DeCaprio vs. Waltz

Who do you think will give the better performance in this film? Both are great actors *in my opinion* and I have read the script and both characters are written great.
Joshua Wilburn
12-20-2012 05:16 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Zack Mitchner

Zack Mitchner

DJANGO!!!!!

Jan 3 - 07:01 AM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

Christoph Waltz was my favorite character.

Jan 2 - 09:29 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

dear lord i just saw this movie and its a three way tie. i know thats not the argument, but its true. waltz, DiCaprio, and jackson literally ooze talent in these outstanding roles made by an outstanding director

Jan 1 - 12:54 AM

Kunal Moorjani

Kunal Moorjani

Definitely preferred Waltz even though DiCaprio is very good in it. It's easy to say DiCaprio is better because he hasn't played a role like this before. Yes, he gets to yell and shout and being badass in general, but Waltz's character is better written and there's more depth in it. Personally, I'm surprised no one mentioned Samuel L. Jackson! He was particularly effective!

Dec 31 - 11:00 PM

Gabrielle M.

Gabrielle McQueen

Waltz no question. It's easier to act like the jerk that nobody wants to mess with. Genuine empathy is what's really hard. Waltz was able to convince me in both his mannerisms and his language that he genuinely gave a damn, and that he was a sophisticated bad-ass that you didn't want to mess with. Waltz all the way.

Dec 31 - 10:03 PM

Jessica Gaylord

Jessica Gaylord

tough call! They were both great! I do love Waltz's mannerisms though; I could watch him talk all day and not get bored. His style of acting is uniquely him, and yet this character was far different from the nazi him in Inglorious Bastards. Leo, on the other hand, scared the shit out of me! It's like being asked on Christmas which was better - the stuffing or mashed potatoes? I simply do not know! They're both delectable and go great with everything!

Dec 29 - 12:59 PM

Jessica Gaylord

Jessica Gaylord

tough call! They were both great! I do love Waltz's mannerisms though; I could watch him talk all day and not get bored. His style of acting is uniquely him, and yet this character was far different from the nazi him in Inglorious Bastards. Leo, on the other hand, scared the shit out of me! It's like being asked on Christmas which was better - the stuffing or mashed potatoes? I simple do not know! They're both delectable and go great with everything!

Dec 29 - 12:58 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

though i havent seen it, i really think its decaprio who takes home the gold for this argument. leo is a actor who can disappear in his roles, kinda like :gary oldman,johnny depp, or sam jackson

Dec 27 - 09:03 PM

Joshua Wilburn

Joshua Wilburn

He's been snubbed so many times before, I hope he'll at lease gets nominated.

Dec 31 - 05:23 PM

Kunal Moorjani

Kunal Moorjani

well, you should go see it first before you judge a performance!

Dec 31 - 10:57 PM

John McKeon

John McKeon

FrancoNero

Dec 26 - 06:56 PM

Yanira Dtr

Yanira Dtr

Waltz by far... and i love DiCaprio's performance, but Waltz did an amazing job.

Dec 25 - 09:27 PM

steve p.

steve parkson

Tied. They both held their own. But Waltz character was AMAZINGLY SCRIPTED! He is the equivalent of the "COOL" old bearded white guy.

Dec 25 - 07:19 PM

Jordan Wilson

Jordan Wilson

Waltz is superb in this, DiCaprio is very good!

Dec 25 - 06:46 PM

Sixghun Garrilla

Sixghun Garrilla

DiCaprio is the best no matter what movie he is in.

Dec 25 - 03:31 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I just saw it and can say I liked DiCaprio more. Probably my favorite villain of the year!

Dec 25 - 11:33 AM

Aaron Salazar

Aaron Salazar

Sam Jackson.

Dec 25 - 11:25 AM

todd123

Todd Garry

Yes!

Dec 29 - 02:40 PM

Kaiser Yusuf

Kaiser Yusuf

Leonardo Dicaprio, he's great in nearly every single one of his films.

Dec 25 - 07:28 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

DiCaprio, Waltz isn't even in the same league outside of his performance in Inglourious. I've never seen DiCaprio stoop to starring with anyone from Twilight and never seen him deliver as bad a performance as Waltz in The Green Hornet. Definately DiCaprio.

Dec 25 - 01:57 AM

Jessica Gaylord

Jessica Gaylord

i haven't seen Twilight, or The Green Hornet, but i have seen Titanic...

Dec 29 - 01:01 PM

Joshua Wilburn

Joshua Wilburn

I guess it's pretty much tied.

Dec 25 - 12:41 AM

Jenna L.

Jenna L

I think DiCaprio will give the better performance, but Waltz will get most of the glory. Only because DiCaprio always seems to get over-looked.

Dec 21 - 08:39 PM

Zorzal del Vaga

Zorzal del Vaga

Waltz rules!!

Dec 21 - 12:07 PM

James BradShaw

James BradShaw

i think not

Dec 21 - 08:00 AM

Vinayaka Bhat

Vinayaka Bhat

Leo ...

Dec 21 - 07:57 AM

Michael Conder

Michael Conder

My vote goes to Leo. He just looks so good in the trailers.

Dec 20 - 09:52 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

I think Waltz.

Dec 20 - 07:02 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile