Racism against whites.

From what I've read it seems that many people are insulted by the very idea of this movie even existing. These people seem to think that this insulting film is "disrespecting" and "stereotyping" whites, as well as American history and that Django Unchained is likely to cause racial tensions. If you are one of those people: you are an idiot (and possibly a racist). First of all, the idea that you want to protect the "honor" of our slave-owning ancestors is laughable. At their best these people were ignorant and at worst they were sadistic. this is a fact. Sure, they'll probably be depicted as purely cartoon characters in the movie, and I'm sure if it was a white guy killing these evil characters you'd be okay with it. But since it's a "blackie" doing the killing in this context, well, that just makes you uncomfortable. And because of the fact that this Django character is killing off white people in a similarly brutal fashion that the Bride killed her attackers and the Basterds killed the Nazis (both of which you sensitive morons didn't complain about).... it's racism.

No. It's not. You refuse to look at the historical context because it makes you squirmy and I can garuntee that if the roles were switched and that this movie was movie was about a white guy killing off ruthless black warlords in Africa... none of you hypocrites would even bat an eye. I don't see this subject being treated in a very delicate or even remotely subtle manner, after all it is an exploitation movie made by Tarantino, and I'm personally fine with that. But to you fools, since us white people are the ones being exploited (for once) than we should be outraged. Because as we all know... white people have obviously had a very rich history of being oppressed and to even mention us in a negative light IN ANY WAY is just downright vulgar. Get over yourself, people. Stop living in whatever anti-Reformist type of fantasy you're in and just take this light jab at our history. After all, everyone knows that we can dish out our own jabs well enough.
Nicholas Mcgettrick
12-22-2012 09:15 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Helen Eschenbacher

Helen Eschenbacher

I think that the best summary of this movie was:

The movie "Lincoln" showed how white people wanted to pass a constitutional amendment to end slavery.

"Django Unchained" wanted to burn the plantations down.

Amen.

Sep 26 - 12:32 PM

Kaisher Moi

Kaisher Moi

[insert Emperor Augustus' comment here]

Jun 21 - 10:38 PM

Fergus MacIvor

Fergus MacIvor

While it is true that this movie has offended numerous white people, it has also offended several people on the other side of the political spectrum: I believe Spike Lee has denounced this film as disrespectful towards the memory of his slave-ancestors because of its Spaghetti Western-like tone. The Nation of Islam has, I believe, uttered similar complaints.
My conclusion is that this is more a matter of sensibility to the race question than it is a matter of race itself. I believe that anyone (of any race) who can take a joke and some gore can enjoy this movie splendidly. I'm white and I know I have.

And besides, this movie isn't just about 'heroic black characters killing off villainous white characters': it's far more complicated than that. Django couldn't have done anything without the aid and lessons he received from Dr. Schultz and it is he who, disgusted with slavery and its cruelty, shoots Calvin Candie in the end. In fact, remember that scene where Candie's runaway slave gets mauled by his dogs? Dr. Schultz tries to act the part of a hero in that scene, not Django (who is pretty stone-cold and unsympathetic in that scene), and it is he who is most affected by what happens.
I could also argue that Samuel L. Jackson's character is the main villain of the movie, rather than Calvin Candie. Candie is harmless towards our main protagonists, until Stephen informs him of Schultz & Django's real intentions, and after Candie's death it is Stephen who is still trying to thwart Django.

Mar 17 - 12:09 PM

Helen Eschenbacher

Helen Eschenbacher

Oh boy! The NOI (Nation of Islam) was upset in the depiction of African-American slavery? Don't get your bow ties in a twist!

Sep 26 - 12:35 PM

John Serrano

John Serrano

Matthew Preston is a sad, sad human being.

Mar 6 - 02:58 PM

Elliott Lacey

Elliott Lacey

For me, I found this film to be a very large eye opener. I was already aware of the slave trade, but I had no idea that it was this brutal. I remember reading somewhere that not even Tarantino could fully portray the horror of slavery.

I didn't see it as an 'attack' on white people, nor did I see it as an attempt to make me feel guilty.

Feb 28 - 09:58 AM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

Oh yeah, if you do your research, you will quickly find that this movie, or any other, especially, doesn't come anywhere near how atrocious slavery was.
I agree, I don't see it as an attack on 'white people' in general; of course, it's attacking a large specific group of disgusting people who happen to be white, and their victims of course are bitter and are completely justified in wanting to give them a taste of their own medicine, but I agree, this movie isn't racist towards whites, and as others have mentioned, there are very complex dynamics of racial relations going on here, and when all is said and done, the two races had to unify with each other in harmony in order to overcome the evil oppression at the time, that happened to come from some discpicable white people in power.

Apr 19 - 08:07 PM

Matthew Boyd

Matthew Boyd

Killing White people and getting paid for it) this is a line said by django, maybe django when saying this did not mean all white folk but like it or not django does not distinguish any white groups he just says white folks, maybe it was just a script error but it like it or not is a racist remark and having it in a script for a big film will create racist tension. its like if in inglorious bastards they said im going to kill every german because i hate germans instead of ... im going to kill every nazi because i hate nazis

Oct 21 - 08:39 AM

Helen Eschenbacher

Helen Eschenbacher

Elliot says: "I was already aware of the slave trade, but I had no idea that it was this brutal..."

Are you really this stupid? These Africans didn't come here on the Mayflower seeking religious freedom! They were brutally kidnapped, torn away from their homes, chained together in the horrific holds of slave sailing ships. 20% of them died on the way to America. And these corpses were not removed. Think about that! You're chained to a corpse for 6 weeks in transit...no toilets, maggot food (if anything), no fresh air. Then sold to some ignorant SOB who only wanted the strongest "bucks" for work in the fields pickin' cotton. The women chosen for their beauty so the massa's could screw them anytime they wanted.
Try to run away? They cut your foot off...just one so you could still work.

Oh hell. Educate yourself, idiot!

Sep 26 - 12:43 PM

Jay P.

Jay Pea

it does have a black superman succeeding against dumb whitey....but thats why the critics love it...its fashionable to be anti white....having said that..this movie is only so so. not a great movie....a cartoon with lousy special effects...I never saw so much fake blood and such a predictable plot.

Feb 3 - 06:24 AM

Brian Harris

Brian Harris

So let me get this straight, you want to see real blood? Should I inform the FBI that you want to watch snuff films?

Mar 17 - 03:54 AM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

Jay, I respectfully disagree with your opinion that the critics loved it because 'it's fashionable to be anti-white'. I mean, I can't deny that I've seen this attitude in some people, probably mostly whites, I seems to me your opinion is an oversimplification based on a string of huge assumptions or misconceptions. Granted, I don't know your personal experience with this, or where your opinion comes from, but as far as what you said there, I respectfully disagree ^_^ Peace..

Apr 19 - 08:11 PM

Helen Eschenbacher

Helen Eschenbacher

Jay Pea..really? Put up a picture so we can add you to the "most ridiculous imbeciles" list.

A cartoon with fake blood. You know what? When you turn 18 join the Marines...or US Army and you can go see ALL the real blood you want in the MIddle East and it wont be no f****** cartoon with fake blood.

Sep 26 - 12:47 PM

Charles Phillips

Charles Phillips

It's a movie Nick. Relax.

Jan 29 - 05:08 AM

Fena P.

Fena Pjove

go to rottentomatoeshdstream.lqhw.com and see why everybody is happy about racism

Jan 22 - 09:18 AM

Oliver Stychno

Oliver Stychno

I'm glad there's come a moment for me to look at "racism against whites"
and say I truly don't give one shit. I am not racist but I feel blacks are racist a lot of the time. If you switched the rolls and had a white guy killing blacks I'm sure the blacks would make a huge deal of it. Sure some white people are going to be pissed, but honestly, who gives a shit?

Jan 21 - 07:53 PM

Kathleen Crawford

Kathleen Crawford

i hate paying good money for a piece of shit movie...so I give a shit. And Tarantino couldn't even get the history right...the Civil War didn't start until 1861.

Feb 3 - 02:25 PM

Jullian S.

Jullian Snipes

some say it began in 1860 some say 1861 doesn't really matter.

Feb 4 - 04:13 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

dumb fuck !!! it clearly states its before the civil war, lolololo what a moron

Mar 5 - 03:24 PM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

lol I was about to say that

Mar 6 - 06:12 AM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Wow, you are an idiot, Kathleen. The movie says in the opening credits that this happened 2 years before the Civil War.

Mar 6 - 01:15 PM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

Chill, people ^_^ I personally don't understand how anyone, ever, in their right minds, could possibly be expecting this movie to be historically accurate to the last minute detail(even movies they think are are usually chock-full of anachronisms anyway), and I don't see the relevance in a movie like this(a stylish,cartoonish,action adventure spaghetti western thriller)being historically accurate, and it baffles me how people complaining about it's anachronisms are so painfully obviously missing the point completely, but, going to the movies does take time and money, so if you really had an unpleasant experience with it Kathleen,I feel your pain, but if you didn't like it, you didn't like it, that's your opinion, and that's what's great about this world, we are all so different, and everyone's opinion should be equally valued and respected. Peace ^_^

Apr 19 - 08:20 PM

Helen Eschenbacher

Helen Eschenbacher

Dear Oliver who says:
"...had a white guy killing blacks I'm sure the blacks would make a huge deal of it..."

Yeah well does the name Emmitt Till ring a bell? A 14 year old black kid who "looked" at a white woman and had his eye gouged out, beaten and dragged by a car. Medgar Evers? Or the 4 little black girls who were bombed in a church in Birmingham. Or the Freedom Riders who were buried alive in Mississippi or the 780 black men who were killed by lynching by the KKK. Or the thousands who died in slave ship holds on their way to America in the 1600 and 1700s? Those black people killed by whites?

Yeah they got really pissed about it...and white people are therefore terrified of anyone black. That's why so many ignorant rednecks say "Obamas gonna take our GUNZ!!" Idiots all.

Sep 26 - 12:54 PM

Matthew Boyd

Matthew Boyd

considering whites are dominant in politics and in every other influential background whites shouldn't really feel terrified, i am sick to death of wankers who keep on bringing up the past going on about how whites did this blacks did that, why cant we move on and live in harmony and not be dicks, ( a eye for a eye makes the world blind) gandi

Oct 21 - 08:46 AM

Your Friend Goo

Your Friend Goo

I agree with you! I think Tarantino can handle any subject he chooses and probably didn't bat an eye, electing to make a film tackling slavery and racial tensions. Yes, the violence was a little indulgent, but that's what Tarantino does and he keeps making masterpiece after masterpiece.

Jan 12 - 05:40 PM

JC Martel

JC Martel

Oh yes, I'm back baby !

Jan 12 - 03:58 PM

Richard Leche

Richard Leche

Tarantino's brilliant treatment of this film and the horrors of slavery is simply mind boggling. Racism unfortunately still exists and this film dealt extraordinarily with the issue.

Jan 11 - 10:38 PM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

Amen.

Apr 19 - 08:22 PM

Luvagoo

Tallulah Robinson

I thought it was a brilliant way to deal with the atrocious subject matter. Accessible, but leaving no one in any doubt of the gravity of what they just witnessed.

Jan 10 - 08:16 PM

Changez Ali

Changez Ali

Well said.

Oct 5 - 05:44 PM

Chelsea Weiss

Chelsea Weiss

and A WHITE GERMAN WAS ONE OF THE HEROES, it's obvious that Schultz was a staunch abolitionist.

Jan 5 - 12:06 PM

Nicholas Dobson

Nicholas Dobson

it was an intelligent pivot to make Waltz's character German, traveling in a foreign land. it helped drive in the point that this was a movie about an ugly time in American history, not a generic commentary on race.

Jan 10 - 02:00 AM

Chelsea Weiss

Chelsea Weiss

Its a sad fact that people do not want to admit that this is the way it was in the south during that time. Racism has been deep rooted in america and it's an unfortunate truth. i just find it ridiculous that people claim that it's racist against whites, it's not rascism it's history!

Jan 5 - 12:05 PM

M O.

M O

Racism is deep rooted in most every country, not just the "good ol USA"

Jan 11 - 12:16 PM

Anna K.

Anna K

Exactly. Every race, ethnicity, nation, culture, etc. has at some point in history experienced racism, discrimination, prejudice, whatever. But we tend to only focus on slavery and the Holocaust. Open up a history book.

Jan 12 - 01:44 PM

Michael Nichols

Michael Nichols

^dafuck?

Feb 2 - 12:45 PM

Brian Harris

Brian Harris

So pray tell, what sort of racism did Scandinavia experience against them?

Mar 17 - 03:57 AM

Frances Woodard

Frances Woodard

Exactly, I am fifty five years old and I have seen discrimination and prejudice enacted by every race, ethnicity, class, sex, etc. When a race or ethnicity is the majority or has the power somehow they all do atrocities. I worked at an all black factory when I was young even the owners were black and I was treated brutally by all but three people. No one has the bead on prejudice it is a universal problem. But it has become politically correct for even white people to say only whites are prejudiced. Get real

Apr 19 - 06:56 PM

Charles Powell

Charles Powell

Exactly

Jan 5 - 05:12 AM

Stephen Wilburn

Stephen Wilburn

Whenever I watch a movie - I always try to immerse myself in the story and like a great sporting event, I naturally cheer for the underdog. No work of fiction is ever historically accurate. So what. A good story transcends actual history. We place ourselves in the shoes of the protagonist and enjoy. We all know what it feels like to be hurt, abused, cheated, confused - that's what makes a great story. And I thought this movie had a great story. (I also can appreciate the irony of the Germans being the "enlightened" in this movie - even though the Holocaust would happen within two generations.

Jan 4 - 11:54 PM

Louis Guégan

Louis Guégan

Not all germans were nazis; as a matter of fact, some of the finest were german - and on top of that, jewish...Just thought this needed to be said.

Jan 21 - 12:42 PM

Tracy Williams

Tracy Williams

well i think the movie shows a close to the truth of how brutal slavery was.and it seems to me that some people don't want to face that.No one should be held responsible but it is a fact it Happen. we have seen so many movies about the guy in love saves the day, why not a black man in love that saves the day. just one? it is a black man, so a black man can't be the Hero? Get over your self people!!!! Bravo i hope more to come!!! Because people are all the same, some good, some bad,some weak, and some were Heros!! even the Black man,

Jan 4 - 06:23 PM

CP-Four Satonaka

CP-Four Satonaka

"Most racism toward blacks in modern America comes by way of Mexicans." - Huh? source please? otherwise your entire comment is officially rendered null.

Jan 4 - 02:33 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

Aww, did I upset you? Are you crying now? :P I can't be bothered sourcing anything for you, since you're not important to me, but here's a question: Do you know *anything* about race relations in California?

Jan 5 - 05:49 AM

Andi Malisheski

Andi Malisheski

I dunno, I think the contrast between Schultz and Candie clears the matter up. It's not about killing white people. Schultz is white, too. Django says he's used to "Americans." It's a (pretty righteous) attack on Americans and how capitalism had made the American elite (whites) into villains. I see capitalism interacting with racism more than the latter in its pure form in this film.

Jan 3 - 03:50 PM

Anthony Stokes

Anthony Stokes

Exactly, I even thought they gave Candie a little bit of development to where even he wasn't totally a cartoonish rascist. It would've helped if there was one more good white person, to really add some balance for other people but for me I saw it. But as far as capitalism yeah that's a reach lol that's not in the movie at all

Jan 4 - 05:34 AM

Adam Nowlin

Adam Nowlin

Slavery is capitalism in it's most extreme and idealistic form. It is as much a part of this movie as Django is.

Jan 10 - 09:36 AM

Anthony Stokes

Anthony Stokes

Tarantino's message had nothing to do with capitalism , plus slavery is bad for capitalism you make more money employing workers then hiring slaves

Jan 11 - 09:49 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

Matthew Preston is a prick, who's black ass doesnt belong here and thats that.

Jan 21 - 09:58 AM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

LOL, and how are you going to get rid of me? You're zero threat to me. Just a retarded teenager.

Jan 21 - 12:35 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

and you are ignorant black person

Jan 21 - 01:20 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

Ignorant of what? The meaning of life? David Hasselhoff's favourite brand of toothpaste? Do you actually know what the word means, or do you just throw it around whimsically, like most Americans seem to?

Jan 21 - 02:06 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

about yourself, and if thats not enough,you are conceited and i made a page about you and you will never find it hahaha peace bitch

Jan 21 - 02:48 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

Good. People will flock to the page to learn about me and read my exceptional quotes.

Also, being ignorant about myself, as you mean it, and my being conceited are the same thing, so you shouldn't have presented them as two separate criticisms of me.

Jan 21 - 03:30 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

well its the truth, so keep being rude and maybe, just maybe some prostitute will lay you

Jan 21 - 03:35 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

If there's one thing you can count on, it's that I'll never stop being rude. Not for a minute. That's the one absolute surety, the absolute constant in a universe flux.

Jan 21 - 04:01 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

ohhh, well so long bright boy ;]

Jan 21 - 04:17 PM

Dwayne Golstein

Dwayne Golstein

I think the message of this movie was their were far more people in the South who supported slavery than were against it...this is especially highlighted when Candie makes the joke about walking in Boston.

Feb 10 - 01:39 AM

Jeffrey Roberts

Jeffrey Roberts

So we skip the reality of the TRUE Racist and turned to slam Bashing a Movie forgetting that we all have to live and commute and work with each other. How does race and discrimination play a part in your everyday life? Stop living a Lie because a lie is not a lie until they lie on you. thatâ??s when the truth is finally understood when someone treats you in a discriminatory and unfair unmerciful manner your eyes of your understanding is open and you feel the storm of disgrace and the horror of stereotyping that you could not camphene until it happens to YOU.

Jan 2 - 06:25 PM

Chris P.

Chris Paul

Stupid and insulting movie. As a black person, I don't see how slavery--or Jim Crow references-- can ever be entertaining. I wish I never saw it.

Jan 2 - 01:15 PM

Gil Cummings

Gil Cummings

Bravo!!

Jan 2 - 04:15 PM

Rex Nichols

Rex Nichols

as a black person, i wish i was asian.

Jan 2 - 07:30 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

well you are interpreting the movie wrong...sad

Jan 3 - 11:41 AM

James Murphy II

James Murphy II

Its funny, I wonder if you're really black. Considering you have no picture and just named yourself after a basketball player.

Jan 21 - 04:24 AM

Roa'a Hamed

Roa'a Hamed

All I want to say is watching the white guys push around the slaves, swear at them, whip them and set dogs on them, all I wanted to do was vomit. Doesn't matter what race it is, violence and hurting people is uncalled for. People that torture others are disgusting.

Jan 2 - 10:41 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

well it happened, so deal with it

Jan 2 - 11:27 AM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

Were blacks treated differently during the Muslim slave trade of Africans?

Jan 2 - 04:17 PM

Krystin Martinez

Krystin Martinez

Don't quote me on this but i would have to say yes and no. The system of slavery in Africa was different in that the reasons and tradition of slavery varied. Some were indentured servants others were enslaved due to debts or born slaves. Some even sold themselves into slavery for a better life because in some of the slave cultures there a master was judged on how well their slaves were treated. Getting back to the question i would say that slavery by europeans was the most brutal in history but absolute power corrupts absolutely. There is no doubt in my mind that for every 'good' master there were dozens to hundreds more that exerted varying degrees of cruelty and abuse.

Jan 2 - 08:23 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

Oh, but I *will* quote you on it, since it's the worst case of fudging history to comply with political narrative that I've seen. Arab slavery (of blacks) was one of the first cases to formally racialise slavery explicitly. Subjugated nations had always been coopted for labour, but seldom was a single race singled out as uniquely fit for slavery by virtue of their supposed animal-like nature. Arabs paved the way for centuries of African slavery. Why are you (inaccurately) defending them with silly revisionism?

Jan 5 - 05:56 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

actually, the jews have been trading black slaves since 400s, before islam. So the revisionist here is you, asshole

Jan 18 - 06:19 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

'Sup, fuckjuice. Feel free to point out where I said Jews didn't own black slaves.

Jan 19 - 06:05 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

well you didnt mention it either you dick sucker

Jan 19 - 07:37 AM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

@ hollis -- Judging by your posts, you're either a retard or a pre-teen (and likely both).

I also didn't mention that H is the eighth letter of the alphabet. Does this mean I'm saying that H isn't the eighth letter of the alphabet? Moron.

Jan 19 - 08:54 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

ahhh, well maybe if Lee would have said his question in a nicer way it would have been understandable. because he didnt you decided to attack him, because you attacked him in a shitty way, i decided to attack you in a shitty way. this is all very stupid, but when i read your posts you try to reach out to people with 3 page essay's when nobody quite gives a shit about your ass, so keep being a dick sucker. peace bitch tits.

Jan 19 - 02:19 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

Hollis, you obviously have a very low IQ, and it's more than likely you're a small child, so I won't abuse you. All I ask is that you understand and acknowledge the meager position you occupy on the grand scale of human intellects and step down from challenges and engagements you simply can't win.

As for 'Augustus', I'm looking forward to the little cockgoblin's response. Let's hope he doesn't bitch out, otherwise I'll just have to read your replies all day *shudders*

Jan 19 - 04:38 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Actually they did, they played the role in financing for the ships

Jan 19 - 04:43 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

How is that a response to anything I typed, you swashbuckling anus?

Jan 20 - 06:20 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

It shows jews had a role in there. Did the muslims play a role? yes, but you are forgetting that White Christians, Muslims, Jews and Africans were all responsible in the slave trade

Jan 20 - 09:41 AM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

You didn't answer my question. Nowhere did I say the Jews didn't participate in slavery, so your response made no sense. Islamic slavery of blacks predates European slavery of blacks. Jews aren't European in origin, so what they did is essentially irrelevant to my point. If you have a source that suggests that Jewish involvement in African slavery was so overwhelming that I should have used them over Muslims as my example of non-European slavery of Africans, then by all means link me to it.

Jan 20 - 10:31 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

haha, you are such a fag. do you think intelligence matters on this page of dipshits. i really dont think that being the smartest person on RT is a good thing. DICK SUCKER !

Jan 20 - 02:24 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

I'm glad you don't think it matters. Always keep your goals realistic.

Jan 20 - 02:37 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

to say it does matter, here, you clearly have problems

Jan 20 - 02:47 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

You didn't even understand my witticism.

Anyway, I never said it mattered. Whether or not it matters, I'm still the smartest person on this site (and on the internet). It's simply a fact. I never said it mattered to me. The only time it matters to me is when people don't defer to my higher intellect and instead waste my time fruitlessly attempting to compete with me before inevitably realising the futility of such an endeavour and quitting.

Jan 20 - 03:27 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

oh, you conceited bitch, nobody cares about your black ass ;]

Jan 20 - 05:17 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

You do.

Jan 20 - 05:30 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

never did i say that suck a dick peace out

Jan 20 - 06:59 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

You keep starting conversations with me and incessantly refusing to go away. I find you to be uninteresting and unintelligent. Never would I initiate a conversation with you. You obviously want to talk to me, though.

Jan 21 - 04:05 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

fine the, I apologize. I thought you were trying to use racial guilt to ashamed someone.

Jan 21 - 08:09 PM

Simon Ze'ev

Simon Ze'ev

cut the crap, jews where never involved in such a trade, and for a good reason, they were themselves second class citizens at these times, regularly victims of pogroms and persecutions all over europe, so stop spreading lies and always blaming the jews for something, give us a break, assholes.

Jan 28 - 03:08 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

It is accept fact Jews were involved

Feb 10 - 07:05 PM

Simon Ze'ev

Simon Ze'ev

And btw, good posts here matthew..

Jan 28 - 03:11 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

u a fag

Feb 5 - 03:54 PM

Elia K. Rathore

Elia K. Rathore

QT is as racist as Mark Twain.

Dec 30 - 07:41 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

ehhh...not quite...yeah not at all im sorry, far from twain

Jan 1 - 12:46 AM

John Gorton

John Gorton

downloading as we speak!!! thats right im stealing it,but thats another story huh?

Dec 30 - 03:58 PM

Todd Groves

Todd Groves

Thanks, John. I'm a visual effects artist. And it's thieves like you that cost jobs for people like me. As costs for making films grow, and downloading piracy grows, work is taken to cheaper places - like India. Good job, bro'. I'm sure you'd appreciate anything I could do to take work away from you.

Dec 30 - 04:20 PM

Tyler M.

Tyler Maltos

Wow, that guilt-trip will surely curb piracy, and the issue definitely isn't any deeper than someone stealing your money and you being fucked by it, right?

Dec 30 - 06:19 PM

Tyler M.

Tyler Maltos

Also, "thievery" isn't what you think it is, fucko. At least educate yourself before you start spouting accusatory, high and mighty bullshit.

Dec 30 - 06:27 PM

richardhoppes1

Richard Hoppes

The original poster admitted that he was "stealing" the movie. He's a thief.

Dec 30 - 09:05 PM

Luvagoo

Tallulah Robinson

Uhh, he's stealing the movie. I steal shit all the time, because I'm a poor jerk, but I don't pretend what I'm doing is actually okay. Dont' defend your illegal shit.

Jan 10 - 08:10 PM

Brandon Quiroga

Brandon Quiroga

Good post Tim. I came in thinking you were going to be making the argument the film was racist but I was pleasantly surprised. I say good day to you sir.

Dec 30 - 12:28 PM

Brandon Quiroga

Brandon Quiroga

Anyone who thinks this movie is racist against whites is an uneducated idiot who knows nothing of history and should kill themselves for the good of all mankind.

Dec 30 - 12:24 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

The words 'anyone' and 'themselves' don't agree grammatically.

Dec 30 - 12:44 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

As the only non-American in this thread, I'm the only person capable of being right on this subject (or pretty much any subject, and regardless of the nationality of the people involved), so let me break it down: some white people are going to complain about this movie, just as some Persians complained about 300, and some Kazakhs complained about Borat. If a film were made about a white person killing black people, of course black people would complain. This is natural, basic psychology. I don't really need to go into the reasons why; it's obvious. Do I think this film is racist? I've yet to see it (it's not released yet in my country), but the idea of someone getting revenge on the specific people who wronged him isn't inherently racist, regardless of the races involved. IB wasn't racist either. From what I've read about Black Crows, that one *does* cross the boundary into racism, since it's about African-Americans killing 'white people' (QT's own words) and deriving pleasure from that fact. The nature of the white people killed isn't relevant, no more relevant than if a film were made about a bunch of white mercenaries who go to some war-ravaged African country to kill bad black people (with their race explicitly stated). And does the racist nature of the third film in this loose trilogy inform us that the first two films were also at least implicitly racist? Probably, but I won't go there yet. I'll wait for this third film.

Second, the TC is wrong about pretty much everything. A revenge film about whites killing Mongols, Spaniards killing Moors, blacks killing Arabs etc. would garner a world of outrage, including from the moron Mcgettrick himself. He'd start crying about it. I wouldn't. I wouldn't care. Nor do I care about any victimisation in this or any other QT film. However, when someone who sees the world correctly (me) encounters someone who sees the world incorrectly (Nicky boy), I have a compulsion to direct him toward the light, even though I kow he'll veer off the path and stumble down a long flight of stairs into a bucket of poo the second I let go. I've got to try, though.

Dec 30 - 12:11 PM

Mackenzie J.

Mackenzie Johnson

While I agree with parts of what you said, something struck me as off about what you're saying. Mcgettrick was simply saying that groups of people are viewing this film as racist against white people, and he is highly against that viewpoint. I don't see how half of what you've posted fits into his statement.

Secondly, your first statement makes me doubt the rest of your post, which I view as dubious at best. How does being a non-American automatically label you as 'the only person capable of being right on this subject'? This thread is mostly about American racism; how would you be knowledgeable on modern American racism if you haven't experienced it? Or maybe you have, to which I apologize, but I was simply wondering about your statement.

I think you're taking something that was originally secluded to one country (America being the subject matter, and any other location/instance being mentioned as simply a circumstance) and expanding it to global proportions. Mcgettrick is simply denouncing American racism against blacks.

Jan 1 - 07:19 AM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

A few points to be made. I'll probably give a general response that hopefully covers the issues you brought up, rather than respond piecemeal to each. The relevance of nationality in this debate: I can't think of anyone who's more sensitive about anything than Americans are about race. I'm a pure Vulcan in contrast. A perfectly rational mind realises and accepts that man's inhumanity to man expressed as racism is no better or worse than man's inhumanity to man in its infinite alternative forms. whether people cut into one another based on race, nationality, gender, movie taste, beard shape etc., it's all the same to me. If you elimated group-prejudice, then people would just find reasons to hate people as individuals (though it's not as if they don't do this already). I don't see racism as a unique evil of the human condition, the elimination of which will breathe sunshine into the life of all. I'm indifferent to it. This (along with my stellar intellect and overall amazingness) allows me to spot silly inconsistencies in the words of Nicky boy here.

I already proved that QT's next film is racist, even though the latest two aren't necessarily so. But either way, if any director of any background made three films in which the same race is vilified and the murder of whom is glamorised, people of said race will complain. Blacks would, East Asians would, Native Americans would, and, as we see, some whites also would. Nicky boy points to an arbitrarily selected time-frame of supposed injustices by his own group to somehow justify QT's depiction of whites as such, despite it being obvious he wouldn't support a similar portrayal of any other race, and despite the fact that he wouldn't bewail the disapproval of the members of any other race (regardless of that race's history of racial treatment of another) to the negative portrayal and selective vilification of their own people.

This, I believe, makes him a stupid person. Now the US-specific scope of this film may be the reason that the dominant race of that country (whites) are the only oppressors that can be portrayed within that nation's context. However, the trilogy as a whole takes place, on average, more outside America than in it, making Europeans the victims of QT's latest boner, which an America clearly has no right to do. If QT steps beyond the US to explore intolerance, then what are the chances he's pick whites in all three films? He's not even limited to modern history, so there's really no excuse whatsoever for his choice.

Some whites (who are smarter than Nicky boy) have noticed this and take issue, as would members of any other race in the same situation.

Jan 1 - 02:21 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

There are a couple of typos in there. Correct them in your mind.

Jan 2 - 08:58 AM

Changez Ali

Changez Ali

You have a very high opinion of yourself for someone who can't see the wood for the trees.

Oct 5 - 06:00 PM

Jessica Gaylord

Jessica Gaylord

I agree! Personally, the most gut-wrenching part of the whole movie was the voice in the back of my head telling me that, although yes these characters and scenarios are exaggerated, the context of the film totally happened. People literally being torn apart, forced to fight to the death, tortured daily, all without the slave owners batting an eye - that shit happened, it's part of our history, and it's absolutely disgusting. I knew when I left the theater that most people who wouldn't like this movie (but like violent movies in general) are those who would rather pretend that the horrors in our nation's past don't exist. People who would like to believe slavery wasn't as violent as it really was, because who wants to think our country has evolved from these kind of morals?

Dec 29 - 12:51 PM

Sixghun Garrilla

Sixghun Garrilla

The problem occurs when one identifies with their ancestors. This seems to be a moral obligation with some people; they feel a need to 'honor' their ancestors. See Spike Lee's comments on this movie, for example. If one doesn't condemn this false obligation in the descendants of slaves, one should not condemn it in those who suspect they may be the descendants of slave 'owners'.

The more moral course of action is, like Dr. Schultz, to identify as a human being rather then a 'race' of human being. This is why I find the idea that Stephen is more immoral then Candie to be a morally repugnant one; it assumes that one should identify with one's race before one's humanity, and therefore holds Stephen more accountable.

I am personally descended from slave owners and slave traders. I don't identify with them any more then I identify with the slaves, because I don't accept the identification that society or anyone else assigns to me. I am a human being, and as such, I have as much right to honor Spike Lee's ancestors as he does and have as much right to say I feel their suffering as he does. Anyone who denies this, and insists that one's dna determines one's rightful identity, are being hypocrites when they deny southern whites the right to defend, as best they can, the 'honor' of their slave holding ancestors.

If Spike Lee can feel, in any way, that he is better able then I to suffer with his ancestors, then he is saying that, I, as a descendant of slave owners, suffer their guilt. That is the moral sickness that is inevitable when one identifies with their 'race' or their 'ancestors' rather then as a human being; the idea that children shall be held accountable for the sins of their fathers.

Dec 29 - 02:53 PM

Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith

well put. I too can trace part of my familial heretige to slave owners. I dont identify with them any more than anyone else. Bottom line though this is a revenge - bruce willis type movie aimed at the typical action hero crowd. There were as many romantic fictions as there were depictions of SOME the nastier sides of slave ownership. People being torn to pieces makes for an exciting movie, people dying slowly from over work and untreated illness does not. Movie audiences are there for entertainment and are not very interested in truth or history.

Dec 30 - 12:13 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

Identifying with humanity over a particular race is no more rational or 'moral' (whatever the fuck that means) than identifying with any other group. Why not identify as an organism, or as a material entity, or as something molecular based, or fundamentally quantum based? Why identify as anything at all? Why is identifying as one arbitrary rung of existence more moral or rational than identifying with another? Why identify as an individual either? You're just a collection of cells, and essentially atoms or even quarks, bound into a fleeting and evervescent union.
And fuck identifying with humanity. I despise other people.

Dec 30 - 01:25 PM

Kyle McLarty

Kyle McLarty

thank you

Dec 28 - 11:55 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

hold the phone everyone, this guy makes a super good point (no sarcasm).
after reading this guys article, he says that people are ignorant about this movie because its a black guy murdering white folks therefore its racist. wrong, there isnt a racist thing about that. the idea is wrong, but if a white man kills another white man theres nothing wrong with that...my ass.
people are throwing bitch fits because a black man is superior in this tale of wits, what a bunch of dipshits

Dec 28 - 07:27 PM

Tim Terrell

Tim Terrell

Nicholas made this whole thing up in his head. I haven't heard these charges levied at the movie by white people.

Dec 28 - 02:30 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Yes, because clearly I have nothing better to do. And all these other people that commented on this discussion? They're all in on it! I mean if the great TIM TERRELL hasn't heard of these comments than how could they possibly exist?

Dec 28 - 03:40 PM

Brandon Quiroga

Brandon Quiroga

you aren't so mart are you,Tim?

Dec 30 - 12:27 PM

Todd Groves

Todd Groves

Was that intentional, Brandon? "You aren't so mart..." LOL

Dec 30 - 04:30 PM

Jarvis Lunalo

Jarvis Lunalo

That's what movies tend to do,great movies anyway, bring to light issues that we are all miserably afraid to talk about. And Tarantino is a master at that. So whatever socio-historic opinion people have they are entitled to it. But its movies like this, no matter how "fictional" the characters are, that remind us of how far we've come, lest we forget.

Dec 27 - 04:12 PM

This comment has been removed.

Kirk Herrmann

Kirk Herrmann

agreed

Dec 27 - 03:02 PM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

Tarantino is NOT racist. To claim as such is to be assholy ignorant.

Dec 28 - 12:20 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

1. You're obviously an idiot. 2. So is Kirk. 3. I'm not trying to settle shit. I'm simply shining a light on some people in America's bullshit reaction to this film's release.

Dec 28 - 01:39 PM

Alex Heard

Alex Heard

Who gives a f. It is a movie. Tarantino, being white, obviously isn't taking any shots at the white community. It's meant to entertain, which it indeed succeeds at. It's a satire, therefore, it may be a bit demeaning and dark (that's what make satiristic movies so outstanding)

Dec 27 - 02:01 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Wait. It's only a movie? Oh, well I din't know that! In that case we have absolutely no reason to discuss it any way... especially not on a forum for a MOVIE WEBSITE! What a thoroughly dumb thing to say... and no, I wasn't talking about the actual content for the movie (that's another discussion entirely) I was talking about ignorant reactions to it that pissed me off.

Dec 28 - 01:43 PM

Anna K.

Anna K

Right on Alex. Everything always has to be so political. And what's with this prick ^^^?

Jan 12 - 01:39 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

Americans are drones when it comes to racial matters. The topic creator is one of these drones.

"Because as we all know... white people have obviously had a very rich history of being oppressed and to even mention us in a negative light IN ANY WAY is just downright vulgar"

Even though I hate the infectious American trend of everyone wanting to be oppressed or have oppressed ancestors, and I hate the idea that even white Americans would join this trend (without having to pretend they have a Native american ancestor) if they knew anything about history (which thankfully they don't), but I'm a little bit embarrassed for the TC. Apparently, he doesn't know much about the barbary pirates, Genghis Khan, the Huns, the Avars, the Romans (white, but they 'oppressed' northern and central Europeans), white slavery in the colonies, Irish poverty etc. etc. As I say, I despise pity-partying American moralfags, I really do. But history is history. Just learn it, dude.

Dec 27 - 06:06 AM

Sixghun Garrilla

Sixghun Garrilla

How dare you trivialize the legacy I suffer of the oppression of my Gallic ancestors by the Romans! Not to mention all those beautiful white women who were stolen from their villages by those raiding Barbary pirates for hundreds of years and sold into the harems of African princes, while their husbands were separated from them and forced into a short tedious life of rowing, under the whip, the very ships which raided their villages!

Dec 27 - 12:48 PM

Jessica Brandon

Jessica Brandon

You forgot indentured servantry, the next advent of the whites to use others at low to free cost, including other Europeans. (which is where you get superstitions like 7 years bad luck if you break a mirror.. that came from "servants" having 7 years added to their servitude if a mirror was broken)

Dec 28 - 06:15 AM

Rory James

Rory James

No one is playing "oppression Olympics." We know ALL people have been oppressed throughout history, this is fact, Matthew, so I do not disagree with you there. However, in context of this film we are only discussing the evils and inhumanity of American slavery as it pertains to enslaved Africans and it was HORRENDOUS. That is why we must all have an open mind and discuss it. When it comes to American Slavery I'm not going to compare it to the oppression of Irish people, indentured servants, etc. It is is unique. I want to discuss it as it pertain to Blacks. There are other books and scholars who have time to discuss the other atrocities.

Dec 28 - 08:16 AM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

I'm not trying to speak for anyone with any type of "moralfag" (as you so tastefully put it)intent. Shithead.... I'm not trying to say that ANYONE was more oppressed than anyone else. I'm not even fucking talking about oppression! As impressive as your trivial shenanigans about slavery throughout history strive to be, you're missing the point. That statement of obvious sarcasm that you so gracefully pulled as an out of context backbone for silly argument was referring SPECIFICALLY to America's unique example of oppression. A poisonous thought process of racism that we are still trying to get rid of in America today. And to me personally, the idea of what this movie is reignited a passive-aggressive type of racism that I condemned in this forum. I was generalizing the idea of whites being oppressed to serve THIS discussion. Perhaps I could've made it a bit more clear, sure. But I'm afraid your nonsensical patronizing snarkiness is misplaced at best, pal.

Dec 28 - 01:32 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

U mad, bro? You said (or implied through sarcasm) that whites don't have a history as victims of atrocities, which was a laughably inaccurate statement. Human nature is human nature, so we should expect a priori that all races have been at one time either the oppressed or the oppressors. I can think of no exception. Bantu people (West Africans) expanded across Africa a few millennia ago, displacing ancient Africans (who now exist as San and Bushmen etc.) and bringing them close to extinction (and despite similarities, Bantu and non-Bantu Africans were genetically as separate as whites from East Asians). A few millennia later, these Bantu were being oppressed by Arabs, and then a few centuries later by Europeans. I could tell a similar tale of oppressed/oppressor for any other race too (except races separated from other races for most of their history, such as aboriginal Australians and Native Americans, but, of course, they were usually just assholes to each other, especially the larger civilisations, such as Mayans).

So, no, the same rules apply to everyone. Sensitive people are going to be offended by a negative portrayal of their own race, other people aren't going to mind so much. People of both types exist in every race. And this is why your example above was incorrect. If it were the other way around, with a white man killing blacks, the reaction would symmetrically affect the now-differently-affected race.

Dec 30 - 05:57 AM

Changez Ali

Changez Ali

I assume that you have some research or statistics to back your argument up, or are you just making generalisations and presenting half baked truths as facts?

Oct 5 - 06:09 PM

Patricia Sanderson

Patricia Sanderson

Thank you, Matthew.

Dec 29 - 09:33 AM

Todd Groves

Todd Groves

Your intellectual conceit regarding history, Matthew, and your admission that you "despise other people" makes your ability to judge others fairly rather suspect. Stop putting down Americans, as if we all fit into your conveniently constructed fishbowl of stupidity. Anyone who's studied history know that history is written by the victors of war. Our historical writing of our war in Iraq will be tainted by propaganda and lies. Just as the dropping of the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not accepted by the generals of that time. As time goes on, I learn of the lies history class "taught" me and I'm only now discovering the truth of. So, don't put so much weight on historical accuracy. Especially, the accuracy of history by American "historians".

Dec 30 - 04:38 PM

Matthew Preston

Matthew Preston

No, *everyone* fits into a fishbowl of stupidity. Americans just happen to be stupid about racial issues (as exemplified perfectly by the fruit flavoured condom named Nicholas McGettrick. Frenchmen may be stupid about this, Koreans stupid about that, but Americans are stupid about race, which is all that's relevant to this debate.

Jan 2 - 07:20 AM

Patricia Colley

Patricia Colley

Wow, Preston - take a chill pill. First of all, Nicholas was just making a comment about some reactions he observed. It's not a college thesis. Secondly, modern racism cannot be dismissed with a series of faraway historical footnotes. Why? This particular flavor of prejudice is still alive and kicking in America, thanks to white supremacists in the South who refused to let it die. The civil war and the civil rights movement failed to end it.

Just look at the reactions of some people to the fact that we have a second-term black president. I'm sad to say, I actually know people stupid enough to wish him dead because of his race. Not to change the subject, but this is a direct legacy of the historical time period portrayed in the movie. So yes, it is true that humans of many races and cultures have oppressed other humans. And victim mentality solves nothing. But there are certain ugly realities that are still operating in our society today, and many Americans are in denial about that, preferring to "whitewash" the subject or turn it against the minorities themselves. I think Nicholas has a fair point there.

Of those of us who lived through the civil rights movement, who would have imagined that we would still be debating issues of equality in the 21st century, not in some Cracker Barrel in Mississippi, but in the highest halls of media and government? This should all be moot, but we obviously have more growing up to do as a society. THAT is how we are still stupid about race.

Now, whether Tarantino's vision adds anything interesting to that discussion is another subject entirely. But I'm addressing all your vitriolic responses to this thread, Matthew, because I do think it's completely unwarranted and falsely condescending. You think it's morally superior to hate humanity as a whole than to hate just part of it. You forgot that it doesn't matter which brand you buy - hate is hate, and it just creates more hate. I'd rather be a "moralfag" than a lost soul drifting in that misery.

Jan 3 - 10:16 AM

Charles Phillips

Charles Phillips

Matthew you're trying way too hard. You sound more and more like a pseudo-intellectual with an axe to grind. Kindly stop being so very general about your assumptions about Americans.

Jan 29 - 05:21 AM

Zane B

Chum Chum

In the end...it's just a fucking movie. A great one. Thats all, calm down everyone

Dec 26 - 07:26 AM

David Bailey

David Bailey

No.it sucked.

Dec 27 - 02:43 PM

todd123

Todd Garry

I can only imagine what kind of movies you like....

Dec 28 - 11:23 AM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

We're all calm, partner. We're simply discussing aspects of this movie and reactions towards it. Now stop trying to ruin my forum, douchebag!

Dec 28 - 01:45 PM

Zane B

Chum Chum

Sucked? There is no help for you sir

Dec 28 - 06:36 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

fuckhole

Mar 3 - 09:46 AM

Harry Pujols

Harry Pujols

The other good guy in the movie was a very white German, and one of the bad guys was Samuel L. Jackson, whom If I'm not mistaken, is black.

Dec 25 - 11:24 PM

Kirk Herrmann

Kirk Herrmann

Point Proven

Dec 27 - 03:03 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Very good! It's to bad some people don't have your uncanny sight, appearently.

Dec 28 - 01:46 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

" if the roles were switched and that this movie was movie was about a white guy killing off ruthless black warlords in Africa... "

Except they wouldn't release that movie because someone would say it's racist. In fact, someone almost always claims racism, whether the material is or isn't.

Dec 25 - 10:31 PM

Sam Raajguru

Sam Raajguru

Black Diamond starring Leo Dicaprio, Tears of the Sun starring Bruce Willis.. you just got GOT biatch.. the original guy is referring to people like you talkin smack from up in your reverse-racism perch

Dec 26 - 02:59 PM

Carl Billadeau

Carl Billadeau

Black Diamond?

Dec 26 - 11:05 PM

Sean McAllister

Sean McAllister

obviously meant Blood Diamond

Dec 26 - 11:14 PM

Ivy Miles

Ivy Miles

Well said Nicholas. Thanks for reminding them about Bill and Basterds. It's the same thing-fantasy and revenge, Tarantino style-- and in Django, yeah they deserved it.

Dec 25 - 10:29 PM

John Hurt

John Hurt

Another blood soaked Tarantino effort guaranteed to appeal to teen aged boys. I read a quote by Quentin attesting to the historical authenticity of the movie. What a joke. There is nothing historically accurate about Django. It is all about black people killing white people. I guess a lot of folks really get off on that.

Dec 25 - 06:15 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Wow, john. Are you sure? I mean, are you absolutely sure that this Spaghetti Western/blaxploitation revenge fantasy isn't historically accurate? Come to think of it... you might be on to something! YOU MIGHT BE A GODDAMN GENIUS FOR FINDING THAT ONE OUT.

Dec 25 - 07:46 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

And no... it's not that people get off of it. It's just that people don't find it as offensive as racists do. Now, I'm not calling you a racist. I'm just saying...

Dec 25 - 07:49 PM

Shawnell Harrison

Shawnell Harrison

I know i did.

Dec 25 - 09:14 PM

Sixghun Garrilla

Sixghun Garrilla

It's like Inglorious Basterds; it's a revenge movie set in times of atrocity, what else could possibly happen in that scenario except black folks killing white people. In fact, unlike some of the characters that were brutally killed in Inglorious Basterds, everyone in this movie got what they had coming.

The fact is, the only thing not historically accurate is the black Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Western shootout at the end; but then again, there's nothing accurate about any of the Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Western shootouts. However, if you think the sickening punishment methods shown and accompanying attitudes did not occur, or that black slaves didn't sometimes rise up and kill their 'owners', you'd be mistaken. Sure. some slave owners were more humane then others, but why would we want to see a movie about that?

Dec 25 - 10:24 PM

Jackson Hounsell

Jackson Hounsell

this film is simply a fictional story set within a historic time period. The derogatory nature that characters portray against black slaves in this film is absolutely accurate to the times. But none of these characters themselves personally existed. The film isn't racist in any way, shape or form -- everyone in the film got exactly what they deserved for their atrocious dispositions on the treatment of african americans.

Dec 27 - 08:38 AM

Changez Ali

Changez Ali

No, it's actually about all the creative and sadistic ways that a bunch of white people used to kill and degrade black slaves. In a brilliant glimmer of hope and optimism QT allows us to see one black man who fights back and kills a handful of these vicious violent, ignorant, evolutionarily retarded slave owners.

Oct 5 - 06:13 PM

Russell Scott

Russell Scott

I agree this country today is built on slavery, Chinese slavery. I guess I won't hold my breath waiting for a movie that can actually have a positive impact on society. Like a movie about a real problem that is happening right now.

Dec 25 - 04:52 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

If it is that important to you... than, my man, you should most likely stop talking about it on threads that have nothing to do with what you just said and make one yourself.

Dec 25 - 07:29 PM

Sixghun Garrilla

Sixghun Garrilla

What's all this 'we white people' crap, boy? I doubt seriously you've ever oppressed anyone, so stop trying to take credit for having that capacity, with your phony guilt.

Dec 25 - 03:03 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

You're right! I haven't oppressed anyone! And I feel absolutely no guilt because I haven't fucking oppressed anyone! However I'm also not the kind of stuck-up ball of paranoid dumbassery who screams "race war!" whenever I see the sight of a black slave killing slave-owners.

Dec 25 - 07:20 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Also, because you obviously can't catch on, I was talking about the white south of the 1800's. Not me.

Dec 25 - 07:30 PM

Bryan Jensen

Bryan Jensen

Does the movie show black slave owners, who existed in the South? Does it show black natives in Africa selling other blacks into slavery helping the Europeans? Didn't think so.

Dec 25 - 08:52 AM

Cetre Pegues

Cetre Pegues

Would that make it better if it did? It's a movie, not a documentary. This is the way Tarantino chose to make it, and that's his right. If you have such a problem with it, make one about black slave owners and let's see how it does.

Dec 25 - 10:14 AM

Bryan Jensen

Bryan Jensen

Bet Al Sharpton would picket it because it shows the truth and blow apart his agenda.

Dec 25 - 12:15 PM

Richard Calton

Richard Calton

great movie. white folks get their comeuppance

Dec 25 - 01:13 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Brian. Are you not aware of Sam Jackson's character? Research always helps.

Dec 25 - 07:33 PM

Jose Rodriguez

Jose Rodriguez

Yeah it kinda does

Dec 25 - 07:31 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Exactly.

Dec 25 - 07:33 PM

Santorrio Hurst

Santorrio Hurst

@Bryan Jensen before state how Blacks sold Blacks into slavery in Africa you should do more than just scratch the surface of African history. A slave in Africa during the 16th-18th century was not the same as in America. "Slaves" were more or less the common citizens of tribal empires whom maintained varying amounts of freedom and autonomy depending on region. The lowest slaves were those captured from defeated foes, criminals, etc. Im certain the lowest slaves were treated poorly but the brutality was not even close to paralleling american slavery.

To imply the "black-on-black crime" paradigm is nothing more than an elementary conclusion. Im sure you didnt know that would-be slaves and other Africans commonly believed that whites actually ate Africans upon arrival in America. The reality is that they didnt know much about what happened to slaves once they were sold, the trade was driven by economics just like nearly everything else.

Dec 26 - 03:24 PM

Jessica Brandon

Jessica Brandon

Actually, D'Jango SPECIFICALLY referenced those "black slavers" you are referring to when he and Dr. Shultz are preparing their "characters" they intend to portray at Candie Land...

Dec 28 - 06:25 AM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Yes it did. Just goes to show how wrong people can be when reacting when reacting in a hyperbolic manner to a movie they haven't even seen.

Dec 28 - 01:49 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

The only thing I object to is your assumption that all our ancestors were slave owners just because we're white. My ancestors were Irish, we didn't exactly have the smoothest road in this country either. I can track my ancestry back to the late 1700's and as far as I can tell no one in my family ever owned anyone else. Have no issue with people bashing slave owners, just don't like my ancestors being miscast as one of them.

Dec 25 - 01:41 AM

Richard Calton

Richard Calton

but the country was built on the backs of Africans. And you still benefit.... just try to hail a cab and in NYC and compare... Still it continues

Dec 25 - 01:15 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

You're right that was a generalization and I apologize. And Richard... Shut your ass up.

Dec 25 - 07:23 PM

Luis Cuevas

Luis Cuevas

It's just a movie god dam.

Dec 25 - 01:32 AM

Richard Calton

Richard Calton

yes!

Dec 25 - 01:15 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

You're soo right! Why the hell should we ever discuss movies or their effect on people? How silly! ESPECIALLY not when we're on a fucking movie website! Moron!

Dec 25 - 07:27 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

I agree with you for the most part, but comparing slave owners to Nazis is a bit of an overstatement. Again, I totally agree with you with the exception of that little part.

Dec 24 - 08:22 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

well said, bunch of morons complaining about this

Dec 24 - 03:24 PM

Christian Kneier

Christian Kneier

a white people hatemovie made by a white guy,makes sence to me...

Dec 24 - 05:27 AM

The Dude

The Dude Man

Heck yes it makes "sence" to you, why wouldn't it?

Dec 24 - 06:14 PM

Mitchell Nash

Mitchell Nash

Nicholas, I honestly have not seen any of the things you're talking about. Where are the people who are saying this movie is racist against white people? Is it at RT or at other places?

I'm asking because I'm generally interested if this stuff is happening and I'm also just confused at to why you wrote such a lengthy thread topic about something that doesn't really seem to be much of an issue.

Dec 24 - 04:00 AM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Most of this kind of speaking is prevalent among Conservative speakers, the Drudge Report being a notable example. Although if you scroll through the user reviews here at RT you'll find a few morons of that nature as well.

Dec 24 - 01:28 PM

Mary Malmros

Mary Malmros

Oh for God's sake, why are you even bothering to respond to the Drudge Report?

Dec 24 - 04:46 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

If it were just them, you better believe I fucking wouldn't.

Dec 24 - 05:30 PM

Eric Scott

Eric Scott

They're all over the YouTube trailers' comments sections as well. And there's a lot of them.

Dec 24 - 05:52 PM

Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan

This horrible, sadistic "hate whitey" snuff film is opening on Christmas Day - kind of an "in our face" assault on White Southern Christian people on Christmas. Think Hollywood would ever market a movie that depicted Black Americans slaughtering evil Jewish people and open the "hate Jewish" movie on some Jewish high holy day? Hollywood would never insult, defame Jews, Blacks, Muslims, homosexuals, but defaming Southern White people is the standard Hollywood script.

Dec 23 - 12:21 PM

Brady Huffer

Brady Huffer

agreed

Dec 23 - 04:30 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

retard

Dec 24 - 03:21 PM

Eric Scott

Eric Scott

To call him a retard would be an offense against the mentally handicapped. Douchebag seems more appropos. :)

Dec 24 - 06:04 PM

The Dude

The Dude Man

DID YOU READ WHAT HE ACTUALLY WROTE? If someone has a different opinion or view point than you,it makes that person a "retard". I wouldn't put too much stock into what you say until I've read more posts from you!!! This is the first review I've read. And you, Lee Augustus, appear to be the "retard". Eric Scott is right there with ya!!

Dec 24 - 06:12 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

I feel like you're joking.... and if so I commend you. However, if you aren't then kindly do all intelligent people a favor and take a long stroll off a short cliff.

Dec 23 - 08:28 PM

Gary Devenport

Gary Devenport

This. ^

Dec 23 - 09:45 PM

Mitchell Nash

Mitchell Nash

I'd rather a long stroll off a HIGH cliff.

He HAS to be joking, though, right?...

Dec 24 - 03:58 AM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

So many thanks for that much needed input on my input. And i feel like he is joking... but the dipshit under him doesn't get that. Or maybe it's the opposite, honestly, I don't know.

Dec 24 - 01:26 PM

Zane B

Chum Chum

He's not joking look at his pic. A complete cousing kissing hick, Nice ten gallon hat you bumpkin. Brady is a fucking idiot too

Dec 24 - 06:57 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

"Hollywood would never insult, defame Jews, Blacks, Muslims, homosexuals"

hmm...

Muslims-Iron Eagle, True Lies, the Siege, Rules of Engagement, the Black Stallion, etc.

Blacks and Jews-hundreds of films before the 60s including Birth of a nation, Gone with the Wind and many old looney toons

Homosexauls-endless...

Dec 24 - 03:20 PM

The Dude

The Dude Man

He's talking about today!!! Once again, it's his viewpoint. I personally LOVE WATCHING Quentin Tarantino movies, and won't miss this one!!! BUT, EACH PERSON HAS HIS/HER VIEWPOINT, and it should be respected. I don't believe the person is racist for saying this.

Dec 24 - 06:17 PM

Steven Watson

Steven Watson

I agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, he is simply wrong. His points revolve around "Hollywood" hating white christians and excluding the Jews, Muslims, blacks, and homosexuals from any ill will which is completely inaccurate. More so it shows his mindset being reather bigoted being that he will play the victim in this situation against the "other races and religions" when there isn't a cause. This film simply pushes people's comfort zones due to not following the societal norm. It's okay to see white poeple killing everyone, and minorities killing other minorities. When there's a movie set during a period of heavy racially driven murder and terrorism and the tables are turned in favor of the oppressed, it's an "anti-white snuff film" Right... cry me a river.

Dec 25 - 12:30 AM

Sam Raajguru

Sam Raajguru

the point is that this is a movie about hating Slave Owners and the brilliant revenge many blacks hope their ancestors were able to get on the most brutal and sadistic slave owners.. this Jack Ryan idiot's entire premise is wrong because nowhere do they show anything degrading a single race, religion, or culture... just Slave Owners who were inherently evil for what they did to their slaves

Dec 26 - 03:12 PM

Mary Malmros

Mary Malmros

Where's my tiny violin?

Dec 24 - 04:48 PM

Kathryn Kerbs

Kathryn Kerbs

Oh waaaaa.

Dec 24 - 05:41 PM

Eric Scott

Eric Scott

Yeah. Birth of a Nation, Gone With the Wind, etc., etc., etc. You racists have had lots of insulting and violent films made with anti-black sentiment for years. I think you can handle a spin on the merry-go-round of racism.

Also, I say "you" as in racist white people, not white people in general. I'm white, but I'm not of your tribe, Jack Ryan.

Dec 24 - 05:58 PM

The Dude

The Dude Man

You're taking things WAY TOO FAR... For some, even Tarantino fans, it comes down to ETHICS.. Why release the film on Christmas day rather than Christmas Eve?? Just 10 days after children were massacred.

Dec 24 - 07:38 PM

Steven Watson

Steven Watson

The movie has been set to be released Christmas day for quite some time now. I could see delaying it's release if the subject matter was insulting to the grieving familys... but it's not.

Dec 25 - 12:33 AM

Steven Watson

Steven Watson

families*

Dec 25 - 12:33 AM

Jessica Brandon

Jessica Brandon

I find the fact that you are insulted by the release day as a Chrisitan but not insulted by what was done to blacks by "christians" for so long laughable. There is even a scene in which a character, who oddly enough reminds me of a Teabagger with bible pages sewed to his clothing, is preaching the word whilst waiting for a female slave to be prepared for whipping. He offense? dropping a few eggs.

Dec 28 - 06:31 AM

Nathan Gray

Nathan Gray

you missed the point of basterds completely. In the final scene as an audience we are supposed to cheer at the Basterds slaughtering Germans yet we were supposed to look at the propaganda film about killing americans in disgust. With tarantino things aren't black and white (no pun intended). i cant wait to see this to see how it is portrayed by one of the great filmakers of our time.

Dec 23 - 07:15 AM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

No, no, no. I got that. I feel like this movie will have some of that grayness as well. I'm just saying that some of these people only got outraged at Tarantino's brand of graphic violence when it was "black on white".

Dec 23 - 08:32 PM

Nathan Gray

Nathan Gray

oh sorry misunderstood. definately a fair statement. if anything it proved violence is violence and focuses on revenge for previous wrongs than some racial bias. Frankly, its about time someone had the balls to make this movie.

Dec 24 - 06:15 PM

Daniel Cappell

Daniel Cappell

You sure are beating the shit out of that straw man.

Dec 22 - 05:45 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

That would be clever if it was in any way true.

Dec 23 - 08:29 PM

Kaiser Yusuf

Kaiser Yusuf

Somebody's got to start the slow clap.

Dec 22 - 11:51 AM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

Well, of course you're right... but is anyone actually saying that? Lead me to them so I can kick 'em in the nuts.

Dec 22 - 11:25 AM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

I have seen this type of nonsense a lot lately. Though there has been mercifully little of it at the RT community, you can still find a few examples of it in the user reviews.

Dec 22 - 11:39 AM

Efrain S.

Efrain Sanchez

Brainwashing idiots like FOX news and some racist website called Drudge report are the ones bitching about this. They are the biggest idiots in America.

Dec 22 - 12:34 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

I mostly agree.

Dec 23 - 08:35 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

Exactly!

Dec 24 - 03:23 PM

Jessica Brandon

Jessica Brandon

Funny enough one of the characters with the bible verses sewed to him reminded me of the teabaggers along with the moron bag heads.

Dec 28 - 06:42 AM

Eric Scott

Eric Scott

They proliferate on YouTube. 'Nuff said.

Dec 24 - 05:59 PM

Sixghun Garrilla

Sixghun Garrilla

Of course there are people who would 'say that'. But they're like 5 skin head "neo nazis" that show up for a 'white power ralley' and get a write up in the newspaper along with news crew and 1000 folks to protest them. Nicholas is one of those 1000. Once, in America, racists were in charge. Now, no one is a more pathetic loser then a racist. Well, except those people 'brave' enough to protest racism; I'm not sure what you'd call them.

Dec 25 - 03:23 PM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

You're right! And thank God this is the case today. But the fact that some of these people just refuse to catch on, I got a bit frustrated and posted a rant directed at those people. And guess what? Some of those people even responded! And they still refuse to learn. Which is why, i wouldn't call these troopers "brave" I would actually prefer referring to them as stupid.

Dec 25 - 07:40 PM

Doug Decocq

Doug Decocq

I love how everyone just ignores Christoph Waltz's character killing people and only focus on Jamie Foxx.

Dec 22 - 11:02 AM

Nicholas Mcgettrick

Nicholas Mcgettrick

To these folks a black guy with two guns who happens to be angry at some some white people is soo incredibly frightening that it is very easy to ignore the German Disco Santa Claus behind him doing the same thing.

Dec 22 - 11:44 AM

Frank Williams

Frank Williams

Exactly.

Dec 22 - 12:19 PM

Jessica Brandon

Jessica Brandon

Well said

Dec 28 - 06:42 AM

Rory James

Rory James

COMMENT OF THE DAY...Point taken.