Divorcing Jack - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Divorcing Jack Reviews

thmtsang
½ February 1, 2010
Funny black comedy about a journalist Dan Starkey who has a fling with a girl who is then murdered. He is being hunted by everyone for the murder as she was the daughter of a policitan. He sets out to find her murderer to clear his name. Set against the backdrop of the political scene in Northern Ireland, it is satirical, irreverent (with a nun-o-gram striper) and ultimately about love (Dan's wife is accused of murder and then kidnapped).
June 8, 2007
So excellent. David Thewlis is brilliant, of course, and it's just such an entertaining story with great little lines... I can't gush about this enough. "These are slightly flared!"
February 9, 2014
Sweet and funny, full of twists (and a few plot holes). It's a good comment on the Northern Ireland situation and well worth watching!
August 18, 2013
From the great Colin Bateman novel
May 6, 2007
Uneven, but had its moments. Great cast helped it.
½ February 2, 2009
Very funny black comedy.
I like it :)
thmtsang
½ February 1, 2010
September 28, 2009
Pretty dreary but definitely funny. Thewlis was super likable.
August 24, 2009
marriage, political, religious, criminal -conflict comedy movie. It starts out all about infedelity and the title Divorcing Jack makes you think this is going to be a slap stick comedy about their break up, but you'd be very wrong. Out of no where things turn dark and it becomes a long chain of unfortunate events for the main character. The parts with the nun were my favorite.
½ March 8, 2009
I think this would have been even better had it been a Guy Ritchie film. That being said the film still feels like a Guy Ritchie film. The film has laughs, action, and an interesting story.
December 10, 2008
David Thewlis is brilliant!
September 14, 2008
A terrific David Thewlis takes this film above the merely enjoyable. A fast-paced, funny, dark and profane dark political comedy set in Ireland in the late 90's, this is edgy entertainment at its best. Along with Thewlis, the talented cast is rounded out by a gorgeous Rachel Griffiths (TV's 'Six Feet Under') and a typically villainous Jason Isaacs. Sharp, pacy filmmaking and great fun.
July 22, 2008
Hahahaha! David Thewlis was wonderful! This film was such a wonderful dark comedy, and it had legitimate surprises throughout. I really enjoyed this flick, and I spent most of the film laughing my arse off. ALTHOUGH - we DEF didn't need to see Thewlis' white ass... really, I could have gone my whole life without that.
½ July 7, 2008
a funny movie with lots of familiar faces
May 29, 2008
very witty little film that not many people know about, which makes it better
½ May 8, 2008
Lite å gjera på mandags kvelden så då blei da denna:P
April 17, 2008
One of Thewlis' best films!! Very funny, very fast and Thewlis is on top form joined by a terrific Jason Isaac and an underused Robert Lindsey. And if you like the film, read the book!!!!
April 10, 2008
No sir, I don't like it.
March 24, 2008
Never luaghed so hard in my life
March 18, 2008
one of david thewlis' best performances. not to mention a great irish accent. and the ending was just perfect!