. Rachel Wagner (Katie Holmes) joins Steve
Jul 24, 1998 Wide
Aug 14, 2001
MGM Home Entertainment
Watch It Now
Cool kids go crazy -- why don't the nerds ever rise up?
Put together by some of the production team responsible for "The X Files," "Behavior" frequently captures the same weird/wacky atmosphere found in some of that series' more lighthearted episodes.
You know a film's in trouble when it's more fun writing about it than watching it.
- Dorian Newberry: (after hitting the cop over the head and knocking him out) That's a big rat!
- Rachel Wagner: (about going to Bishop Flats) Maybe this isn't a good idea.
- Steve Clark: Think of it as our first date.
- Gavin Strick: Rae, Gavin Strick here. Live and unplugged. Guess if you found this, then you know. Am I hanging with Trent and Robby, and the rest of the Robots? God, I hope not. I hit the vents tonight when I split up with Stevie Boy. He doesn't believe. I went back to school, and I overheard Caldicott talking to some wonk. Mentioned 'Bishop Flats Eleven.' Caldicott called them his children. Then he freaked out on the guy and kicked him out of his office. So, I figure something's up with that. Keep an eye on U.V. For me, though I doubt they'll want him. I doubt they're interested in the pigmentally challenged. That's not their style. I have to go get paranoid. This is Gavin Strick, reporting live from The Reconstruction.
- Gavin Strick: (now a programmed Blue Ribbon) Hello, class. Welcome.
- Gavin Strick: What happened to you? Did you eat too much flank steak?
- Rachel Wagner: It has to be steroids. All those jocks are into it. Kelly Connor saw Andy Effkin bite the head off a kitten in a fit of rage.
There are no discussion threads for Disturbing Behavior yet.
Latest News on Disturbing Behavior
June 13, 2005:Johnny Knoxville Wants to Steal a Whole "Season"
Variety reports on a rather intriguing fact-based baseball project that's now underway at Warners....