Who else thinks Leo DiCaprio has it in the bag?

Who else thinks Leonardo DiCaprio will finally win his first Oscar this year, best supporting actor?
Andrew 2.
12-17-2012 07:47 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Andrew Movie-man

Andrew Movie-man

You idiot.

Aug 19 - 10:20 AM

Jeremy F.

Jeremy Foster

I said from the first Django trailer that Leonardo DiCaprio was going to win the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor. While Tommy Lee Jones will get nominated,he's not going to win. Besides,Leonardo DiCaprio is due for an Oscar.

Dec 30 - 12:31 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

True, I think DiCaprio was absolutely snubbed for The Aviator. I don't know if he'll win for this, in fact I probably wouldn't give it to him myself, but I'd love to see him get a nomination and I won't be mad if he does end up winning for Django (because the Academy owes him).

Jan 2 - 10:58 AM

Blake Barit

Blake Barit

Ralph Fiennes as Amon Goeth was better than both of them in 1994 IMO.

Dec 26 - 01:08 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I can't say I agree or disagree because I haven't seen What's Eating Gilbert Grape. But out of Tommy Lee Jones or Ralph Fiennes, I probably would've given it to Ralph Fiennes.

Jan 2 - 10:56 AM

kinghongkong

Lacuna Matata

Wouldn't it be great if he did to Jones what Jones did to him? Jones deserves to win but Leo pulls it out because the voters feel they owe him one for all of his previous work.

Dec 20 - 01:46 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I honestly disagree. I think DiCaprio gave the better performance by far, I think Jones was fine but he played himself. He really didn't do much with his character in my opinion.

Dec 26 - 10:55 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

He'll probably split the votes with Waltz and Jones will win for Lincoln.

Dec 19 - 07:53 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I'd consider Waltz a lead character (along with Foxx) even though he's being campaigned for supporting. But I really hope Jones doesn't win, I really think it the performance was very one-note and the character itself was bland. I don't think Jones really did much with the character, but he was alright nonetheless.

Dec 26 - 11:07 AM

Tom S.

Tom Smith

GO LEO. Can't wait to see him in a Tarantino and cowboy film. My favorite actor.

Dec 19 - 12:26 AM

Bram S.

Bram Sterling

He might get nominated, but I doubt that he'll win.

Dec 18 - 11:11 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

After seeing it, I agree. I think he'll get a nomination but he won't win.

Dec 26 - 10:54 AM

Gary Devenport

Gary Devenport

Tommy Lee Jones has been dominating a lot of critics awards. There's definitely a chance at a nomination, but I don't think it's a sure thing when it comes to a win.

How messed up would it be if Leo lost to Jones AGAIN?

Dec 17 - 10:18 PM

Sixghun Garrilla

Sixghun Garrilla

Jones plays the exact same character in every movie he's in. DiCaprio morphs; he almost looks like a different person. The only other two as good as him are Christian Bale and Daniel Day Lewis.

Dec 25 - 03:35 PM

clem

kathy newland

Agree, Six G.

Dec 30 - 09:37 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

Thank you Sixghun haha. Tommy Lee Jones was okay in Lincoln but it was a bland character to begin with, and I don't really think he did much with the character. DiCaprio is a fantastic actor and as you said, just completely becomes the characters that he plays.

Jan 2 - 11:00 AM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I hope Tommy Lee Jones doesn't win, I think he gave an insanely overrated performance. He was fine, but his character was very one-note in my opinion.

Dec 26 - 10:53 AM

Samuel Wolfe

Samuel Wolfe

If the Golden Globes are a sign of things to come, Leo will likely be running against Christoph Waltz, Tommy Lee Jones, and Philip S. Hoffman. His biggest threat being Waltz and Hoffman in my opinion.

I sure hope so. But, something tells me he won't win.. I really hope i'm wrong.

Dec 17 - 07:55 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I hope you're wrong too haha, but I agree. I don't see DiCaprio winning but wouldn't at all be mad if he ends up doing so.

Jan 2 - 11:01 AM

Find us on:                 
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile