• PG-13, 1 hr. 56 min.

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood Reviews

sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

December 2, 2007
this was a waste of time. it was well acted, but it was one of the slowest moving films i have ever seen.
Jason S

January 31, 2007
Jumbled movie about people you have a hard time liking.
deano
deano

November 29, 2006
All female cast stars are fabulous and funny.
Steven V

April 21, 2007
Very good movie. The costumes were very realistic, the acting was awesome, and it truly felt like it captured friendship.
Sunil J

January 31, 2008
Maggie Smith has a southern accent. I watched it for that and that's why it gets a star.
qtmemoe
qtmemoe

July 24, 2007
I personally think that Ashley judd sucks & giving her such a role just ruined it...
April 21, 2013
It wasn't as bad as it could have been for a movie my girlfriend forced me to watch at 11:00 a.m. on a Sunday morning.
July 10, 2008
This is not really a true chick flick, but that does not mean it is a winner. It is different because is more of a mother-daughter film and it is darker and more dysfunctional than a typical romantic chick flick. The movie is a forced reconciliation between a mother and a daughter, which could have worked, but the route they take to get there, the sisterhood club element, and some of the unpleasant flashbacks did not work so well. The cast is strong and I thought it was the strongest aspect of the movie. Sandra Bullock and Ashley Judd and all of the older ladies worked quite well. I just wish more time went to telling their story and developing their character than the present day scenes. I will admit that it is not all bad; there are a few laughs to be had and a few moments to make you go, aw.
jam233
January 15, 2010
I'll watch most anything with Ellen Burstyn and she doesn't disappoint in this film, she is terrific. Although it is not a great film, it does have enough good acting and a few memorable moments to give it a look. It's an appealing story with richly developed characters.
May 21, 2009
not sure why everyone has a problem with this movie, ashley judd does an insanely good job & i love sandra bullock. it's a really good movie.
flikfreak77
February 23, 2009
I'm not a big fan of chick flicks but I loved this one...with Sandra Bullock and Ashley Judd you cant go wrong.
February 11, 2007
10-26-08 --A story about a Mother and her daughter and how held secrets can screw everyone's life up. Southerners huh. Can't figure them out. Sandra Bullock and cast did really great job. I'd be lying if I said that it didn't tear me up once.
mshtivelman
July 4, 2007
the frist time I saw this movie i really didn't really like it but after watching this moviea few time i really like it. i do have to say the mix of drema and comdy was very off i wish that would of been done better not to mantion that ithat there are still prat i do not understand.
asun23
August 7, 2008
This is yet another tear jerker. But once again the acting is magnificent and the storyline is pretty good.
zensmurf2
July 12, 2008
I love the feud and the car chase

Oh, the feud and the car chase!!! Best scenes
shadowgrave78
June 1, 2008
I really liked the movie - in and of itself. But in comparison with the book, the movie was horrible! It didn't go along with anything! The character personalities were askew, events were made up and/or changed and even the ending was a farce! Make a choice people...either read the book or watch the movie...DON'T DO BOTH!!!
May 24, 2008
It was really interesting, yet scary, to watch some of the flashbacks during the film. Issues definitely run deep.
Amerah00
June 9, 2007
Wonderful! I just love Ashelly Judd in this. I love the colorful characterization and the story is just amazing.
March 24, 2008
love this movie....I laughed, awwwww, cried, just about spit my drink out at moments. Ashley Judd is awesome in this movie
insanenutball
February 11, 2008
such an under apperciated gem of a movie..its one of my favorites....Maggie Smith is a real hoot trying to pull of a southern accent!