Earth to America: This film is totally overrated.

So Quintin Tarantino makes a film which portrays the slavery as an evil, barbaric institution and also lampoons antebellum Southern culture. Brilliant. Novel. Why hasn't anyone ever thought of this before? Quentin Tarantino may have managed to make all the bed-wetting P.C. liberals in Hollywood swoon over his "Period" film and even get accolades from the academy. One thing Tarantino failed to do, however, was read a freshman American history textbook when he was researching for his screenplay. If he had done so, he would have learned the Ku Klux Klan WAS NOT EVEN FORMED in the United States until after the Civil War. Thus Tarantino's portrayal of a group of Klansmen was a huge anachronism and in my opinion denotes this film to mediocre-at-best status. And speaking of the Klan, what in the HELL was all that silliness about the way they put the potato sacks on their heads? I fully accept that it's great when a serious screenplay has an unexpected comic relief (think the graveyard scene in "Hamlet"). To his credit, Tarantino has done exceptional dark comic reliefs in the past: I still laugh at that scene in "Pulp Fiction" when Bruce Willis is sitting at a red light and just like that Marcellus Wallace walks right in front of his car. However, a comic relief should never change the genre of a film. In "Django Unchained," that happens. Anachronistic Klansmen arguing about potato sacks gets me thinking "Is this a Quentin Tarantino film or a Mel Brooks film?" And speaking of genre changes, the film is also replete with totally unrealistic Hollywood-style gunfights: I just loooove the way those bad guys always miss. So one minute it's a serious historical fiction called "Django Unchained," the next minute it's "Blazing Saddles," and then before you know it it's "Star Wars." Oh, and one other thing: IT'S ALSO UNDOUBTEDLY THE MOST OVERRATED FILM OF 2012. One last thing: is it just me, or does Jamie Foxx in that ridiculous costume remind us of when he was Wanda on "In Living Color?"
Sam M.
03-13-2013 11:58 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

hollis m.

hollis mills

haha its still awesome to be arguing on these threads

Oct 28 - 12:33 PM

No Name

The Man With No Name

AND NONE OF YOU CAN RESPOND!!!! :p

May 28 - 06:21 AM

Kristine Walker

Kristine Walker

I thought it was painful to watch, but for the wrong reasons. Too much violence, a very 'male' film, with wonderful visual artistry, but not
enough compassion. I didn't really care about the characters, and a movie that essentially deals with slavery and its evils should at its core try to elicit some compassion. This elicited many other emotions: disgust, humour, horror. But there is no compassion.

Oct 19 - 10:54 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

it was a male dominated time period.

Nov 6 - 06:35 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Hey Folks! I thought I was done here but it turns out a new leaf has been turned regarding this film. Rotten Tomatoes just published a page called "Ridiculous Movie Mistakes." Read it yourselves, because it mentions "Django Unchained" for having an anachronism. It's not the anachronism I pointed out. Admittedly, many people do not think that was an anachronism though I still defend it was. The anachronism they pointed out? The usage of sunglasses! They claim sunglasses (albeit having been invented in other parts of the world at this time) were not introduced into the United States until decades after the Civil War. Like I said before, Quentin Tarantino just didn't do his homework. And for Jamie Foxx to be wearing shades right on the poster...Yuck. Now I know Alex Maverick or Brendan Sullivan are going to run their mouths about this comment so just for the joy of stealing your thunder: don't make some snide, done-to-death remark about Ben Stiller. It's getting old, even for you. For the sake of variety, try correct grammar and spelling! Warmest regards, Sam.

Oct 9 - 12:21 PM

Rami Nawfal

Rami Nawfal

Anachronism this, anachronism that, what is with you and anachronisms? Let it go man. Yuck because Foxx is wearing totally badass shades even though they didn't exist in 1858? This is just ridiculous. We got a great story, brilliant dialogue, well developed characters, stellar acting, sweet costumes and pretty cinematography, and all you care about is anachronisms.

Oct 10 - 08:03 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Jaimie Foxx wore sunglasses? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The horror! The absolute horror! We must burn every copy of this inaccurate catastrophe! For Tarantino actually had the AUDACITY to use...........(gulp) sunglasses! (Weeps)

Oct 10 - 11:16 PM

Rami Nawfal

Rami Nawfal

Quite the troll Mr. McCrea is.

Oct 11 - 02:05 AM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

Oh my God. ENOUGH.

Oct 16 - 11:26 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

he's quite the tick. Isn't he

Oct 29 - 07:16 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

The point of the movie was to show an unfactual story in a factual world. Who gives a flying fuck about if he was wearing sunglasses? You're taking a awesome, fun, and over the top movie, and you're taking it to serious. Lighten up man, pull the stick out of your ass, and grow up.

Oct 29 - 07:14 PM

Ash J. Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Are you guys seriously still arguing about this film?

Sep 25 - 03:08 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

yes, yes they are. I'm done. I just wanted to come on here to see how much people still argue about this shit.

Sep 25 - 07:06 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

You're never done, when you're home schooled and special needs like Brendan, you can go on the internet all day and waste time.

Oct 8 - 08:13 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

oh yeah, you nailed it right their buddy. Go home man, you're drunk.

Oct 29 - 07:15 PM

Luis Enrique Salas

Luis Enrique Salas

Django unchained definetly is one of the best movies of all the times and the third best movie of 2012 for me !! Its a real Masterpiece

Sep 23 - 11:05 PM

Jason T.

Jason Turno

Yes it is. Its His best movie since Pulp Fiction.

Oct 3 - 01:11 PM

Luke Dobson

Luke Dobson

I do not agree, this movie is one of my all time favorites.

Sep 9 - 08:35 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Well, good for you. I'm glad you liked it.

Sep 18 - 11:36 AM

Chase The Lost

I'm tired of arguing. Tell me more about those deviled eggs lol. I wouldn't ask you for the recipe, but what makes them famous? Do you add something that makes them different from others?

Sep 5 - 07:42 AM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

He adds something that can't be posted here...

Sep 30 - 02:22 PM

Chase The Lost

Ewwww nyuk nyuk nyuk

Oct 16 - 11:25 AM

Eric Castagnoli

Eric Castagnoli

No one cares that you don't like that movie you attention seeking fag, why don't you stop wasting your time making a thread about your opinion about a movie 95% of the general population like, definitely not gonna change mine or anyone else's opinion.

Sep 4 - 06:07 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Aw, you don't mean that, do you? It really hurts when you say I'm an "attention seeking fag." Gee, a guy who uses the internet to say nasty words he pry would never have the sack to say to somebody's face...there are epithets to describe people like you, too you know. And I know that nobody cares...so much that scores of people (yourself included) have responded to it many times. I must say something about your idiotic remark that I'm not going to change anybody's opinion. First of all, I probably have changed SOMEBODY'S opinion (544 reviews, not entirely outside the realm of possibility), second and by far the far the most important: WHO CARES? The purpose of this website is not necessarily to change opinions but to express your own. I have done that. You cool with that? If you don't like my opinion, feel free to not read it. For that matter, you are also free to not make self-contradictory comments that only show the whole world you're a moron.

Sep 4 - 07:55 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Oh Eric, I also wanted to say that you aren't just nasty, vulgar, and bigoted, you're also about as ugly as death; and THAT IS NOT a picture of Ben Affleck. I imagine you're one of those uneducated, hickish, sub-species of man that makes we wonder when God will (please) send another tornado to blow that asshole away.

Sep 18 - 11:36 AM

Aaron Clark

Aaron Clark

So this is what passes for controversy these days? Incessant use of the word nigger? How I miss Stanley Kubrick!

Aug 29 - 08:32 AM

Chase The Lost

You're still here, Sam? Jesus...

Aug 26 - 08:58 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Amazing, isn't it? It doesn't matter what sensible arguments people put up. Sam just repeats the same bullshit in order to think he's right.

Aug 27 - 01:03 PM

Chase The Lost

This is true. He may twist his words to display his lexicon, but he's really nothing more than a cocky jerkoff who will probably alienate himself from his peers in the next decade or so.

Aug 28 - 07:03 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Chase one other thing: I also make great deviled eggs. So I AM MORE than just a cocky jerkoff. So there.

Aug 29 - 05:33 PM

Chase The Lost

Putting all the bullshit aside, deviled eggs sound really tasty right about now.

Aug 30 - 02:10 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

It also takes him five post minimum to even have a counterargument against your argument.

Aug 28 - 11:22 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Oh for crying out loud...Tell you what, Alex: why don't you give me your "sensible argument" right now. Here's your chance. Show me your sensibility and next time I log on, I'll respond. Oh, and Brendan, we'll see if it really takes five posts. Oh and Chase, for God's sake you've never even MET me before. Chill out. One other thing: YOU'VE GOT ME ALL WRONG! The truth is, I already alienated all my peers back in junior high but I've been building my way up ever since. In the next decade or so, I'll probably be downright popular. You'll see.

Aug 29 - 05:30 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Wow! That comment was so bad that I actually feel sorry for you know. You know it takes you five posts and you just can't admit it.

Aug 29 - 09:50 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Buddy, I did that a looooooooong time ago. If you wanna find it and read it, be my guest. Or you can read all the other sensible arguments as well.

Aug 29 - 09:50 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Alex, well that settles it. Even somebody as dumb as you must realize that telling me you did something a "loooooong time ago" is not tantamount to doing it. I asked you to do something; you failed. Oh, and I have to say something about your snide, stupid remark about my response to that ugly idiot Norman Radcliffe. Yes, Alex, I know what the word "fiction" means. Do you know what the term "Historical fiction" means? Put it this way, "Titanic" is a work of fiction. Still, it did not portray a ship sinking in 1913. WHY??? Because the ship sank in 1912. Also, it did not show passengers wearing slap-wrap bracelets or using cellular phones. It's amazing how one minute you are insisting that "Django..." does not contain an anachronism because of some nonexistent group called the "Regulators." Then when I make it clear that there was no such group so the film does, in fact, contain a huge anachronism you get all sarcastic and say "well, it's fiction." You're just contradicting yourself because you don't want to admit that I have a point. Oh and Brendan, I'm glad that you feel sorry for "you know." I was wrong about you, man. You are not cute. However, you too were wrong because you can see that this is one, ONE, post. I am sure that even you can count to one. Oh and Ben Affleck, I am honestly appreciative of your last remark. Coincidentally, we just found eggs really cheap the other day and bought a ton. I think tomorrow I'll make my famous deviled eggs and also read my book...all much more interesting than talking to Brendan or Alex. Later, dorks!

Sep 2 - 09:35 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Sam, I'm not gonna tell you something that has been said by myself and others a hundred times already. You already know the argument, so stop playing dumb like you don't. And I'm also not gonna tell you that you "have a point," which you do not. Saying that the KKK didn't exist in those days is just a fact. Why would give you props for stating something as obvious as the color of the sky? And speaking of "historical fiction" where are the books that condemn this idea that racist people killed freed slaves by doing what these people in the film did? Are you going to tell me that when a slave was freed, they had it easy for the rest of their life? That they weren't sometimes killed by white people? Why don't you go show me the evidence that condemns the masked men in this movie and we'll leave it at that. And also, "later, dorks"? What are you, a ten year old on a playground.

Sep 2 - 11:18 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Also, calling Norman ugly when you've never even seen him before is pretty fucking stupid. You're not making yourself look smart by doing that and I know that your only goal is to appear intellectually superior to everyone else. So please, try harder, "dork."

Sep 2 - 11:22 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Thank you for telling me what my only goal is on this website, Alex. It's nice to know that you can read my mind. Especially since I doubt you read much else. However, I'm confused since just a minute ago you were telling me that I was playing dumb...? I am not specifically aware of books which "condemn" the idea that racist people ever killed freed slaves in the American South and, to be honest, I'm not sure what your point is. I'm sure there were some blacks who were killed by racists. I'm sure there were some blacks who were killed by Water Moccasins. Heck, I'm sure some blacks were killed by drowning; especially if they were in a canoe that capsized and they didn't know how to swim. What is your point? MY POINT is that there is no historical accuracy for groups of racist white bigots who banded together wearing potato sacks in the antebellum south and THEREFORE I claim (for the hundredth time) this scene in "Django Unchained" was an anachronism. Neither you nor anyone else on this website has given me reason to believe I am wrong to assert this. Furthermore, this is not a case of artistic licensing; more on that later. Oh and no, I am not claiming freed slaves had it easy for the rest of their lives; but just for the record (Earth to Alex) EVERYONE had a harder life in those days. Would YOU want to live in the south before air conditioning and refrigeration were invented? You strike me as the type who couldn't make it through the day without a latté.

Sep 4 - 03:14 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

My god, you are a dipshit. Thank you for telling me that I can't make it through a day without a latte (even though I've never even had one in my life). It's nice to know that you can read minds, quite poorly I might add. And thank you for proving my point, which is: you don't know if these people existed because (earth to Dumbass) you weren't alive back then. Therefore, big finale......your argument is pointless! This entire thread is pointless! And I don't know why you asked me if I would like to live back in those times. Jesus, you say you don't know what MY point is, well I don't know what yours is with that addition to your list of pointless arguments. I would ask you how you even came to the conclusion that i drink lattes, but I honestly couldn't give a fuck. Later, "dork."

Sep 4 - 11:10 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Wait! You thought I was cute? I'm not into guys faggot, so ig you're trying to pick me up then I have to say that I'm not into a guys. You're like a that fifth grader that sits at the back of the class and loves to just through shit at people who's minding their business. You know you're either a troll, faggot, or a loser. You can't even argue right and your "ideological" bullshit you throw on this page is just another way of compensating for something. You even go to the level of calling us dorks. Wow, you're the reason why this country is so bad. Your dad should have wrapped and then tapped.

Sep 5 - 03:19 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Alex, let me get this straight: I don't know if these people existed because I wasn't around back then. Okay. Would you say Christopher Colombus might have come to the Americas in 1492 on a Lear Jet? How do you know Lear Jets didn't exist in the 15th century? After all, you weren't around then. Same logic.
Oh and Brendan, FEAR NOT. I am definitely not trying to pick you up. The only thing you would get picked up for is disturbing the peace.

Sep 6 - 07:07 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Oh and Alex, there is one question I have to ask you. Why do you keep saying the stuff that I say? You know like the "earth to" and the "thank you for telling me" and the whole "dork" thing? You know, one of the biggest signs of inner peace is a loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others; and though they say imitation is the highest form of flattery I personally find it rather annoying. I also think it makes you look sad.

Sep 6 - 07:37 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Was there a point hidden in there somewhere? Because it was basically just wo paragraphs of wasted space.

Sep 6 - 01:42 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Thanks for proving my point. Alex, this guy has to be a troll, because no one is that stupid.

Sep 6 - 09:34 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Alex. Wasted space? Seriously. As if these were hieroglyphs we were writing on here. I love the way that some people yammer for the hundredth time about how Django never contains the words "Ku Klux Klan" (even though I've made my counter-argument quite clear and sensible) and then have the nerve to talk about wasted space. I also love how a remark is only "wasted space" when somebody has pointed out an error in YOUR logic which you (true to form) have failed to respond to. Then again, maybe I don't love it. I admit for the past few months I've been amused by your idiotic remarks but it's getting old; and besides, a wise man once said "never have an argument with a complete moron, people might now know which is which." Man he had a point. The more I talk to both of you the more I get the feeling you honestly think I'm the idiot in this conversation and some people agree. Remember this though: you have not "proven" something just because you say you've proven it and you are not automatically right just because some people agree. That would have been a great way to end this conversation but I'm not quite finished yet. I have to respond the Brendan's remark that I'm what's wrong with this country. I'll tell you what's wrong with this country: in 1986 a man robbed a bank and Paula Deen called him a name. Now, 27 years later, nobody is the least bit angry at the man for robbing the bank but people do get angry at Paula Deen. Seriously, how much more warped and debased can our values possibly get. THAT is what's wrong with America you snivelly little punk. I've had enough of both of you. Sayonara.

Sep 18 - 11:25 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

More wasted space. And considering that your argument is about as pointless as trying to figure our why a dog licks his balls, it's amazing how hard you try to defend it. No, there was no KKK during the time of this movie. Is that what you were looking for?

Sep 23 - 01:02 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

And seriously, Sam. Don't go around calling me an idiot when you can't even discern an obvious picture of Ben Stiller for an actual profile picture.

Sep 23 - 01:05 AM

Alex A.

Alex Anonymous

Artistic Licensing? Heard of it?

Aug 22 - 06:34 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Yes. ?

Aug 23 - 07:02 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Yep, he has. And he has probably petitioned against it.

Sep 2 - 11:23 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

You know Alex, the more you talk the dumber you seem. Feel free to quit any time. The reason I called Norman ugly is because he has this thing on his profile. It's called a picture. And it looks like a hopelessly scrawny, pale, ugly Goth dude with a wretched Euro-trash hairstyle. Normally I wouldn't be so cruel but you know the things he said to me were not cool. F-bombs and all...
Far more importantly: have you (Alex or Alex) ever seen the "Prince of Egypt?" Perhaps the most arresting scene in this animated film is when Moses' followers are walking through the divinely-parted ocean. As they walk through it, and lightning strikes, you'll notice that you can see fish and other marine life in the water. It even shows a whale. Now, there is no part of the Old Testament which says this actually happened. It doesn't say anything about what they saw through the water. I've actually read the Bible cover-to-cover twice, but that's neither here nor there. Still, the "Prince of Egypt" does not contain an anachronism. Of course there were whales in those days. What it DOES contain is artistic licensing. The whale was added for effect. However, adding something to a work of historical fiction which (at least in all likelihood) simply did not exist in those times is not an example of artistic licensing. It is an anachronism. Thank you. Quick question: is it possible that "Alex Anonymous" and Alex Maverick are the same person? It would give "talking to himself" a whole new meaning.

Sep 4 - 03:26 PM

Chase The Lost

Oh, dude...

You didn't know that was a picture of Ben Stiller?

Sep 5 - 03:30 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

1. Norman's picture is of Ben Stiller, you idiot.
2. Yeah, I'm gonna go make a second profile with the SAME EXACT FIRST NAME AS MY OTHER ONE.

What was that about, "the more you talk, the dumber you seem"? I think we've just proven that you are the only one guilty of that charge. I even got you to write a whole paragraph in response to two little sentences.

Sep 5 - 06:05 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Okay so I don't pay much attention to Ben Stiller. Have your fun. What were you saying about how I don't respond to people's "sensible arguments?" Practice what you preach.

Sep 6 - 07:16 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Practice what I preach? What the hell does that have to do with you not recognizing Ben Stiller?

Sep 6 - 01:44 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

And that was a serious question. I'm just trying to see the logic of your statement that I must be missing.

Sep 7 - 12:14 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

You didn't say anything about my clarification regarding artistic licensing: what it is and what it is not. This from the person who claims I don't repond to people's arguments. So I said to practice what you preach.

Sep 18 - 11:27 AM

Norman  R.

Norman Radcliffe

Mr. Maverick, I'm sorry you had to point out the blatantly obvious because of Sam and his lack of brain cells. And Sam, from the bottom of my heart, you're a retarded fuckface.

Sep 5 - 01:31 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

So sorry I didn't look at a stamp-sized, grainy pic on my cruddy little laptop and automatically notice it was a photograph of an actor I don't even like. But Norman, "retarded fuckface?" Are you seriously in 5th grade? Do the world a favor and get a vasectomy.

Sep 6 - 07:28 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

One other thing: are you sure it was from the bottom of your HEART? It sounds like something you'd pull out of your ass.

Sep 6 - 07:29 AM

Aaron Clark

Aaron Clark

How is this film ,controversial? Using slurs multiple times makes a film controversial? I don't think so.

Aug 20 - 02:40 PM

Todd Danner

Todd Danner

What a terrible review site. Anyone that has a differing opinion just gets trolled away. What a joke.

Aug 15 - 02:33 PM

Blondie

No Name

Then you can leave. You've proven yourself as an asshole anyway. Not like people want you here.

Aug 16 - 04:37 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Da Pitt, that is not nice. BTW, do you think people want you here? What have proven YOURSELF as?

Aug 16 - 08:00 PM

Blondie

No Name

If you weren't on these forums and only these forums, You'd see that I have friends on other forums.

Aug 17 - 04:08 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Good for you, man. Your mom must be really proud.

Aug 19 - 09:49 AM

Blondie

No Name

You're really bad at randomly changing the subject.

Aug 19 - 01:38 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

exactly Durden's

Aug 21 - 01:53 PM

Marc Cerone

Marc "Cerone" Chaudry

Waltz is what makes Tarantino's films from now on, that's it, with the lucky exceptions of Leo DiCaprio and L. Jackson.

Jul 28 - 07:27 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I still can't believe people are still commenting on this discussion.

Jul 25 - 10:06 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Brendan, you say this even as you ARE commenting on it for the hundredth time. Thank you for being the perpetual source of entertainment that you are.

Aug 16 - 08:03 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

What's your point. I'm just stating a fact, because before that I wasn't on here for a while. You really haven't lost your touch on how much of a dumbass you are.

Aug 21 - 01:53 PM

Connor Donegan

Connor Donegan

the character chemistry between django and Dr. schultz was absolute magic. the movie blended comedy, action, drama and romance seamlessly (something i cannot say for inglorious basterds). this movie is consistently good from beginning to end. your problems with the movie are minor and do not change the fact this may be his best written movie since pulp fiction.

the character of King Schultz was stunning because that man is SO smart and so charming, but, he is also very dangerous. django isn't much of a character in the beginning but when him and schultz team up, thats when django gets interesting. Schultz becomes Django's teacher and it is absolutely fascinating to see the back and forth in dialogue between an uneducated slave who is trying to learn and the genius yet sympathetic Dr. Schultz. Qunetin tarantino is excellent at making conversations between characters sound real and that is what knocks this film out of the park.

your rant is long winded and non sensical. when it comes to the KKK scene, it was never not once specified that they were klansmen. actually what they really were was just an angry mob. also, are you totally against comedy in an action-adventure movie? do you hate the indiana jones movies for blending comedy, action, drama and romance together? tarantino blended the genres in this movie perfectly and there are hundreds of millions of witnesses who can attest to that fact.

everything i have listed about the movie above is just a small part of delicious detail to what could be his most detailed, extravagantly made movie to date. lets not forget the stephen character or calvin candie or how django poses as a black slave owner who gave it his all and gave a terrifying performance. oh, and if you want to watch a movie that sets up random situations just to show violence, go watch saw, you moron.

Jul 24 - 09:21 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Okay Connor, your first two paragraphs made me think. I did not really see that chemistry when I saw Django, however, like I said, I do plan to re-watch this film some day especially in light of all my commentary.

Aug 16 - 08:58 PM

Norman  R.

Norman Radcliffe

Excuse me?

Jul 9 - 11:19 PM

Rami Nawfal

Rami Nawfal

Seriously, creating accounts and pretending you're celebrities and characters is just NOT funny.

Jul 10 - 03:27 AM

Blondie

No Name

Well, who releases their real name and real picture on a site like this?

Jul 12 - 03:21 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Exactly.

Jul 13 - 05:05 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

well, everyone. Because it goes through facebook

Jul 13 - 09:59 AM

Blondie

No Name

That's why you make a Rotten Tomatoes account and not transfer from Facebook so people don't steal your information. Not that there is a lot of information to give but your name and picture, but it's enough information.

Jul 13 - 03:44 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Yo De Niro, I released my real name and real picture on this site.

Jul 25 - 07:29 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

So what? they just look you up anyways if they really wanted to.

Jul 25 - 10:03 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

no you're big daddy

Jul 29 - 08:15 PM

Blondie

No Name

I don't really care, McCrea. Good for you. You should go out in celebrate that.

Aug 1 - 01:47 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

You Da Pitt, I was not claiming it was something for me to celebrate. I am just making it clear that I do it since you said people don't. You cool with that? And of course you don't care. Why the bleep would you care?

Aug 16 - 08:08 PM

Blondie

No Name

I don't know why I would care. Of course, I meant that smart people do that.

Aug 17 - 04:13 PM

Kaisher Moi

Kaisher Moi

$400,000,000 of Box Office? Not that overrated.

Jun 21 - 10:15 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Okay. So it's over-sold, too. You happy?

Jun 22 - 06:00 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

well finally you actually said somethings smart. Kaisher, so was star wars 1, iron man 3, and pirates two. Doesn't mean they were great films.

Jun 23 - 08:36 PM

Kaisher Moi

Kaisher Moi

Congratulations for calling my name.
Here's your reward! http://goo.gl/sxpyr

Jul 9 - 12:38 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Brendan, you don't like "A new hope?" It's considered a legend. For its time the special effects were pretty amazing, too.

Jul 25 - 07:30 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

dude, star wars 1 was not the new hope, but the phantom menace

Jul 25 - 10:05 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Okay I get what you're saying but the first Star Wars film ever released was A New Hope. That was way back in the 70's.

Aug 16 - 08:10 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I would have said the new hope if I meant that. Star wars 1 is the phantom menace

Aug 21 - 01:55 PM

Kaisher Moi

Kaisher Moi

No! You don't need to reply.

Aug 6 - 04:58 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

What?

Aug 9 - 10:54 AM

Listen W.

Listen Watch

You're tripping, best film I've seen in a long time. Captivated from the first minute until the end, top notch dialogue, intelligent humor, amazing video-work and soundtrack. Go back to watching Twighlight, Hunger Games, or Fast and Furious 5,000.

Jun 20 - 11:40 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

I've never seen any of those movies, just for the record. These days I'm more into books.

Jun 22 - 06:01 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Actually I did get the first Twilight movie years ago on Netflix. I saw maybe 1/2 an hour of it but just didn't get into it. Vampires? Not my thing.

Aug 29 - 05:18 PM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

Earth to all users: we can agree to disagree without all the lame name calling and insults

Jun 17 - 09:16 PM

Chase R.

Chase Riser

One of the best films of 2012, alongside The Dark Knight Rises. Its absolutly crazy and brilliant with Leonardo Dicaprio displaying a flawless performance(should have won best supporting actor academy award). GREAT film and my favorite by Tarantino.

Jun 13 - 12:02 AM

Satyam V.

Satyam Vada

This movie is just a sequence of situations made up just for the purpose of showing violence, kind of like the violence equivalent of porn.

Jun 3 - 04:09 AM

Blondie

No Name

So violence didn't happen back then?

Jun 3 - 04:46 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Actually, pry not like the way Tarantino portrayed it. I thought the plot was grand-standing.

Jun 22 - 06:03 PM

Blondie

No Name

I realize that. The way he portrayed it is different, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Jun 23 - 03:49 PM

Chase The Lost

Oh is that what is, Satyam? Thanks for clearing that up. Considering everyone in that time period were absolute angels and plantation owners played Parcheesi with their slaves and never ever abused them. Back then, no one ever used the "n" word either. Also, Quentin Tarantino never uses violence in any of his films.

Fucking moron. If you're really that dumb, you shouldn't be posting.

Jun 3 - 09:24 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

You just said that Quentin Tarantino never uses violence in any of his films. I realize the first stuff was sarcasm but that sentence just doesn't make sense. But just so we're clear: "Dumb" people are definitely allowed to post stuff on the internet. In fact, sometimes I think it's about all they do.

Jul 25 - 07:33 PM

Stanley Gilstrap

Stanley Gilstrap

It was all sarcasm numb nuts.

Jul 27 - 07:35 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Numb nuts? Seriously... And why, Stanley, are you responding to somebody ELSE'S question? That's pretty nosy.

Aug 16 - 08:44 PM

Satyam V.

Satyam Vada

Most over rated film ever. To such an extent that even the critics seem to be too scared to tell the truth about this movie. It is as if the loudmouthed Mr.Tarantino will come and bash them up if they panned the movie.

Jun 3 - 04:08 AM

Blondie

No Name

He doesn't mind if critics bash it because it creates discussion on a subject that hasn't been in the public eye for a while and it's his doing. Plus, who cares what other people think, as long as you're proud of it?

Jun 3 - 04:49 AM

Greg Stefan

Greg Stefan

I agree, way overrated. The ending was long and ridiculous, and I eventually stopped rooting for Django.

Jun 7 - 10:51 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I'm right there with you. The problems are mainly in the third act. The set up in the first act seems like it's about to be crazy awesome.

Jun 7 - 11:29 AM

Greg Stefan

Greg Stefan

Was great till Dicaprio got shot by Waltz...made no sense whatsoever

Jun 9 - 09:05 PM

Thomas Engels

Thomas Engels

Since Jackie Brown all QT movies are overrated. Django is so bad I'm surprised it even got produced. It's easily QT's worst and one of the worst performances I've seen from a director that has actually produced noteworthy material.

Jun 22 - 01:53 PM

Eric Castagnoli

Eric Castagnoli

Retarded you say all these bad things about this film and it continues to get praised by critics and audiences alike you and the faggot Sam McCrea are probably 2 of 100 people that do not like this film, just because you don't like it doesn't mean its a bad film it just means you have bad taste.

Jul 1 - 07:25 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Speaking of bad taste, YOU are the one posting vulgarities on the internet just because somebody disagreed with you. Grow up, Eric. People have the right to their own opinions.

Jul 25 - 07:35 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Oh and another thing, Eric. I would watch your language if I were you. I know some "faggots" who could kick your ass.

Aug 16 - 08:40 PM

Chase The Lost

Here we go again. Flex those internet muscles, Sam!

Aug 26 - 09:00 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Yo Ben, I'd gladly say that to his face. Which is probably more than I can say for him.

Sep 18 - 11:42 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Thanks Satyam. So I'm not the only person who gets that feeling.

Jun 22 - 06:05 PM

Todd Danner

Todd Danner

You are not the only ones. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think the movie was 0/100... But probably the most overrated movie I have EVER seen in my life. Almost everyone either loved it or just really liked it. As if they are afraid of being called racists if they don't love it to death. I find a lot of his films highly overrated..

Aug 15 - 02:26 PM

Jay Strauss

Jay Strauss

First of all Sam. The "klu Klux Klan" was never mentioned. They were an inept bunch with poorly formed hoods made by someones wife. And for God's sake. It was a Tarantino movie, not a documentary. One of his best.

Jun 2 - 09:59 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

He didn't say 'klu Klux Klan'

Jun 7 - 11:27 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Jay. No way. Pulp fiction was probably his best. He's gone downhill from there. And yes, I know for the zillionth time they did not say "Ku Klux Klan" but that's just a cop-out. An anachronism is an anachronism. Look, Django unchained may be...cute. However, it is just not worthy of academy awards.

Jun 22 - 06:06 PM

Keith Beaumont

Keith Beaumont

You do realize that all awards shows are bullshit anyway? Who gives a damn about which movies get Oscars? The Academy Awards is just a circle jerk.

Aug 7 - 12:25 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Aw come on, Keith. You wouldn't say that about Academy Awards if you won one.

Aug 16 - 08:27 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Oh and just so you know; many people DO give a damn which movies win Oscars. The winners are remembered not just for years but for generations.

Aug 16 - 08:28 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Jay Strauss: Okay, for the HUNDREDTH time, perhaps literally, I do not care that the Ku Klux Klan was never actually mentioned in this film. The implication that it WAS the Klan was perfectly obvious to anybody with half a brain. Put it this way: if you made a film set in the 1950's and there was a scene where a character took a tiny disk, put it in a stereo and played music with it, I would say that was an anachronism even if you did not actually SAY that it was a CD. GOT THAT?? Good. Tarantino portrayed something which simply did not occur in that time period and therefore it is an anachronism. I would appreciate it if people would quit hemming and hawing about nit-picky details and acknowledge that I have a point. An anachronism is an anachronism. THANK YOU!!

Aug 16 - 08:26 PM

Norman  R.

Norman Radcliffe

You're a fucking idiot. If you had done any research on this topic at all, you would know that the men in the masks were called Regulators. Do you know why? Because there was no such thing as the KKK just yet. And seriously, you actually accuse people of nit-picking, you dumb motherfucker? You're the fucking king of nit-picking. "Oh, there was no KKK back then! I don't care if they aren't even called the KKK or the fact that they barely even look like the KKK! That's bad continuity!" Hey dumbass, did you see those guys wearing long white robes with pointy masks? You didn't? Then guess what: they weren't the official KKK yet! They were the guys who would eventually become the KKK. Is that clear enough for you, dipshit?

Aug 27 - 12:54 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Oh, I'm an idiot? Well just so you know I took an AP American history class and NOWHERE in that class did they mention a group called the regulators. I'd be willing to bet I've read more works of American historical fiction than you have read ANYTHING and have never read anything about an antebellum group called the "Regulators." I even "googled" the regulators and failed to find anything mentioning such a group (As Tarantino portrayed them) in the antebellum south. I also volunteered as a docent at what was once southern plantation and guess what? None of the experts at that museum or any of the slave descendents who frequented this museum ever said anything about a group called the regulators. Do you know why? Because in all likelihood, THE GROUP YOU ARE REFERRING TO DID NOT EXIST. I can see that you have very limited cognitive abilities, but I will make this every bit as clear and as elementary as I can. The group of men wearing potato sacks in "Django Unchained" simply did not exist in that time period. Therefore, I am entirely correct when I say that this is an anachronism. If you still do not agree, then I suggest you look up the word "Anachronism" in a Webster's dictionary. And if you want to see a dipshit, look in the mirror...if you can stand to.

Aug 29 - 06:08 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Sam, who gives a fuck if they never existed. This is a work of fucking fiction. I assume you know what the word "fiction" means?

Aug 29 - 09:53 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

So one minute I'm wrong about something, then when I point out that I am not wrong it's "who cares." It's like talking to an 8-year old. Oh Alex, just you know...I care.

Sep 18 - 11:43 AM

freestylefreak

John Woo

I don't mind Tarantino films, at least the older ones, but after 75 minutes of BORING I had to turn this one off! The storyline is infantile and just seems to drag on and on. I can't imagine being baby sat through another 90 minutes of this snooze-fest. I'd have stood up if I was in the theatres watching this monstrocity of a thing, put my coat on and walked the F out! It got to the point where I was counting the number of times people said the "N" word as opposed to caring what was going on in the movie. Not good. Not good at all.

May 25 - 12:02 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

For the 100th fucking time, the "N" word was a common word that people said casually back in those times. I swear to God, people who use that as a reason that they don't like this movie are so fucking stupid.

May 30 - 01:52 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I think one thing that stands out about Tarantino and this script is that he's already taken full advantage of the word in most of his films so far. He himself says it a few times in Pulp and it's a little weird. In this it's obvious but it's just as convenient as the amplified violence that he also likes to set against racism as a theme in his films. How much further could he go from this point with these themes now that he's gone this far back in time?

May 31 - 08:34 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Weiss.........all you had to say is: "Before you ask, I liked Transformers more than Django Unchained. :)"
And you summed up your critique abilities.

Jun 1 - 11:23 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Eh, you can say it sums up my taste, but even THAT isn't true. I wanted to like Django. I didn't like it. I don't like Jamie Foxx and I'm certain that's a big part of it. Eyes Wide Shut would be one of my top five films if not for Tom Cruise. My 'critique abilities' are just fine.. Grand. When Transformers came out I'm certain many of you flocked and saw it and liked it and wanted more, sadly Michael Bay is actually the most horrible creative mind in Hollywood, but he made one good crowd pleaser that was exactly what it was selling. Django was disappointing to me, I like shit tons of guilty pleasures more than Django- Nightmare on Elm Street 3: the Dream Warriors is in my top 10 favorite films, or movies. I like it more than Django. Kindergarden Cop, so quotable, too funny and how much do I like it? More than Django Unchained. No one is defending why they think Django is good I noticed. I'm pleased enough having an un popular opinion in this realm.

Jun 2 - 06:24 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I like every single one of Tarantino's films by the way, even his segment in Four Rooms. I OWN Django. I bought it AFTER seeing it and not liking it, because I'm a certified Tarantino Fan-boy. I expected more and it didn't deliver what I find to be provocative or intriquing.

Jun 2 - 06:36 AM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

I liked Django Unchained for a few reasons. The performances from Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson were all fantastic. I liked the way that Django's character grew from a timid slave to a badass. And I really liked the German legend that Christoph Waltz told about Siegfried willing to go through anything to rescue Broomhilda because it tied in directly to the story of Django going through "hellfire" to get his wife back because she's worth it. This is just my opinion of why I liked it.

Jun 2 - 03:03 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Good reasons and very eloquently put. I can't wait to see more of Waltz in the future, like in Tim Burton's new movie. No doubt that those performances were done well.

Jun 4 - 07:58 AM

Chase The Lost

What the fuck happened while I was gone?

May 31 - 10:57 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

chase, is that HST on yr pic? It's cool.

May 31 - 12:25 PM

Chase The Lost

HST! You're the first one to guess correctly. Thanks, man. The guy is my favorite journalist of all time. He's the reason I became a writer.

May 31 - 02:12 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

he's awesome. I just got a graphic novel called 'gonzo' (apparently everything must be called 'gonzo' the movie, the scrapbook, steadman's collection..) that I had no idea existed. It's pretty cool. Did u see Rum Diary? I haven't yet because it was the one book I didn't love just because it seemed too modest almost, like he didn't want it to climax or form a narrative with any traditional form. I wrote to him and sent a copy of Screwjack and he wrote me back with it signed a year before he died. Top 5 days of my life :)

May 31 - 02:41 PM

Chase The Lost

That's amazing, brother. Did he send you a liter of Wild Turkey as well? Lol but seriously, I haven't seen The Rum Diary. It was a book he wrote before he became seriously involved with hallucinogens that resulted in the birth of his alter ego, Raoul Duke, whom we were introduced to in his novel Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. The Rum Diary, from what I understand, was very true to his actual personality even though I haven't read it yet.

May 31 - 03:12 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I heard that too. Some characters are melted into one. Johnny Depp found a draft of it in his basement and told him he should publish it. True story, I guess he found tons of dynamite under his bed while chain smoking.

May 31 - 04:04 PM

Chase The Lost

That doesn't surprise me. Johnny and Hunter were actually good friends. Hunter called themselves, "The Too Much Fun Club."

May 31 - 04:24 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I love the pictures of Kate Moss shooting guns at Woody Creek w those guys.

Jun 1 - 11:03 AM

Chase The Lost

Didn't see those! Now I have to look them up.

Jun 1 - 11:48 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I think it's in Kingdom of Fear. A contemporary fave of mine.

Jun 2 - 06:29 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Alex, I think "full of shit" would be more accurate

Jun 1 - 11:12 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Yo Alex, did it ever occur to you that Tarantino might have repeatedly said the "N-word" ad nauseum because he knew it was an easy victory with the PC crowd?

Jun 22 - 06:09 PM

Blondie

No Name

...Or its what they said in those days.

Jun 23 - 03:50 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

I have no idea what you just said. What the fuck does "ad nauseum" men?

Jun 26 - 03:11 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

There'sa trailblazing new site called Google if you don't have an extensive enough vocabulary, you can actually type in those words and suddenly open your eyes to all kinds of things related to it. It would have taken you less time than writing your post.

Jun 27 - 11:36 AM

Norman  R.

Norman Radcliffe

The site is not very new, Michael. If you're gonna be a smart ass, at least write something that makes sense.

Aug 27 - 12:59 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

heh, really? Google's not BRAND NEW?! well there's this BRAND NEW site called WIKIPEDIA, go on there and type in sarcasm, see what you get, I'll wait..

Oct 10 - 07:30 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Alex, do you TRY to sound dumb?

Jul 25 - 07:41 PM

Norman  R.

Norman Radcliffe

You are the last person qualified to be asking that question, fucktard.

Aug 27 - 12:57 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Says the guy who randomly throws in latin into an English sentence. You stupidi pedicabo.

Aug 27 - 01:08 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

I am ENTIRELY qualified to be asking that question, Norman. Oh and Alex, how do you know that the "N-word" was commonly used in those days? You weren't around then. And if you think that sounds stupid just remember: your logic, not mine.

Sep 18 - 11:45 AM

Jake Braden

Jake Braden

You are a disgrace to John Woo. Clearly you're overly sensitive if you walk into an R-rated movie about slavery and can't stand to hear the word nigger being used.
What a maroon!

May 30 - 02:14 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

A maroon, huh? Garbage, I think it's probably BOTH. Just for the record I am not claiming they didn't.

Jun 24 - 04:45 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Da Pitt and Alex, just for the record, I am not claiming that people did not say that word a lot during the slavery. So no, I am not saying I dislike a film just because it has that word a zillion times. What I am saying is that I don't automatically LIKE a film just because it has that word a zillion times. I imagine back in 2011 Mr. Tarantino sat at his desk and said "I'll write a screenplay that will be a quick slam-dunk, an easy victory with limousine liberals." Thanks to people as naive as you two, it worked.

Aug 16 - 08:36 PM

Norman  R.

Norman Radcliffe

Yeah, people only liked it because it used the N word. Sam,do you TRY to sound dumb?

Aug 27 - 12:58 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Hey, Sam. I didn't like the movie because it used the N word. I never said that, so you should just the shut the fuck up with that. I said people shouldn't be using that as a reason to not like it because it was a common term back in those days.

Aug 27 - 01:09 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

It's like walking into a holocaust movie and getting mad when a Jewish person gets killed. Idiocy I tell you. Also about the liberal thing. He is a dumbass for being a liberal

Aug 21 - 02:00 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Brendan, I have nothing bad to say about "Schindler's List." Steven Spielberg knows how to make a movie. Just out of curiosity, WHO is a dumbass for being a liberal?

Aug 23 - 07:10 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

not accusing you, but Tarantino.

Aug 23 - 09:03 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

also, then why didn't you like the n word in this movie. Same difference.

Aug 23 - 09:04 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Norman, do you TRY to sound like you are copying me? You and Alex both...it's kinda creepy.

Sep 18 - 11:47 AM

Mr. Blonde

Mr. Blonde

I don't remember asking you a goddamn thing!

May 21 - 12:44 PM

Luke Dobson

Luke Dobson

I see what you did there.

Nov 6 - 11:37 AM

Ungly Foursixfive

Ungly Foursixfive

This argument is fucking retarded

May 17 - 09:22 PM

EntertainMeOrDie

Liam Neeson Trollfighter

Why? Because you don't like it? Grow up, Tarantino fanboy.

May 20 - 07:03 PM

Walter Scotti

Walter Scotti

In "Inglourious Basterds" Hitler is killed in a movie theater, what the f--k did you expect? This movie isn't supposed to be "historically accurate", it's just supposed to be some dumb fun.

May 17 - 03:54 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Transformers, GI JOE, Die Hard 5, Fast and the Furious = dumb fun. Django isn't a 'dumb fun' kind of popcorn movie. Basterds was much more inventive than this was. I would have much preferred the slight of hand in Basterds where the inaccuracies didn't show themselves and it was shocking. Django was shocking in some moments, but lacked the inventiveness and you really don't care where the story is going in a linear way because it's entirely unpredictable. So much that you don't get to actually know the characters because they are all constantly acting out of the character they have been presented as, except for Samuel L., he was consistent and easy to hate, Leo did well, but I wanted to fear Candie more after their intro to him before meeting him.

May 17 - 12:07 PM

Mr. Blonde

Mr. Blonde

Transformers, GI Joe and Die Hard 5 were all dumb, but they were definitely not fun.

May 22 - 03:03 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Well, Jules, idiots like Michael Weiss consider those movies to be entertainment. Quite sad, really.

May 23 - 03:39 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I only saw Transformers out of all of those, looks like you guys got duped into losing some hours you could have used watching good movies.

May 23 - 04:24 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

But you were the one who was actually entertained by Transformers. (And, news flash, you don't have to see the movies to know that they're shit).

May 23 - 10:01 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

The first Transformers? Yeah i liked the first Transformers. It was very dumb and very fun. I reserve judgement till I've actually seen something usually Jeffer.

May 24 - 05:36 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Before you ask, I liked Transformers more than Django Unchained. :)

May 24 - 05:57 AM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

Wasn't going to but, wow. You may want to think twice before bashing other people's tastes in movies.

May 24 - 08:03 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Yeah, I'll do that. I enjoyed Transformers, I didn't enjoy Django.. and?

May 24 - 08:14 AM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

I understand that this is hard for your brain to understand, so I'll try not to use any big words. You find enjoyment out of a really stupid movie and then you have the audacity (use a dictionary if you must) to say that Alex has bad taste. Come back when you've grown up, please.

May 24 - 01:20 PM

Blondie

No Name

Mr. Parker, I doubt he knows what enjoyment means.

May 24 - 01:29 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Yeah, im an idiot with no vocabulary. You're kinda pathetic defending this film with such intensity. It's a movie. Your opinion is the popular one, so you're right. That still doesn't make me wrong.

May 24 - 02:11 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

I'm really not interested in what a nine year old considers to be pathetic, but you are right about one thing. Opinions aren't right or wrong, but you being an asshole that tries to insult other peoples tastes really isn't cool. And I see that you don't like it when someone else does it to you. So, please stop writing hypocritical responses.

May 24 - 04:02 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Yeah, clearly you're not interested in what I (the apparent 9 year old) think. That's. What keeps you coming back, your lack of care. Now did I run you completely out of material because your insults are getting waaaaay less clever. You're starting to show your age.

May 24 - 04:15 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

'Hard for your brain to understand'? You should be ashamed of that one Jeff. There is literally zero creativity there.

May 24 - 04:31 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Primm as well 'I doubt he knows what enjoyment means.' That's what you're contributing? try just a little bit at least!

May 24 - 04:34 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

I think it's funny how whenever someone points out something about you and your idiocy, you just try to change the subject. Instead of trying to actually defend yourself, you just try to come up with pathetic insults to put other people on the defense. Is it because you have nothing logical to say that will actually make your arguments valid? I don't know, but it sure seems like it. So, I'll just repeat my original argument and then we'll see you try to change the subject again. So, here it goes: Opinions aren't right or wrong, but you being an asshole that tries to insult other peoples tastes really isn't cool. And I see that you don't like it when someone else does it to you. So, please stop writing hypocritical responses.

May 25 - 11:32 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I know this is probably hard for your brain to understand Jeff, but if you think it's so uncool to insult someone's taste in films, why do you chose to do it repeatedly? So you want me to not change your topic and talk about how I'm an asshole? Well, no, not gonna do that. You kids are far more aggressive with your heated and passionate responses than I am. 'Please stop writing hypocritical responses'? That's a pretty funny request. My arguments are completely valid to me, I don't like this movie. I love Tarantino, love Waltz, Like Leo and I wanted to like this movie, I didn't. Enough said, there ya have it. And I am correct in my personal reasoning, no?

May 25 - 11:47 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

But hey, I'm a nine year old and you don't care about my opinion right? Wait, I guess you do... Please stop writing hypocritical responses.

May 25 - 11:49 AM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

Wow, I can't believe how much of what you said that I said isn't true at all.

1. I never said I didn't care about your opinion. I said I don't care what you consider to be pathetic

2. The reason I insulted your opinion was to show you that it isn't cool to do that. I only did it because I've seen you do it on multiple occasions.

3. I never said I wanted you to talk about how much of an asshole you are. I said that you never defend yourself because you can't defend yourself because you have no argument.

So, I hoped this helped.

May 25 - 11:54 AM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

Oh and, 'Hard for your brain to understand'? You should be ashamed of that one, Michael.

May 25 - 11:56 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

This list is hard for my brain to understand. Can you Diagram the sentences as well and maybe add some bullet points or lettered sub categories? This is just a mess of letters. I'm just looking at it and getting pure anxiety and sweats.

May 25 - 11:57 AM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

Once again, you're doing what you do best: Changing the subject because you have no real argument to counter with.

May 25 - 12:07 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Alex, who you rode in on your horse to defend, has been throwing insults around faaaar more than me, you did before I did as well. I really have kept it pretty clean.

May 25 - 12:10 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

If you want a running conversation, ASK A QUESTION! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!

May 25 - 12:12 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

What I wanted was to know why its okay for you to bash other peoples opinions. I think I made that clear about three times. And I think Alex was doing fine before I came in considering that he was smart enough to end his conversation with you a long time ago.

May 25 - 12:21 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

I would've liked an example of when I have ever insulted anyone's opinions aside from yours, but seeing as you have no answer to any of my questions, I don't even care anymore.

May 25 - 12:26 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Yeah, look back at Alex's, you're mistaken.

May 25 - 12:29 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

Yeah, of course you say that because you were part of the argument. Trust me, as an observer of your argument, you got your ass kicked.

May 25 - 12:31 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I never said no one could bash my opinion, I just don't resort to name calling. That doesn't really bother me either unless someone tries to insult MY intelligence with additional name calling. Get it? Bash my opinion.

May 25 - 12:33 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Here's an actual argument about the topic: Alex compared this movie to Cowboys and Aliens which is ludicrous. To say that a Tarantino film could reflect that kind of simple popcorn movie narrative or formula or style is insulting to a film maker like Tarantino. What he was making was an homage to Boss Nigger and Django. Even the kind of contrast made in the genre mash-up isn't as simple as what Favreau did with C&A. So again, apart from simple costume design, you can't compare them. His taste came into question because his only reviewed films are major franchises and Tarantino films. This explains why he would compare this movie to Cowboys and Aliens. He doesn't know about true Spaghetti Westerns and likely doesn't even know the difference between one and a regular Western. See the Searchers if you want to see a perfect film, see the Maltese Falcon. Lawrence of Arabia, The Magnificent Seven.. BRING IT! If you like films, talk real films, not just what's repeating on HBO. Tim Boone had very valid arguments that made me like this movie slightly more because of sideways referencing from movies that I love, he had an educated argument, he didn't just throw the 'fucktards' and 'assholes' and homosexual insults. He possesses a valid learned opinion. Do you have enough of one to expand on this now?

May 25 - 12:45 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

People who don't humor childish insults because they aren't fighting back with childish insults will appear to be getting their ass kicked by someone who's childish enough to enjoy meandering childish insults. So, sure, i got my ass kicked because I didn't fight.

May 25 - 12:51 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

trust me Jeff. You're not the only one that thinks he's a dumbass and doesn't like to directly comment on your argument.

May 29 - 12:56 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Oh no! Wordsworth thinks I'm a dumbass, I'm crushed.

May 29 - 02:40 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Congrats on the second sentence there by the way. When you form an entire paragraph you can thank me for the encouragement.

May 29 - 02:47 PM

Blondie

No Name

Sorry for the bad reply, Mr. Weiss. I had better things to do than sitting here arguing with people.

May 30 - 02:48 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Hey, don't mention it pimpcicle, I remain at work with NOTHING better to do! :)

May 30 - 05:41 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Durden's you don't have to answer him. He already knows how much of a loser he is. The dude has no life.

Aug 21 - 02:03 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Does a loser pork yr mom in the ass and wipe his dick on yr pillow?

Oct 8 - 08:15 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Michael Weiss, THANKS! Somebody who gets it. BTW, I did see the Transformers movie and though it was cool even though robots don't turn into cars. Again, the whole "Genre" issue. Once again, I just have to say something to Brandan Sullivan: SHUT THE FUCK UP. You know damn well I respond directly to your arguments...such as they are. Now go pop a pimple.

Jun 22 - 06:18 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

garabe totally right. Michael Weiss has nothing better to do than hit on rt and give bullshit after bullshit of arguments. By the way Sam...fucken make me. What the fuck are you going to do besides sit on the computer and act like you're tough. Also, I wasn't even talking about you dumbass.

Jun 23 - 08:34 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Oh my God, the kid can't even spell profanity correctly. Just out of curiosity, did you change your photo on account of my comments? Nice nostrils, by the way...

Jun 24 - 04:48 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

well, "by your vast knowledge of how to spell" you would think you would know how to spell fucken right. Dude, also by the way bull your head out of your ass. You're hotter than me...on what planet. Besides, the camera is pointing up dumbass. An intelligent arguer wouldn't have to go to the lengths of making fun of someones appearance.

Jun 29 - 08:46 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Aw come on Brendan! Have a sense of humor. People like you are like toys that don't need batteries.

Aug 23 - 07:17 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

again admit the fact that you were wrong.

Aug 23 - 09:05 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Me? About what?

Sep 18 - 11:48 AM

Hasib Azizi

Hasib Azizi

Thanks for the Spoiler bitch.

May 20 - 08:04 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

It's been out since December, dude. If you had any interest in seeing it you would've done it by now.

Jun 15 - 01:24 AM

Chase The Lost

Yeah, really.

Jun 16 - 12:22 PM

Josh G.

Josh Galbraith

Let's tackle this point by point. To Rebut: Assuming your first sentence was meant as sarcasm, Quentin Tarantino (henceforth QT) is a movie buff, and all of his movies are simply spins on previously released material. He doesn't want to make something nobody's ever thought of before, he wants to put his own spin on something that he watched growing up. Have you ever seen a western before? Specifically a spaghetti western (for which QT himself has said he was mimicking.) Please tell me you're not serious about historical accuracies in western movies. If you are, then you have completely failed to grasp the purpose of fictional cinema. In addition, there is never once a depiction of the KKK in this film. If you heard anyone mention that name, you watched a different movie than I did. Also, that scene with the pre-klan bigots was hilarious and as far as I can tell, was still filmed in line with the western genre. I almost don't want to point this out, but this movie is technically a Hollywood movie (as opposed to Bollywood, or indie?)and therefore "Hollywood style" anything could be applied to it. Let me sum up what, based on your review, you are looking for... You would like to see a western drama, that was actually filmed in the 1850's so as to be 100% accurate, with no humor and a story line in which the protagonist dies within the first 30 seconds, because all of the antagonists are more accurate with pistols. I would not watch your movie, nor would anybody else. I would, however watch a QT movie, because he has imagination and flair and presents to us an enjoyable escape from reality, which is the number on thing any fictional movie should strive to do. One last thing: the costumes Jamie Foxx wore were supposed to be ridiculous, that was part of the humor of the movie, which you've already established that you were upset with any kind of humor or non-fictional elements. I would recommend never going to see a movie again if I were you, as you will only ever be disappointed if you're looking for non-fiction...

May 16 - 07:05 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Sometimes people don't like movies no matter how popular they are to like. I love Tarantino and Waltz and I think this was in Tarantino's worst films with Jackie Brown and Four Rooms. Do those movies suck? Not really, but they're no Pulp Fiction/Basterds/Reservoir Dogs.

May 16 - 11:17 AM

Josh G.

Josh Galbraith

Well if we're ranking his movies, none of them are Pulp Fiction. I agree it's not his best movie ever, but to bash it for being historically inaccurate is pretty silly. I mean, I know Inglorious Basterds was basically a documentary of exactly what happened in real life, but still, this movie shouldn't be shunned for being fiction ;P

May 16 - 11:25 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Are you being sarcastic about Basterds being accurate? Basically if Basterds were real history, WWII would be CALLED something else entirely as only 13 American soldiers would have ended the war before Normandy. The audience wasn't clued in entirely until the huge historical figures died in very inaccurate ways. I liked that. I just didn't like Jamie Foxx that much either, I really wish Will Smith would have accepted the role, he may have made the role endearing.

May 16 - 04:27 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

I hope you weren't being serious when you asked if he was being sarcastic.

May 16 - 05:54 PM

Josh G.

Josh Galbraith

Yeah I'm personally glad Will Smith didn't take the roll. I've never really thought of him as a versatile actor. He's funny, and flashy, but neither of those things would have helped this movie. Jamie Foxx has proven time and again that he has a much broader ability to act than Will Smith. I liked Django but I can certainly understand how someone wouldn't like it. I just didn't think the OP presented any valid arguments of why not to like the movie. You can't slam a fictional movie for being fictional. At least you can't do it and retain any credibility. The fact that this movie was a Blaxploitation/Spaghetti Western mash-up just makes bashing it for being inaccurate all the more ludicrous. My initial post was simply pointing out that you can't bash Tarantino for making a historically inaccurate film, because to even begin to make that an issue is just incredibly ignorant.

May 17 - 12:20 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

are YOU being serious asking me if I was being serious when i asked if HE was serious, seriously?!

May 16 - 06:11 PM

Josh G.

Josh Galbraith

LOL

May 17 - 12:14 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

If you thought that he was serious when he called Basterds a true story, you're a fucking dipshit.

May 18 - 03:01 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Wow Alex, again with the super strong feelings. Settle down, have a cigarette or something.

May 18 - 05:26 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Interesting. That was the second time that you avoided answering my question. This leads me to believe that you are a fucking dipshit who really thought that Josh Galbraith was being serious when he called Inglorious Basterds a historically accurate movie. Since you have said nothing to prove otherwise, this is the only conclusion: You are an idiot. Feel free to actually answer my question this time or just post some more irrelevant shit further proving my point.

May 18 - 08:57 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

'Did u call muah a dipshit?' I just don't humor children who enjoy movies like Amazing Spiderman and Episode 3. You're just a kid who likes franchise films and I can't relate to that. Watch more films that aren't female repellant and maybe you can get laid one day and you won't feel the need to attempt to showcase your false superiority though the internet.

May 19 - 07:29 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

It's cute that you actually went onto my page to try and insult me. Sorry, kid, that shit don't work on me. You know why? Because I know the difference between someone who is really trying to insult me and someone who is just trying to evade my question for a third consecutive time. And you're doing a pretty shitty job of trying to accomplish it. So, are you done playing your childish games? You wanna answer my question now? I know you don't want to answer truthfully because you know it will make you look stupid. But I'd still like to know.

May 20 - 01:07 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Isn't that cute? I thought it was too. I wasn't serious when I asked that, I'm not really serious on here whatsoever. You are, you take this all very seriously.

May 20 - 03:20 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Because you're a child with a computer and a lot of free time.

May 21 - 01:19 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

And Django was basically the same thing as Cowboys and Aliens according to you right?

May 21 - 02:20 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Two historically inaccurate westerns? That sounds about right.

May 21 - 09:49 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I would say that almost all Westerns are historically inaccurate. The Searchers, all of Clint Eastwood's films.. Tombstone and Red River are only two I can think of that would claim to be more than fictional. How many Westerns have you seen? Would you say that Django is the same thing as Wild Wild West? There's no Spiderman or Jedi in WWW but if you haven't seen it, I think it's right up YOUR alley.

May 22 - 11:05 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

If all westerns are historically inaccurate, then why do people bitch about Django being inaccurate? And yeah, I saw Wild Wild West about twelve years ago. I don't even remember what its about. So, I don't know why that was even brought up. And why would there be Spider-man or Jedi in it? That doesn't make any sense. Are you on LSD or something?

May 22 - 12:01 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Aw, did all of that go over your head? Not surprising.

May 22 - 01:17 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Just so we're clear: Because I gave a Spider-Man movie a B grade and Revenge of the Sith a C grade, you believe that I would only like a western movie with Spider-Man and Jedis? How fucking stupid are you?

May 22 - 03:00 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

I am completely baffled by the lack of brain cells you used to come to your conclusion.

May 22 - 03:01 PM

Mr. Blonde

Mr. Blonde

Keep in mind, Alex: this was the nigga who said that GI Joe, Transformers and Die Hard 5 were all "dumb fun." This nigga ain't got no right to criticize anybody's movie tastes.

May 22 - 03:05 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

What I'm saying Alex is that you don't know shit about movies if you think Cowboys and Aliens is the same thing as Django Unchained. Its obvious in your taste in movies that you basically stick to franchises and have no real opinion beyond Jedi and Spiderman, maybe some Harry Potter? Twilight?

May 22 - 06:35 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

You visited my page. Did you not look to see what I wrote under 'favorite movie'? And Jules is right, by the way.

May 22 - 06:37 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

And I never said that Django Unchained and Cowboys and Aliens were the same thing. I said, "two historically inaccurate westerns." And I'm right, as usual. Learn to read, fucktard.

May 22 - 06:45 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Yeah ok Alex, Pulp Ficion is your favorite movie. That explains why you're writing on this very page.. and? Is there a point?

May 23 - 07:16 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Also, explains why Jules is- instead of walking the Earth.

May 23 - 07:20 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

I'll make this simple: I'm right, you're wrong. Move on.

May 23 - 12:34 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

You're pretty simple so you should probably keep things as simple as possible.

May 23 - 02:01 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

Come on, Michael. Surely, you can do better than that.

May 23 - 03:52 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I've said it all on this thread really. I'm not going to throw any 'fucktards' or 'dipshits' out there because I think name calling is senseless and redundant unless you can be creative with it.

May 23 - 04:28 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

It's true, no one blasts Young Guns or Saving Private Ryan or any other movie for being a piece of fiction set in a different period. Although Private Ryan has a few problems, (the storyteller being the guy who wasn't there for 3/4 of the film) but with this movie specifically I think the concept would be more interesting if the setup led you to believe that it WAS accurate. It's like it could be easier to relate to if this time line could lead to ours. My beef with it is just in finding more enjoyable characters and seeing the actors I love, like Waltz, being a little more 'fish-in-water.' He was ridiculously cast in Green Hornet, although he's one of the few things that makes it watchable, but I really want to see more with him and have it be believable. The German speaking Hilda and the appearance of the worst Aussie accents ever took me completely out of the story.

May 17 - 12:39 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I know what you mean about Will Smith, but I think he has potential BEYOND what he's done thus far. He's not an AMAZING actor, but I want to see him do something different. Tarantino saw something in him and I think I see the same thing.

May 17 - 12:44 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Dear Josh, I'm glad to know you thought it was hilarious. I just sat there thinking it was really dumb. Also, I must confess that, no, I do not know what a spaghetti western is. ? Who knows, perhaps my critics are right. After all, 94% thought it was good. Maybe Tarantino DOES have his own special genre. But to be honest, I don't think so. I think SOME rules are not meant to be broken. I'll tell you one thing though; I think I'll watch that movie again some day. After all, I've received such, ahem, bombast for my views. If I do, I'll let you know.

May 16 - 10:29 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Like I said before. You can an opinion, but when those reasonings behind the opinion are flawed then I have a problem.

May 17 - 08:39 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Thank you Brandan. The said has spoken. Now that I've thought about it, however, there is something else I must say about Galbraith's remark. Have you ever seen "Unforgiven?" I liked that movie a lot. I am mentioning this just to point out that, no, I do not automatically dislike a movie just because it is a Western. Come to think of it, I thought "Brokeback Mountain," albeit constantly lampooned and ridiculed, was a well-made film. But "Django Unchained" does not have the premise, conflict or character development of either of these films. It's just silly. Face it, this movie sucks.

Jun 22 - 06:24 PM

Rami Nawfal

Rami Nawfal

@ Sam: You see, the thing is, this movie doesn't suck. There is nothing to "face". And comparing a film like that to Brokeback Mountain is just ridiculous. Doesn't have the character development or conflict? You must be joking. And another thing, what are you still doing here? You do know you're not going to sway the minds of the majority, right? Your arrogance doesn't help either.

Jun 23 - 04:27 AM

Josh G.

Josh Galbraith

How old are you? It's surprising that someone who wants to be taken seriously as a critic for a movie that is defined as a homage to spaghetti westerns has no idea what that is. It's okay if you don't understand the humor in Quentin Tarantino movies. But to say it's overrated because you don't understand it is a bit conceited don't you think? I remember when I went to the theater to see Grindhouse, 75% of the people in the audience left after the first 10 minutes. Why do people who have no taste for his brand of violence insist on going to see his movies? If you have no interest in the genre, why watch the movie? In addition, why would you then write a review bashing a movie for being the kind of movie you had no interest in seeing to begin with?

Jun 5 - 10:55 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Oh one other thing. I do not believe Jamie Foxx's costume added to any hilarity in this film. If you ask me, there wasn't any. This is not to say "wacky" stuff can't be funny. Just one example: the scene in "Ghost" where Whoopi Goldberg had to give the 4 million dollars to the nun. I was only 12 when I saw that movie and I almost passed out laughing. But Jamie Foxx in that outfit doesn't strike me as humorous. I found it queer and rather silly. Out of place, you know?

May 16 - 10:45 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Rami Nawfal, what you just said was pretty weak. What I'm still doing here is responding to comments. Are you cool with that? When I don't, I get criticized for not defending my beliefs. As for not swaying the minds of the majority, that is an interesting point. In light of that, I'd like to mention two things: first of all, we're here to talk about movies, not win a Nobel Prize. Or in other words, this is RottenTomatoes, not the People's Court. However, this evening I happened to notice that my post has more comments, and more RECENT comments, than any other post regarding Django Unchained. I've noticed more of the commentators are on my side, as well. So perhaps I HAVE swayed minds a bit. SO THERE.

Jul 25 - 07:53 PM

Rodrigo Garcia

Rodrigo Garcia

Tarantino= You lovehim or you hatehim

May 14 - 09:05 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

I can honestly say I neither love nor hate this man.

May 16 - 10:46 PM

Adriana Albarrán

Adriana Albarrán

Come on guys... Sam McCrea is the vivid example of what you call a troll.
Is evident from his first impression of the movie, he is not into Tarantino's movies... He doesn't understand the genre, he doesn't understand simple facts about Tarantino's way of making movies... for god sake all this: "This movie lacks of history accuracy" is on the edge of idioticy.
So obviously our friend here have you arguing about a idiotic misleading about a Tarantino movie just for the joy of it because he is a master troll... or he is just an idiot... whatever... in both cases it doesn't worths the pain guys... just leave him.

May 12 - 10:20 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

It would be less sad if he was a trool i mean troll, but sadly he's not

May 13 - 06:37 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Speaking of trolls, what's this new pic of yours?

May 16 - 11:12 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Idioticy, huh? Brendan, you don't think I'm a troll? I'm blushing.

May 16 - 10:29 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

No that's the sad part of this occurrence

May 17 - 08:40 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Adriana Albarran. I have been accused of being conceited. However, I have to say that you know darn well I am no troll. Look at my pic. Also, I love the way you claim that I am not worth commenting about. As if you....aren't?

Jun 22 - 06:28 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Sam...............you really use a lot of HOT AIR

May 11 - 05:15 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

I use it?

May 11 - 08:10 PM

Tim Menke

Tim Menke

So one minute it's a serious historical fiction called "Django Unchained," the next minute it's "Blazing Saddles," and then before you know it it's "Star Wars."

Well seeing as how this is a Quentin Tarantino film, I think you can pretty much throw out "serious historical fiction." I mean c'mon, within the first couple minutes Waltz's character blows the heads off a man and a horse in a gloriously over the top scene.(and buckets upon buckets of fake blood)

"Is this a Quentin Tarantino film or a Mel Brooks film?"

LOL, you do know what a Quentin Tarantino film is, right?

May 7 - 10:45 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

I liked Pulp Fiction better.

May 11 - 07:42 PM

Tim Menke

Tim Menke

You're welcome to your own opinion, but this is a Tarantino film. You said you've seen Tarantino films before, but then complain about everything that comprises his type of films. They are random, over-the-top cinema with the sole purpose of entertainment. He entices you with clever writing and excellent acting(Christoph Waltz), then he splatters you with moments of pure, non-thinking, over the top action. The way he's able to seamlessly blend the two while throwing in his own unique humor is brilliant.

If you take this film seriously, then you're doing it wrong. If you don't like this type of film, that's your own opinion, but don't fault it for what it is.

May 7 - 10:31 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

At first it did seem like it was intended as a serious, plausible work of historical fiction. Or perhaps I've read too many Michener novels. But the point is that the theme of the film appeared to alter in my view from one scene to the next and that is flaky. The dialogue of a film grows and changes, but the theme should remain the same.

May 16 - 10:31 PM

David G.

David Gee

I've seen six of Tarantino's films, and this is the only one that I would not watch again. My reasoning is simple: the further along the movie went, the more stupid it got. Especially from the point where Django tricks the guys into giving him a gun forward it felt like the movie was written by a 12-year old. The final shootout was so predictable and childish it pretty much ruined what little was left to ruin for me. Just my opinion.

May 7 - 11:16 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

So you liked everything until the last ten minutes?

May 7 - 12:50 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

nice alex. I was about to say the same thing.

May 8 - 06:54 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

David: thank you. Alex, he said "The further along the movie went, the more stupid it got." That could have started anywhere. He only claims the stupidity PEAKS in the final scene. So no, Alex, he is not saying he liked everything until the last ten minutes. By the way, even if that were true, the last ten minutes could easily ruin an otherwise good movie. If Romeo and Juliet just said "oh, forget about running away" and she got a new boyfriend and he went to London as an exchange student would it still be considered a pinnacle love story? I don't think so.

May 11 - 07:52 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

The way he worded it just confused me.

May 12 - 12:09 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Okay.

May 16 - 10:35 PM

Gary Ugarek

Gary Ugarek

Overrated, like your use of grammar?

How can I, take your comment/review seriously when you can't even spell the director's name correctly and yet if you just looked to the right when posting your drivel the correct spelling was right in front of you.

Apr 30 - 04:33 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

yeah and he tries to make fun of everyone else's grammar.

Apr 30 - 11:26 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

The last time my grammar was rated was when I was in school. I apologize if my 17-SENTENCE critique contains a typo. Your two-sentence remark contains one as well. That comma after "how can I" is wrong. In other words, GIVE ME A BREAK. So I make fun of EVERYONE else's grammar Brendan? Do I? And just out of curiosity, where the heck DID I misspell Tarantino?

May 4 - 10:02 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

You actually misspelled "Quentin" in your first sentence.

May 4 - 11:18 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

But it was just a ty-po, so it's not a big deal.

May 5 - 11:00 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Thank you.

May 11 - 07:54 PM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

tell us how you do everything correctly

May 4 - 09:56 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

ME??

May 11 - 07:54 PM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Gary, you need to be burped now, I suppose........

May 11 - 05:17 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Oh and Gary, there is one more thing that really should be said about your snively remark: even if I DID misspell the guy's name, that is not an error in grammar, it's an error in spelling. Let's stick to the language we've all agreed on. An error in grammar would be something like your comma mistake I pointed out. Oh, the irony. You know there's an old saying: "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

Sep 18 - 11:53 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I agree, way over-rated. Good (not great) MOVIE, not a great FILM whatsoever. This isn't art house or Oscar worthy, but it's not terrible. Tarantino's (2nd) cameo is his worst performance yet and drops the films integrity by about 20%. Waltz is the only thing close to an endearing character you can get behind. SLJ's role was only inserted for stereotypical shock value that I thought fell flat. I love Tarantino and thought this was his worst film after Jackie Brown. I wanted more attention to detail. In the opening my friend and I said in unison 'his teeth are waaaaay to pearly blue/white!' for a 1800s white trash country asshole no less.

Apr 27 - 09:57 AM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

lol whatever you say buddy

Apr 28 - 03:03 PM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

Michael Weiss, I have to say, I disagree with some of your statements;
First of all, what constitutes what is 'art house' or a 'FILM'? Does the movie not have enough of an artsy,self-important vibe? How can a tiny cameo in a long, intense, epic movie ruin the whole thing, I don't get that..That's your opinion though, but as far as SLJ's role being "only inserted for stereotypical shock value"(that "fell flat"), I think you're only seeing one side of a multi-faceted, very complex character/performance. In fact, SLJ's character/performance, IMHO, is one of the most fascinating aspects of the movie in many ways.

If you pay close attention, you'll see that SLJ's 'Stephen' is putting on an act in front of everyone; he does the whole exaggerated(and brilliant)Uncle Tom schtick in front of the other slaves, and guests and what not, but if you pay attention to the subtle, yet very profound differences in his personality when he's out there in front of everyone, and the moments when he's being himself; when he and Calvin Candie step into the library for their private conversation in which Stephen reveals his suspicions about Django,Schultz, and Broomhilda, Stephen has a whole different demeanor, he's like another character. His accent changes, he has complete relaxed confidence, he's more articulate, and generally has a completely different demeanor about him. He also reveals his true character at the climax, when he drops his cane and stands up straight to confront Django.

Stephen is a fascinating character; all at once, he's a despicable human being, the lowest of the low, for turning against his own kind and being just as evil, if not more so, than the slavemaster(s), But, at the same time, it can be argued that slavery is such a harrowing experience and is so soul shattering, that this man likely has much self-loathing and can even be seen as sympathetic, making him, at once, simultaneously the most despicable And the most sympathetic character in the film, if you think about it.

As far as the opening, are you referring to Dr. King Schultz that has the way too white pearly whites? Because, if so, you should definitely pay more attention; Schultz is a respectable, sophisticated, cultured man from Germany, not a white trash country asshole, and by the way, he's a DENTIST. Also, did you see Calvin Candie's 'pearly whites'?

May 3 - 08:33 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

It's the white trash country assholes moving all the slaves with all the pearly whites.

May 3 - 09:56 AM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

Well, the fact that Calvin Candie was shown to have horribly rotted teeth, and Mr. Stonesipher with the dogs and all those greasy grimy guys in that group, these things prove to me that Tarantino's choice to have the Speck brothers have somewhat normal looking teeth, this is clearly not an oversight. In fact, you're arguing that an inaccurate, stereotypical attribute would have been preferable to what's onscreen. It would be an oversight to have all of the characters having 'pearly whites', and the same goes for having none of the characters having pearly whites. The type of greasy dirty characters of Mr. Stonesipher and those guys, they're clearly filthy caricatures of dirty hillbillies, but not every character in the movie is like this, nor should they be. While the Speck brothers are despicable, narrow minded people, clearly, it's obvious that they're somewhat civilized, at least as far as their hygiene and grooming seem to be, and that is good 'attention to detail'. If all the characters were just these filthy hillbillies then it would be a lazy, overly simplistic, one-sided oversight, IMO.

May 3 - 10:16 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Alright Tim, I gotcha. I have to admit I was a smidge biased as well because I thought the design of True Grit would have been something to aspire for in a movie like this. The teeth were terrible! It's the TONE of white, though, without fluoride how could you get that blue/white?! I know that's psychotic, but that was where my mind went.

May 3 - 11:28 AM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

Well, I do feel ya there, and I've thought about the same thing, I love how they portrayed these characters on True Grit, and something like that would have been appealing, though of course I do still stand by what I said, but I definitely see your point..

May 3 - 11:37 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Quick question: Did you hate the movie Cowboys & Aliens because director Jon Favreau didn't "read a freshman American history textbook" while making the film?

Apr 27 - 09:27 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

apples and oranges!

Apr 27 - 09:45 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

How so? They're both works of fiction. Neither of them have a disclaimer that says "Based on a true story." The characters never existed. There are certain elements in both of them had didn't exist at the time (or ever). The list of similarities goes on and on.

Apr 27 - 04:04 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Frist of all, you ARE using the costume design and era as a jump off point so don't pretend you're not. Second, Cowboys and Aliens is a western themed SCIENCE FICTION piece based on a comic book, Django is a genre mashup based on an original screenplay by a writer that focuses on Crime/Drama and very specific sub genre themes from our cinema's history. Tarantino's 'universe' is really just like ours except for that every story that plays out generally just leads to a very messy room full of blood and bodies. There are many period pieces that are fiction that are still mildly educational about the era. Cowboys and Aliens is a movie, Django Unchained is actually a movie as well, but all of the 'high brows' think it's a film because it came out just in time to get a lot of attention from the Academy.

Apr 29 - 10:15 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

No shit, Michael. How long did it take you to figure out that I was comparing these movies because they're both "westerns"? I never hid that fact, you dipshit. And you can list off all the reasons why they are different and try to convince yourself that you're right. But you're not...and you know it.

Apr 29 - 02:33 PM

Gary Ugarek

Gary Ugarek

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, one is about slavery, the other aliens?

Yeah I don't really see the connection. Guess I am a dipshit too.

Apr 30 - 04:34 AM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Both fiction, yet one is criticized for not being factually correct. Try actually comprehending things before you respond, Gary.

Apr 30 - 04:39 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I wouldn't say their the same thing, because I would compare cowboys and aliens with John Carter. I get what you are saying and I would compare this movie to Godfather. Fictional movie that set in a realistic setting

Apr 30 - 11:29 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Yeah, I'm 'wrong' for not liking this film. ALso, you're right, this is basically just a Cowboys and Aliens ripoff, you're such an educated film buff.

Apr 29 - 07:28 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Never said you were wrong for not liking this film, genius. But your reasons are bullshit.

Apr 30 - 04:38 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Yes, my personal reasons for not liking this film are bullshit. I'm very flattered that have such passionate concerns with my thoughts and feelings about this movie.

May 1 - 07:13 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Brendan, comparing it to John Carter misses the mark. Cowboys and Aliens is a genre mashup, like Blade Runner (sci-fi/noir) or From Dusk Till Dawn (crime/horror) or Sukiyaki Western Django / Kung Fu Hustle (almost too obvious)

May 1 - 07:24 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

It's a science fiction movie about Aliens in a Civil War time period. It's the same thing. Just because one is on mars and one is on earth doesn't mean they're different.

May 1 - 05:47 PM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

Actually, both movies, Cowboys and Aliens, and Django Unchained are genre mashups. Cowboys and Aliens is a mashup of westerns and science fiction; Django Unchained is a mashup of (spaghetti)westerns and Blaxploitation.
While the Science Fiction aspect of Cowboys and Aliens may leave more room for over the top fantastical things than Blaxploitation does, in obvious ways, Blaxploitation and the Spaghetti Western are much heightened fiction styles, and both genres are painfully obviously far removed from reality. Yes, employing filmmaking techniques that provide a sense of realism during the more serious scenes is something that's happening in Django Unchained, and the Basic scenario and facts in the story, such as the whole slavery thing, those things are meant to be taken seriously, but generally, most of the moments in the film are obviously way over the top, cartoonish, and exaggerated, and it's plain as day that it is meant as an over the top, entertaining spectacle, with some very hard and painful truths at the heart of it, but when a movie is so clearly embracing the fantastical and paying homage to all these other movies and fluctuating in tone in such a colorful way, I just don't get it why people are bothered about the amount of realism or the lack thereof, in the picture..

May 3 - 08:46 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I would agree with that for the most part. The realism doesn't bother me so much as the attention to detail. I'm gonna answer something from up above right here - Tarantino's 2nd cameo in the film. I feel that a Best Picture or a movie that scores above 90% in anyone's rating should be a near perfect representation of what the collaborators are getting across. His performance is like watching bad karaoke. It made me uncomfortable, but not in the 'good' ways that you experience in Film school with films by Kuchor or Ono or any of THAT horrible shit. Have you seen Sukiyaki Western Django? Tarantino's opening dialogue in that would completely ruin the film if it weren't for the fact that it stands apart from all of the rest of it and doesn't even appear to matter in the grand sceme of that one. Not exactly a masterpiece though. I would like to say that my harshness with this movie is because i LOVE Tarantino AND Waltz.

May 3 - 10:04 AM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

Right on, I love Tarantino and Waltz as well, and I agree that Tarantino's role may have been more effective and less distracting if played by someone else, though I can't help but wonder if he wanted to do this cameo as an homage to Sergio Leone; In the opening titles of 'For a Few Dollars More', Sergio Leone's name appears and then gets 'shot away' and explodes into smithereens, if you recall(if you've seen the movie), and when Tarantino had himself get blown up, there's obviously no question he was paying homage to Leone here; I'm not sure if that was his sole reason for doing the cameo, but it's an interesting point to consider, if you haven't thought of it, though, acknowledging this likely won't make the performance more effective in your eyes, but still, it's something to consider. Which reminds me, I haven't heard anyone mention the other big Sergio Leone homage; the climax when Stephen is calling Django a "SON OF A.." with the "..BITCH" being covered up by the explosion, just like Tuco being interrupted while saying the same thing to Blondie on "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"..

I'm ashamed to say, I haven't seen Sukiyaki Western Django. I'm a big fan of Takashi Miike, and a huge spaghetti western fan, but, again, I'm ashamed to say, I was following Sukiyaki Western Django before it even came out, and was looking forward to watching it, but at the time, although I was then a big spaghetti western fan, I had not yet seen the original Django, and I knew it likely wasn't essential to view before Sukiyaki, I preferred to watch Django first. Of course, I have seen the original Django since then, years ago, but I still haven't gotten around to watching Sukiyaki Western Django..

May 3 - 10:34 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

THANK YOU! I'm certain you're correct looking back and that's pretty bad ass. I was looking for broad Western themes like Leone stuff or Magnificent Seven and was a little upset to not see any of it. I finished The Dark Tower last summer and I loved how the back bone to many of the stories was very equal parts Fantasy and Western when boiled down to the thematic elements. This is why the entire stretch of Django and Candie traveling with the group was a little boring to me. The Dialogue was soooooo solid, but to me the whole movie comes to a halt and then the third act gets pretty weird I thought.

May 3 - 11:22 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Alex, I haven't responded to your remark because I have not seen that movie. However, I believe anachronisms, or let's just say any type of impossibility is acceptable only if it's an integral part of the premise/plot of the film. For example, in the 60's there was a movie made called "Time Machine." You know the one about a guy who sits on his sled and goes through time? I don't object to that, even though there has never been a working time machine. etc..

May 11 - 08:00 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Like everyone's been saying. It's a movie, second that's not the KKK, for more than half your argument you talk about rubush, 3rd you try to throw random star wars in there without giving any reasoning (for being as smart as you think you are you would think you wouldn't make a rookie mistake. Explain everything you say or at least hint at what your saying), and again your taking this too seriously. This is a movie and apparently you've need see one, because most action movies are way over the top. Don't watch an action movie if you're expecting a realitic movie. Do you know why your argument is invalid now? Now try and go around arguing against me like you've done for every comment I've said. P.S. you just did what I said in my last statement. Apparently you're not smart enough to know what a philosophy term is.
Here you go same. Here's the "hard comment" for you

Apr 25 - 06:50 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

now try and go around my "hard comment" like you always do.

Apr 25 - 06:51 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Brendan, okay, first of all I know it's a movie. That's kinda why I rated it. Second, for the HUNDREDTH time, I DON'T CARE. There is no historical reference/historical accuracy for the idiots wearing the potato sacks at that time period. THEREFORE I say it is an anachronism. I do not like anachronisms. I have explained this to you many times. Hopefully that will finally get this through your little head. What, do you need it in SPANISH? I'm glad to you know you think I'm smart. If you saw "Star-Wars" you would have noticed there is scene after scene where the evil Empire warriors would always miss when they attempted to shoot, say, Luke Skywalker. I used this merely as an example. Others abound. Your comment that I am taking this too seriously is baseless. I'll take this as seriously as I want, thank you very much. You imply that Django Unchained is an action movie. Is it? Because I am still not certain where its genre falls as I made clear in my review. It does not stick to a particular genre, premise or theme...and that sucks. No, I do not see why my argument is invalid now and I don't think you REALLY see it either...though I do see that you still suck at grammar and punctuation. I don't dislike all action movies; I loved Dirty Harry. I don't dislike all films that are unrealistic: I loved Ferris Bueller's Day Off. It's not like the words "Save Ferris" would really be written on the screen at a Chicago Cubs game. However, in both of those films, the fantastical elements FIT the premises of the film. OKAY??? One other thing; would you please stop pretentiously talking about a "philosophy term" and about how I should know what one is? Look, you're cute and I think it's great you passed a freshmen philosophy class but seriously: GET OVER YOURSELF.

Apr 26 - 07:21 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

if you don't realize that this movies fails into two categories than you don't watch movies that much. It falls into action/adventure and drama which is quite obvious. It's a fictional movies that's set in a realistic setting. It doesn't have to be historically accurate. You've never heard of Godfather. Same thing a fictional movie set in a realistic setting. Also, the Star Wars example is so retarded. There's tons of reasons why those shots miss, but I'm not going to get into that. We're not talking about that movie. Also, a person makes fun of someone else's grammar because they feel insecure.Next how doesn't "fantastical elements fit this movie"? Like I said before its an action movie and its suppose to be over the top with things like bullets missing as being normal for the movie. Last note is important. You are taking this too seriously. You come onto a movie rating website to scream out your ideas of a movie that most people loved. You then try and through your ideas out like a man on a mission to get people on here to get angry of your post. You succeed at that point you did get me angry. Now just grow up and go back to your "meaningful" arguments of movies that are well liked. You believe that you know what you're talking about when you don't realize is your arguments are invalid. When someone points those flaws out you try and rip their grammar or hit them personally. You're probably going to say it's not true, but there's like 100 people on here that will back me up. Now I'm done with you because I've said my peace and "preached" my thoughts and yet you give me garage like the comment you just did. P.S. forgot to say. You can't tell someone to "GET OVER YOURSELF" when you try and flaunt how smart you are almost every comment you post. Congrats your a thesaurus writer. Now fuck off and go back to pretending to be cool. Tool!

Apr 26 - 09:57 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

You're cute.

May 4 - 10:11 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

you're pathetic

May 4 - 11:44 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Brendan, you called this an action movie... It's not

Apr 27 - 09:59 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Historical inaccuracies can be awesome. Basterds was inspired and awesome! This wasn't inventive or interesting to me at all in the sense that I ever wanted to see the civil rights movement portrayed in this way, I wasn't bothered about the in accuracies of the Klan thing happening, that was among my favorite scenes really. The fat that Aussies, Germans and German speaking slaves were happening in this reality to this small group of people in the deep south reeeeeeally bothered me. I want to believe that these people could realistically know each other geographically. This was Michael Parks worst role ever.

Apr 27 - 10:13 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I understand what you're saying, but Sam's taking this too far. When it comes down to it is the fact that it's a movie. I just for entertainment and wasn't going for history accuracy

Apr 27 - 05:53 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Also I think it still was an action/adventure movie.

Apr 27 - 05:54 PM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

Your arguments make no sense to me Michael Weiss. And yes, it is an action movie lol, how is it not? And Michael Parks' worst role? He barely said two words, what are you talking about? lol and the fact that anyone can be bothered about historical accuracy in a movie with this exaggerated tone, it's just baffling to me, sorry to say.

Apr 28 - 02:59 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

This guys is almost as bad as Sam.

Apr 28 - 05:15 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

There were no action sequences with any inventiveness, he's taken to absurd action shots that happen in an instant. Watch Candie's sister get shot with the sound off. I love 2pac too and thought his song in it was horribly placed and ridiculous, like the whole soundtrack to A Knight's Tale.

Apr 28 - 05:48 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

As for the historical accuracy, I don't need it, but this seemed like a movie where he only bent reality enough for Christoph Waltz to play a significant role in a story that takes place in this part of the world at this time. That's just about all this movie seemed like to me personally. I like Christoph Waltz a lot too, I'm also a huge Tarantino fan, both reasons make me dislike this movie even more passionately.

Apr 28 - 05:55 PM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

In other words, I think, what you're getting at, is that you think it was too much of a stretch to have a character like Waltz in this story. My question is: how does that seem implausible, at all? Have there not been Many European immigrants coming to the states? You have got to be kidding me. I don't understand your logic here at all, but maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

May 3 - 08:51 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

It's not that he's German, it's that they add Foxx's wife's character as German speaking which is just a plot device to bring Waltz along to Candieland. Like the guy on the plane in Die Hard that tells him to make 'fists with your toes.' Can't he just be barefoot for any of the billions of reasons to be barefoot? It all fits so neatly into place. One thing I haven't mentioned is that they big up Candieland to be this awful and dangerous place for Django (which it kinda is...) but then he seems like a pig in shit walking around anywhere he wants right away. I was stoked when I thought they were infiltrating enemy territory, then it seemed to be the safest place for a black cowboy to hang out in the Deep South.

May 3 - 10:08 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

again it's a action, drama, western, etc.

May 13 - 06:39 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Tim, lol would my words make more lol sense to you if I lol add a bunch of 'lol's to it lol?

Apr 29 - 10:21 AM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

lol

May 3 - 08:48 AM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

And no, by the way..

May 3 - 08:55 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Movies fall into way more categories than TWO! Also, people who point out bad grammar usually just have a more advanced intellect and find it hard to read peoples poorly written words. Get a thesaurus Brennan and text less, your words should represent you.

Apr 30 - 03:03 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Like I said. It's a action/adventure, drama, and western.

May 1 - 05:48 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

P.S. It's a forum on RT not an essay for a college.

May 1 - 06:02 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Don't be the guy who says 'their' in place of 'they're.' People with a vocabulary really hate that.

May 3 - 10:31 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I don't, so whats your arguement

May 5 - 02:16 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Do you mean 'WHAT'S MY ARGUMENT?'

May 10 - 07:21 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

no because I don't have an argument. I don't put their in place of they're, so whats your argument. Now your being retarded.

May 10 - 12:08 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

You fail to see what I typed. You typed 'arguement' and most recently 'your' instead of 'you're.' I would say that's about the same as 'their' in place of 'they're' and it's just hard to see without cringing. You're so smart because you have the answer to why this is such a great movie, Tim up there has some valid ARGUMENTS and you just resort to name calling and insults with very piss poor spelling, punctuation and grammar in general. It's not an argument really just an observation and a request to make your posts a little more readable if you want to be taken seriously at all. To say someones 'gay' and that everything is 'retarded' is pretty pathetic and childish. Are you an actual child?

May 11 - 06:20 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

'I wouldn't say their the same thing, because I would compare cowboys and aliens with John Carter. I get what you are saying and I would compare this movie to Godfather. Fictional movie that set in a realistic setting ' Do you see where you placed 'their in place of they're?'

May 11 - 07:40 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Ok, first of all I probably did that maybe once. Second, I don't care about grammar because frankly only about 5% of people with high level jobs don't have very well done grammar. Also, I know I put your at parts of you're because I'm typing so fast and I don't go over it. I don't go over because like I said before it's a discussion board and frankly I don't care. If I was going over it for a college essay I would have done it better. Also, I call him "gay" and "stupid" because that's frankly what he does. Next, I do have valid arguments. I have about a whole paragraph of why his argument is invalid, so I don't know what you're trying to say when I going say insults. Lastly, I know what I did, but don't care. I'm not going to go over it again.

May 13 - 06:46 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

An argument about personal preference is only wrong to the person on the other side of it. Your opinion is that he's wrong, mine is that he is not. Invalid is a bit of a technical word for something like this and really is only 'invalid' to you so once again, it's a matter of opinion. Whatever I haven't covered would probably be because the points you were making otherwise were not readable and very haphazardly written without proper spelling or structure, as per usual.

May 14 - 10:37 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Ok, just shut up about the grammar thing. You're just being an asshole now and you can read the shit perfectly fine. Now, invalid might not be the right word. The better word would be flawed. I don't care about his opinion of the movie. He can dislike it all he wants, but when your reasonings behind the opinion are stupid, it makes him sound ignorant and therefore his argument is invalid.

May 17 - 08:48 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

I'll tell you what sounds ignorant and stupid; "..I don't know what you're trying to say when I going say insults." 'Stupid' is a dismissive word of someone with no vocabulary. See less movies, read more books.

May 17 - 11:58 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

first of all you're stupid because here's the defintion of stupid http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stupid.
It has nothing to do with vocabulary, so I don't know where you're getting your source. Second, you're telling me that my grammar is so bad that I'm stupid because of it. Even though I'm averaging a 3.5 in writing classes in college. Right? Makes sense.

May 17 - 02:19 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Dismissive in the sense that it says nothing really, which it doesn't. Stop trying to suddenly sound smarter, it doesn't suit you. Again, you should read more books and broaden your vocab. You like to call people 'stupid' and 'gay.' Instead of looking up 'stupid' which is stupid, (hah!) look up 'dismissive.' In the sense that I mean, it's a short cut for a word that you don't know. 'Like I said before. You can an opinion, but when those reasonings behind the opinion are flawed then I have a problem.' -has to be my favorite post in here. What a bizarre empty threat.

May 17 - 02:35 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I'm done with you because frankly I'm not here to talk to some pathetic guy who tries to make it seem like he's smarter than me when you're clearly not. First of all, grammar doesn't determine how smart of a person is. A dumbass would have comprehended what I said there.Second, comprehend what i said in that quote because apparently you have no idea what I was saying there. I could have said "Same is a fucktard who's opinion has not valid argument behind it and you're idiotic for agreeing with him". Did you want me to say that. Also, what are you talking about an empty threat. Did I ever threat you in that whole quote. No I didn't. Now, you're wrong when you said "instead of looking up 'stupid which is stupid, (hah!)"(child comment). I wasn't looking it up for me, but for you because apparently you don't know the real definition of stupid so I showed you. Lastly, I'm already smart and the reasoning behind my 'stupidity'or whatever you seem to think out me is because of my grammar. My grammar! Really, I guarantee people who are a thousand times smarter suffer from grammar problems. Also, I'm not trying to be smart because I already I'm. At least I know the definition of what stupid is. P.S. I almost forgot "you can an opinion" is the best grammar I've ever seen. Now fuck off.

May 17 - 09:23 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Hey Brennan - 'You can an opinion, but when those reasonings behind the opinion are flawed then I have a problem.' That was YOUR quote, copied and pasted, oh the irony! Anyhow, you've convinced me, I believe you are going to form an ENTIRE PARAGRAPH one day, not just finally get two sentences in a row. I truly believe in ya buddy. Good luck to you.

May 18 - 05:52 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

when was this quote? in my first paragraph. Get over with it already. This quote right here is what I really said " Now, invalid might not be the right word. The better word would be flawed. I don't care about his opinion of the movie". What are you talking about "not just finally get two sentences in a row". Your grammar is off the charts. You're as bad as Sam. You won't even comment on my argument because you know your wrong.

May 18 - 01:54 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

If by off the charts you mean far superior to yours, then sure, my grammar is off the charts. Thanks dude.

May 18 - 05:23 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

sure whatever you say Mr. Perfect.

May 18 - 08:08 PM

Laura Fellomini

Laura Fellomini

Hey Sambo, being that any-retentive cannot be much fun. The 'comic relief' as you deem it, seems only to have bothered uber-anal types like you who look for any and every reason to knock movies/books/tv series, etc. cuz it makes you feel smart and useful. You get a little hard-on, don't you, when that uptight brain you sorta use sees something you decide doesn't fit your idea of what you are viewing/reading. Django is a movie, not a documentary, and therefore anything can happen in it. Those same words were written by a Pulitzer prize winner in criticism, someone vastly more qualified to speak on film than yourself. Your lack of knowledge of those who predated the clan is your own shortcoming. And to call this movie 'serious historical fiction' makes me wonder wtf you consider 'The Deerhunter' or 'Full Metal Jacket'.

Apr 24 - 01:12 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Uber-anal, huh? I suppose anything CAN happen in a film but films are often rated on the basis of historical accuracy and plausibility. My hard-on is not little, by the way.

Apr 24 - 08:13 PM

Rami Nawfal

Rami Nawfal

Rated on the basis of historical accuracy and plausibility? Not all the time, and especially not a Tarantino film. Are you drunk?

Apr 25 - 12:08 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

No, probably on drugs. He don't get the concept that a movie isn't a documentary

Apr 25 - 06:41 PM

Ben Thompson

Ben Thompson

But I still respect your opinion, by the way.

Apr 24 - 12:17 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Thank you. I think what this is really about is that I just am not too keen on Tarantino's film-making style. I clearly have a minority opinion. Still, that's the way I feel.

Apr 24 - 08:15 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Thank you. I think what this is really about is that I just am not too keen on Tarantino's film-making style. I clearly have a minority opinion. Still, that's the way I feel.

Apr 24 - 08:15 PM

Chase The Lost

Sam, that's totally cool. I respect that. Just don't go making empty threats and acting like your opinion is gospel.

Apr 25 - 06:53 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Gotcha

Apr 26 - 07:22 PM

Ben Thompson

Ben Thompson

The film doesn't have to be 100% accurate. The Klansmen inaccuracy was, in my opinion, a very small thing and it shouldn't have made anyone think that Django Unchained turned into a Mel Brooks film. That's Quentin Tarantino. He blends action and humor along with his other famous trademarks and he does it without his films becoming tedious or smug. Didn't you see Inglorious Basterds (another amazing film)? The climactic scene was of Adolf Hitler and Joseph Goebbels, along with most of Hitler's high command, being gunned down in a burning movie theater. As you all know, both Hitler and Goebbels died by their own hand in real life, but QT changed history in his notorious Tarantinoverse by letting the second World War end with the Third Reich burn down along with that theater. Was that so wrong? It's his universe, not ours. With that pivotal moment happening towards the end of Inglorious Basterds, you should've already known that QT changes history a little bit. And besides, one small thing like historical inaccuracy shouldn't change your opinion about the whole film just like that. You have to look at the other set pieces of the movie, like performances and the story. Then maybe you'll figure out that this film ain't so bad after all. It fact, it's pretty amazing.

Apr 24 - 12:14 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Put it this way: did you ever see Ocean's 11? Remember that scene where, when you least expected it, the remote control didn't work and George Clooney just says "check the batteries" and Matt Damon chides him about making one little mistake. I thought that scene was just brilliant. So unexpected, so funny, and with such a genuine human element. However, the anachronistic Klansmen (or the regulators or whatever you want to call them, the point is they didn't exist) is truly an anachronism and is therefore devoid of that human element. I also happen to think it's just not funny. Their conversation struck me as lame.

Apr 24 - 08:19 PM

Ben Thompson

Ben Thompson

You do have a point about the human element thing. But like I said, you have appreciate the other set pieces of this film, especially the performances of Leonardo DiCaprio and Christoph Waltz. And also, if you're talking about accuracy, then you shouldn't have a problem with the scenes showing how brutally the black slaves were treated back then, because those so-called "unwatchable" scenes were the problem for most people.

Apr 25 - 07:31 AM

Gary Ugarek

Gary Ugarek

But did he ever say they were the KKK, no we as an audience or some of the audience I should say assumed it, but it was never said or claimed to be the KKK within the film, just an assumption by folks.

Apr 30 - 04:38 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Yeah, and a rather valid one. Guys don't just wear potato sacks. Were they trick-or-treating?

May 11 - 08:07 PM

Zane B

Chum Chum

The only conclusion I can derive from this is....
This guy has a small dick.

Apr 23 - 10:06 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Your conclusion is incorrect.

Apr 24 - 07:54 PM

Jake Ahlgrim

Jake Ahlgrim

Sam does not reply to the hard comments, may I ask why?

Apr 22 - 09:05 PM

Joseph Pocsai

Joseph Pocsai

He's responded to every post he's seen. The last time he loggen on to RT was on the 18th.

Apr 22 - 09:42 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Joseph, it's nice to know some people are mature enough to realize one should give credit where credit is due even if they don't agree. How refreshing.

Apr 24 - 07:56 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

He will reply to every comment, but won't ever rebut your hard comment. He tries to go around the fact.

Apr 23 - 08:25 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Oh, Brendan just shut the fuck up. I do no such thing and you know it. AS IF you have ever made a "hard," intelligent comment.

Apr 24 - 07:59 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

why don't you try and make me. Oh yeah, because you a pussy that bitches on his computer. Also, I have and again you always go around it.

Apr 25 - 06:42 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

You're cute.

Apr 26 - 07:23 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

and you're gay

Apr 29 - 07:57 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

And people accuse ME OF flexing my internet muscles.

Sep 18 - 12:00 PM

Jake Ahlgrim

Jake Ahlgrim

They were not portraying the KKK, just white men with masks and no white suits

Apr 22 - 08:49 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

I have responded to comments like this before but I'll say it again: I really don't think there is any historical allocation for white bigots to ride around on horses with potato sacks on their heads before the KKK was formed. So enough mealy-mouthed remarks about what they were called. It's an anachronism. THANK YOU!

Apr 24 - 08:04 PM

Gary Ugarek

Gary Ugarek

But you make a broad assumptions and when you make an assumption you make an ass out of you and umption. (must thank SLJ for that quote)

Like I said in another reply no one in the film during the running time of the film said they were the KKK, It was the audience who assumed, therefore making asses of themselves this was in fact the KKK.

Slice it and dice it all you want SAM, but show me, via a running time mark where in the film they were said by any character to be the KKK

Apr 30 - 04:41 AM

Joseph Pocsai

Joseph Pocsai

I have a comment about the genre changes that you mention. This has actually been a topic that my brother and I have discussed about Tarantino films for about a year now. When watching a Tarantino film, it almost seems impossible to look at it through the lens of one genre. None of his movies (aside from maybe Reservior Dogs) truly stick to one genre. This is because each film weaves through many different genres, following the flow of Tarantino's crazy, albeit amazing, mind. In fact, I would even go so far as to say that Tarantino deserves his own genre of film, due to the uniqueness of his filmmaking. I mean, it is incredibly hard to compare Django to another western, drama, comedy, or action flick. You simply have to view it as an extremely messed up, over the top Tarantino film.

Apr 21 - 07:10 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

I think it's interesting the way you say Tarantino deserves his own genre. I do not disagree. I think a film-maker can make their own genre and that particular genre should grow from the fundamental premise of the film. However, I think Django Unchained either lacks premise or deviates from the premise it has.

Apr 24 - 08:25 PM

Frances Woodard

Frances Woodard

Oh my goodness poor free thinking people can't stand for anyone else to have an opinion different than theirs. So what he doesn't like the movie; neither do I. Does that send you all into spastic fits or something. If a white man made a movie in which he beat a black man and then stated on the media that he got great pleasure out of acting out beating a black man like Jamie Foxx did the media and all of you so called free thinking people would go ballistic but is has become politically correct for people to discriminate and be prejudiced against whites even for those free thinking whites. I have many black friends but prejudice is wrong no matter who it comes from. Anyway the movie was very historically off. But you people need to get a life those of you who cannot stand for someone to have a diff opinion than you without having a cardiac

Apr 19 - 06:43 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Like you should have read in the comments. It's a movie not a documentary and you and him are taking it way too seriously. Second, his facts are wrong, because that wasn't suppose to be the KKK and they were just trying to make fun of what the people in the KKK were. I do argue with you about Jamie Foxx he should have shut his mouth and if it was the other way around this would be a different confersation we would be having. It's not that he had a different opinion of the movie it's his argument was invalid. It would be like a person saying that he/she hates superman, because a person in real life can't fly

Apr 19 - 07:00 PM

Diego Macedo

Diego Macedo

Superman is not a human Brendan!!!

Apr 24 - 11:37 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

really? I know that. My argument is still valid if I said spiderman, hulk, antman, etc. Do I need to go on.

Apr 25 - 06:44 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

The documentary thing you keep repeating is just stupid. Fiction can be fantasy, but remain appealing. This is historical fantasy, which is a new thing. Like Steampunk, it blends things together in an absurd way. Keep faulting people for OPINIONS (which cannot be 'wrong') and calling people gay. You are a child.

Apr 27 - 10:23 AM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Brendan thinks he's going to argue people into liking this movie that he apparently has stock in. How old are you, seriously? 'Confersation' hah!

May 1 - 07:34 AM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

I agree with your first line, Frances, and I respect your opinion.
I do disagree with your second point;it's a complicated issue, to be sure, but I don't think it has anything to do with black or white; no matter the races involved, under these particular circumstances(a whole race of people oppressed and abused for centuries)and race or group of people would feel bitter about it, especially if it's a subject that's been largely ignored, like this one. That doesn't mean that racism towards white people is justified; racism towards any race of people is equally immoral and despicable, and so I agree with you that, yes, prejudice is wrong no matter who it comes from, there's no denying that. There's also no denying what happened in history. It is what it is, and it's unfortunate for all parties involved, but if you look at the facts, you can't deny there's an understandable need for a sense of retribution of sorts. Now, I'm actually unaware of what Jamie Foxx said about this, but my opinion on some of the things you said still stands, but I will seek out Jamie Foxx's quote.
As far as the movie being historically off, well, I'm of the opinion that with a clearly over-the-top stylish type of cartoonish movie like this, I think you are viewing the movie in a context it wasn't meant to be experienced in; it's painfully obvious to me that this movie made it perfectly clear that it is not meant to be taken too seriously in many aspects(such as the cartoonish comical violence and the general exaggerated spectacle of it all; it's meant to play almost like a 'legend' or fairytale), but if you acknowledge this and the anachronisms still bother you anyway, it's obviously just not your thing, and who am I, or anyone, to question your opinion or your taste in movies?(not sarcasm,in case it happens to seem that way)MHO, peace ^_^

Apr 19 - 07:51 PM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

('Any'group of people.., I meant)^_^

Apr 19 - 08:39 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Thanks Frences. Brendan, how many times do I have to explain this? I DON'T REALLY CARE WHAT THEY WERE CALLED, the point is that people like the probably did not exist at that time period, therefore I say it's an anachronism. Your last sentence could not be more wrong. Why? Because superman belongs to the GENRE of comic book heroes. So yes, he can fly. However, if Superman went back in time to the 17th-century and there were people using fax machines and cellular phones, I would say THAT is a big anachronism and is unacceptable.

Apr 24 - 08:31 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

just shut up already. Do you realize what you say or do you pull it out of your ass.

Apr 25 - 06:46 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Oh, I get it. First you say I don't respond to your hard comments or philosophical terms or whatever you call them. Then when I show you that I actually DO respond to them, and effectively too, you react this way. I'm not surprised.

Apr 26 - 07:26 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I'm just giving you a taste of your own medicine

Apr 26 - 09:59 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Oh puh-LEASE!

May 16 - 10:47 PM

Justin H.

Justin Hovey

Wow. Looking at this comment section really is an eye-opener to how rude people can be when it comes to pointless shit. Seriously, he just didn't like the movie. Sure, the essay he wrote comes off a bit douchey, but so what? It's just a movie folks. You don't need to get in a full rage just because someone on this Earth disagrees with your movie taste. Just ignore it. I personally loved this movie but I didn't act like Sam killed my family. Just ignore it. Gosh

Apr 19 - 04:23 PM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

Definitely.It goes both ways, and I don't know who said what first or whatever, but I agree with you, it's ridiculous when people start attacking each other personally like this. I get it, I know people are passionate about their opinions about this movie, as am I, but after all, it is just a movie, and I think being compassionate towards another person is more important than expressing your passion for something you enjoy just because somebody doesn't also enjoy it. Live and let live :) I don't mean to be a hypocrite, because everyone, including myself, has overreacted at one point or another, but I don't think any movie is worth becoming personal enemies with someone over. MHO, peace everyone :)

Apr 19 - 07:23 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Oh, you guys...you know there's something I noticed this evening when I looked at my comments. We have finally gotten to the point where people are making disparaging remarks about my genitals. Laura Fellomini and "Chum Chum" are the ones who finally DIGRESSED us to that lowest of all common denominators. Was it inevitable...? But hey, there's a little fifth-grader in all of us, right?

Apr 24 - 08:38 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

But Justin, you delivered the rudest remark of all. Pointless shit?!? Don't you realize that I am BRILLIANT?!? :-)

May 16 - 10:49 PM

Chase The Lost

I think I know what's going on here and I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to pick up on it earlier. Sam, I don't think you're a troll. I wish you were because the alternative frightens me.

You're a well educated man who (if that's you in the photograph) appears to be in exceptional physical condition. I bring this up because you are clearly vain and you want everyone to know it. I'm a firm believer in "live and let live." If that's what you're all about, then that's fine. Who am I to judge? However, by drawing that conclusion, I can only become suspicious of you.

Sam, you're the most arrogant poster on RT and you may construe that as a compliment. I assure you it is not. There's something missing in your life. You may have a lot of money, perhaps a beautiful girlfriend, and a stellar intellect, but something is missing. There's a hole in your life. Perhaps there are many holes. Perhaps you choose to fill these holes by signing up to a website and ranting about a film that you did not care for. Perhaps you fill these holes by participating in altercations with all who disagree with your pretentious tirades. I've seen you act pious with teenagers in this very thread. You even went so far as to pull out your "internet muscles." You actually said, "say it to my face and I'll make you even uglier." I don't have to tell you how many things I find wrong with that comment. You stooped to the low intellect that you so angrily condemn. You said that to a teenager, Sam. How old are you? What's missing in your life, Sam? You pretend to be smarter and more mature than everyone in this thread but in actuality, you're scared. What are you scared of? You might as well just come clean and tell us because you just proved to the world that you're nothing more than a hollow shell of a man. You threatened a tennager over the internet, Sam. How does that make you feel? If that's what it takes to help you get through your day, then you are the most pathetic excuse for a man I've ever encountered. I hope you find whatever is missing in your life. Have a good day.

Apr 19 - 06:48 AM

Bad Ash J. Gilmore

Bad Ash J. Gilmore

Christ, man. You're gonna make the guy cry lol

Apr 20 - 07:08 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Dang, Chase. Somebody should give you your own radio show. As for that little dork Hollis Mills, how was I supposed to know he was a teenager? Though if he said that to my face I probably would call him out because, guess what, you don't say that to Sam McCrea. Oh, that is me in the pic and I'm glad you think I'm in great shape. I'm not crying, I'm blushing.

Apr 24 - 09:00 PM

Chase The Lost

I've met many people in my life that have mirror images of your personality. To be honest with you, you're all the same. You're nothing special, Sam. Your cocky persona is a disguise and you know it. Make your sarcastic comments all you want but you know it's true. I'm glad you think I should get my own radio show. Look, Sam, I'm cocky too. I'll even go so far as to say that if we ever crossed paths without having this discussion, we might very well be friends. I get along with people like you and I relate to them. The reason is because we all have holes in our lives. I'm cocky because I've been burnt in the past by individuals close to me. I'm man enough to admit my faults. Are you?

Apr 25 - 06:06 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Uh, admit my faults. I definitely do admit my faults. However, not to a bunch of strangers I met online when all I wanted was to rate a film. Sorry, man. Go make a friend.

Apr 26 - 07:29 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

*cough* faggot

Apr 26 - 07:44 PM

Marsh Mallow

Marsh Mallow

I've had the misfortune of dealing with many folks like yourself who take great pride in deconstructing the personalities of other people to injure them psychologically.

All of you, and especially you, Chase or whatever your name is, are being petty and immature by ganging up on someone who had the nerve to tell you that he didn't like a fucking Quentin Tarantino movie, and when he defends himself you antagonize and troll him even more.

Not everyone has to agree with you or kowtow to your personal preferences. Grow the fuck up.

May 9 - 04:05 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Hey Marsh Mallow. You're cool!

May 16 - 10:54 PM

Chase The Lost

Marsh Mallow, if you paid ANY fucking attention at all to what I was saying, then you would know I was calling out Sam because he threatened someone over the internet. I was NOT calling him out because he didn't like a movie. If you knew that prior to your post, then you're an idiot. If you didn't, then shut the fuck up for Christ's sake.

May 31 - 11:00 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I love how this guy doesn't realize that mostly everyone commenting thinks he's a giant prick

Apr 18 - 09:28 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Just out of curiosity, Brendan, what makes you think I don't realize it?

Apr 18 - 09:44 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

because you keep commenting the same stupid shit over and over again. You need better comebacks.

Apr 18 - 11:05 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Only because you keep SAYING the same stupid stuff, Brendan. You want a different comeback? Hmm, let's see...YO MAMA!!!

Apr 24 - 09:25 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Wow, your more stupid than I thought

Apr 25 - 06:47 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

your mom really? That's not what I was saying, but you wouldn't know a good comeback if it hit you your fuck up face.

Apr 25 - 06:47 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

You're right, Brendan. I've never delivered a good comeback. Never, ever, ever. Oh by the way it's "You're" more stupid than I though.

Apr 26 - 07:31 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

again. Cool story. I know it's you're sorry I didn't put a '. Doesn't make my argument any less true.

Apr 26 - 10:00 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

One other thing out of curiosity. What do you think most of the people here think of...you?

May 16 - 10:54 PM

John Anderson

John Anderson

I agree with Sam, but for different reasons. DeCaprio lost points for his lackluster and unconvincing performance. He looks like a boy and acts like one, but the role demands an older and more sophisticated southern gent. The film can't make up it's mind about whether it's about bad white people or the institution of slavery. Gore seems to be the greater emphasis than a plot that should have terminated 40 minutes sooner than it did.

Apr 18 - 08:18 PM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

Well, I respect your take on the film, but I disagree; I agree that DiCaprio's character(Calvin Candie)acts boyish, but I think that was intentional, in fact, Tarantino has talked about this and said so himself. Apparently he wrote the part for a slightly older Southern gentleman, but when he cast DiCaprio, he re-evaluated what the role should be, and he decided it would be good to have him this spoiled type of man-child that's never had to lift a finger, and I think DiCaprio hit the nail right on the head, and so, I guess we're in agreement in a way, it's just that I think you misunderstood Dicaprio's/Tarantino's interpretation of the character. As far as whether the film is about bad white people or the institution of slavery, I mean, I don't follow, the two go hand in hand. Maybe you feel the movie wasn't consistent in one area or another, but it's unclear to me what you're specifically complaining about there, and I think those two elements fit like a glove, of course.
And I don't agree that 'gore' was the main emphasis. I don't think anyone who gave the movie reasonable consideration whatsoever can possibly deny the depth and powerful emotion in this movie. It was very graphic, yes, enough to call it 'gory', and Tarantino recently said he thinks it's the goriest western since the Wild Bunch, and I agree, and that aspect has always reminded me of the Wild Bunch, but anyway, I know it's really graphic, and much of the violence is over the top and cartoonish, but I don't think anyone in their right minds could deny the overwhelming emotional power of it's more serious scenes, especially the violent ones, that's some very intense, powerful stuff. So, I think the movie, while a celebration of b movies and genre movies like all Tarantino's films, it is obviously a very substantial and very powerful film.
As far as the movie being overly long, I can see how this would be a problem with many people. I personally think Tarantino pretty much can do no wrong and I'm a big fan so I love all of it, though, speaking of the Wild Bunch, I was honestly hoping for a big climactic shootout at the end or something, but, at the same time, that would have just been plowing over the same old material again, and it would have been satisfying for a minute but ultimately more forgettable, so I'm glad it turned out the way it did.
Anyway, MHO..peace

Apr 18 - 08:49 PM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

You think it's overrated but that doesn't mean it is. Your paragraph is so long that no one is going to want to read it.

Apr 18 - 05:53 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

I read it. But I didn't watch the "Wild Bunch" so I can't comment on that. I agree with his remark about Di'Caprio playing a spoiled man-child. Obviously I don't agree that Tarantino can do no wrong but hey, that's why we're here.

Apr 18 - 09:50 PM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

Nice, thank you for reading my comment, I have a bad habit of writing these long ass novels when it comes to my comments.Yeah if you like westerns, check out the Wild Bunch, an absolute classic.

Apr 19 - 08:51 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Guess what? My favorite author is James A. Michener. Now THAT is reading.

Apr 24 - 09:01 PM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

That was not a reply to my comment, that was for someone else's comment

Apr 19 - 01:04 PM

Sumner Strickland

Sumner Strickland

In the movie they never say that they're part of the Ku Klux Klan, if you were actually watching they hint at this is the first appearance of the Ku Klux Klan. Lastly you have no idea what your talking about do you? Just because the movie is critically acclaimed (and for good reason) doesn't mean it's overrated. I'd have no problem if you found an actual reason to dislike the movie but you don't. So to me you just sound like an unintelligent, and immature asshole.

Apr 18 - 04:45 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

So they weren't the Ku Klux Klan but they hinted they were the Ku Klux Klan... Kid, seriously, do even YOU know what you are trying to say here? Also, I am aware a movie is not automatically overrated just because it is critically acclaimed. However, are YOU AWARE that a movie doesn't deserve accolades just because YOU say it's "for a good reason?" Practice what you preach, man. One other thing, I DID find an "actual reason" to dislike the movie. I found a few; that's kinda what my review was about. Things like anachronisms and and genre changes, you know? So I guess now you have no problem, right?

Apr 18 - 09:59 PM

Sumner Strickland

Sumner Strickland

I'm sorry I did misstep at the beginning, what I meant to say that this was the first appearance of the bag heads. And yeah I loved the film because I loved the story, the writing and above all the performances were outstanding, that was just my opinion. And no you didn't, you just said said that you had a problem with Tarantino. Genre changes and anachronisms are what Tarantino does and if you didn't know that before going into the film then it's your fault for going in and not understanding what you're in for.

Apr 22 - 04:41 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

I saw it on a burned dvd. So I didn't go in. Also, if genre changes and anachronisms are "what Tarantino does" then it's my humble opinion that he shouldn't because it's not good movie-making. Thank you.

Apr 24 - 08:43 PM

Tim Jordan

Tim Jordan

Roger Ebert, the best film critic in the world loved this movie. As for your In Living Color comment, Mr. Foxx has down very well so far since then, such as Ray.

Apr 15 - 05:25 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

No argument there. I saw Ray and was, in fact, waiting for somebody to point that out. He won an Oscar for it. Though that is the kind of film critics tend to like.

Apr 17 - 10:14 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

and they loved this too
eat it baby blue bitch

Apr 18 - 03:40 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

How can you tell I have baby blues? I'm wearing shades in my pic.

Apr 18 - 10:01 PM

Bad Ash J. Gilmore

Bad Ash J. Gilmore

I think he's referring to your shirt.

Apr 19 - 07:19 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

thanks frank, and no moron

Apr 19 - 09:23 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

Sam Mc(faggot)Crea = The new Wendell pace

Apr 14 - 11:55 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

If you said that to my face, I would make yours even uglier.

Apr 17 - 10:15 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

This is the internet, man. That's not possible.

Apr 18 - 01:18 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

oh let me get closer to the screen...ahem..faggot

Apr 18 - 03:41 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Thank you Dylan for telling me how the internet works. I am merely pointing out that you're a coward and I'll bet you really WOULDN'T say that to my face if I were ever so unfortunate as to meet up with you. I'll also bet you're naive enough to think these remarks faze me. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I respect intellect. You don't have any.

Apr 18 - 10:06 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Make an attempt to show your maturity and intellect by not responding to our comments like you have something to prove.

Apr 19 - 01:18 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

wrong i dont give a fuck and i would

Apr 19 - 09:23 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

he won't even argue back and you can't argue with a fool

Apr 9 - 04:57 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

I was just thinking the same thing. Still, you're fun to toy with.

Apr 10 - 10:47 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

good one. Taking someone else joke and trying to make it your own.

Apr 12 - 09:16 AM

Bad Ash J. Gilmore

Bad Ash J. Gilmore

When will you guys shut the fuck up? Obviously neither of you will come to an agreement so why keep bitching and moaning at eachother?

Apr 13 - 05:50 PM

Bad Ash J. Gilmore

Bad Ash J. Gilmore

I appreciate your passion for this movie though Brendan. I'm mostly telling Sam McCunt to stop trying to provoke fans of this film.

Apr 13 - 05:53 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

because it's funny to watch him try and make us believe hes'some smart and cool individual. In reality his premise is false, he's a political dumbass,etc. His argument against me will be something like he's said before. A comment that he thinks is clever, but just idiotic

Apr 13 - 09:29 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Yo Frank, can you at least TRY to be an adult? You're not in 5th grade anymore. I love how I'm "trying to provoke" fans of this movie. I've said it before, I guess I gotta say it again: the purpose of this website is to share opinions about movies, whether the opinions are popular or not. If you don't like my opinions you are free to not read them. However, nobody, I repeat NOBODY on this website has said anything that really convinces me that my opinions are wrong. Oh, Brendan Sullivan and Hollis Mills, FYI: if you REALLY DO want to show me I am wrong, saying stuff like "what a dumb fuck" and "political dumbass" won't cut it. You have both said next to nothing about the movie itself. The only really interesting remark I've heard was Tim Jordan's. Oh but Brendan, I think it's very interesting that you would mention "premise." Have you been reading Lajos Egri like I suggested?

Apr 17 - 10:31 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

Jeff Parker said the same exact thing that Tim said, so I don't know why it took you so long to acknowledge it.

Apr 18 - 01:18 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

If you were really that smart you would know that's a philosophy "term". also I've provided you with evidence why your comment is invalid, but you tend to not see it.

Apr 18 - 09:32 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Such as?

Apr 18 - 10:08 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Like everyone's been saying. It's a movie, second that's not the KKK, for more than half your argument you talk about rubush, 3rd you try to throw random star wars in there without giving any reasoning (for being as smart as you think you are you would think you wouldn't make a rookie mistake. Explain everything you say or at least hint at what your saying), and again your taking this too seriously. This is a movie and apparently you've need see one, because most action movies are way over the top. Don't watch an action movie if you're expecting a realitic movie. Do you know why your argument is invalid now? Now try and go around arguing against me like you've done for every comment I've said. P.S. you just did what I said in my last statement. Apparently you're not smart enough to know what a philosophy term is.

Apr 18 - 11:13 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

what a dumb fuck !

Apr 8 - 05:32 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Oh, you're brilliant.

Apr 10 - 10:47 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

oh thanks, now fuck off

Apr 11 - 06:54 PM

Tim Boone

Tim Boone

First of all, the 'klansmen', as others have mentioned, were not even supposed to be the KKK, they were preceded by the KKK, they were 'the Regulators'. As far as skipping around in different genres, that's what Tarantino has Always done, every one of his movies is paying homage to various genres, and All of his movies after the nineties have had a fluctuating tone(in a good way, IMO), and it wasn't during this klan scene that this happened in, the tone fluctuated all throughout the entire movie, and not out of sloppiness, out of an exhilarating explosion of filmmaking exuberance, Tarantino taking us on a movie roller coaster ride. Even the tone of the violent scenes varies, some of the violence is meant to be comical and cartoonish, some is meant to be cathartic, and some of it is meant to be downright disturbing and traumatizing, as Tarantino has said as much himself(but even if he didn't it's plain as day to see, just watch the movie).
Your reasoning and logic are poor and inaccurate, and it seems to me you just don't like the movie for some social or political reason or something, or Tarantino's movies just aren't your thing, and I respect your opinion, but the particular things you are saying just hold no water, your arguments here are completely unfounded and invalid.

Apr 8 - 09:35 AM

Tim Menke

Tim Menke

Exactly..finally someone explains it. It's a Tarantino film. You either get it or you don't. He can take you from a high tension verbal battle of the wits one second, then jump to a ridiculously gory (and over the top) bloodbath of a gunfight. How he's able to weave this different moments together is what makes him special.

May 7 - 09:52 PM

Gabe Montoya

Gabe Montoya

lol they were not the klan you fucking retard. He made a movie HIS way. i loved it, don't take a quentin tarantino movie so seriously.

Apr 7 - 10:07 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I wouldn't even argue with this idiot. He doesn't have common sense.

Apr 7 - 08:11 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Gabe, I understand he made it his way. I didn't like his way. Genres should be consistent in a film. Oh and Brendan, I love the way you say you wouldn't even argue...as if you haven't. Then again, your comments are so utterly lacking in any substance or depth I suppose some would say that they aren't an argument. Hmmm....

Apr 10 - 10:55 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

your litterally try and believe that your some smart person that knows all the secrets of the world, but yet you just afraid stupid son of a bitch that sits at his computer, and tries to through his knowledge around. Which is fact I'll already know everything you say in your statement and yet you ignored the main premise, which I've stated all along. You want something factorial then watch a documentary and not a movie.

Apr 12 - 09:15 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

throw*

Apr 12 - 06:15 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

A factorial is when you multiply an integer by every positive integer below it. Sorry if I sit at my computer and throw my knowledge around; but it was that or post pictures of my cockatiel, you know?

Apr 17 - 10:59 PM

John Anderson

John Anderson

And besides, what happened to the Avon Lady? Max Factor.

Apr 18 - 08:21 PM

Tom Martinez

Tom Martinez

overrated,huh? what movie did you think was good? the hobbit? thank god that wasn't overrated.no,not at all. the only remaining true critic left us.your opinion doesn't matter

Apr 4 - 09:14 PM

Hunter Primm

Hunter Primm

Just because you think it's overrated, doesn't mean you have to rip on it. You and this guy don't seem to understand that.

Apr 9 - 05:29 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Just because it's overrated doesn't mean I have to rip on it. Okay... Hunter, in case you haven't figured it out yet, the whole POINT

Apr 10 - 11:04 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

of this website is to critique movies. And you are correct that I don't HAVE to critique movies but then I wouldn't come here. Your remark is about as idiotic as the stuff Brendan Sullivan says.

Apr 10 - 11:06 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

good one.

Apr 12 - 09:17 AM

Hunter Primm

Hunter Primm

Look at who I replied to. Not you. Mr. Martinez up there. That's a more idiotic statement then the stuff Matthew Preston says. Now start paying attention because I know you're not a stupid guy, Sam.

Apr 19 - 02:44 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Tom, that is a good question. I did not see that film. I liked Argo. Also, I'm glad that Anna Karenina was made into a film just because it inspired me to read the book; which I did. I then watched the movie and thought it was most unusual. For what it's worth I'll say one thing though: that Keira Knightley is one beautiful woman.

Apr 10 - 11:02 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

why do you watch movies if you want complete accuracy. It wasn't suppose to be accurate it was suppose to be entertaining.

Apr 4 - 11:30 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

True. I enjoyed "Finding Nemo" even though I know that clown fish can't swim to dental offices in Australia in search of their long-lost sons. Again, it's that whole genre issue. You know, you ought to read "The Art of Dramatic Writing" by Lajos Egri. Or any book for that matter.

Apr 10 - 11:27 PM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

I hate it when people tell other people to read books. I hate that.

Apr 18 - 05:55 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Well, oops.

Apr 18 - 10:12 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

fyi an argument can be invalid if he's facts are completely wrong

Apr 2 - 11:27 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

I am aware of that.

Apr 10 - 11:27 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

then you're an idiot, because you stated earlier that you can't "an argument is not "invalid" just because you don't like it". It's invalid, so that's why I don't like it

Apr 12 - 09:22 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

I'm an idiot. Okay, you still have not told me HOW my argument is invalid.

Apr 17 - 10:39 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I'm pretty sure I already did like maybe 12 million times already. Also, you might not know, but I exaggerated there

Apr 18 - 09:26 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Brendan, with all due respect, you can't even seem to write a grammatically correct sentence yet you're telling me you've written some incisive, penetrating argument against me. Guess what? I don't see it. And please don't respond to me with your typical "You just don't see it because you're stupid, etc, etc." (Except of course that you would misspell most of the words.) What you're doing is called begging the question.

Apr 18 - 10:25 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

said the guy that does the same thing

Apr 18 - 11:15 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Uh, huh...

Apr 24 - 09:05 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

This guy's a moron.

Apr 1 - 03:44 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

i second that

Apr 2 - 11:26 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Alex, at least I recognize the difference between keyboard gibberish and a legitimate name. I'm glad to see you second that, Brendan. The sai has spoken.

Apr 10 - 11:28 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

When idiots don't have any good comebacks, they resort to either insulting the other person's name or profile pic. Nice job, Sam.

Apr 11 - 02:13 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Dear Dylan, sarcasm is hard to detect over the web. If you really meant the "nice job" line then you understand this conversation better than Brendan and Alex put together. If you're trying to rip on me, then this is an INCREDIBLE irony. For what it's worth, I've never insulted anybody's name or profile pic. After all, just their comments give me plenty of fodder.

Apr 17 - 10:48 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

You called Alex's name "keyboard gibberish". I think that's supposed to be an insult. Or am I wrong?

Apr 18 - 01:15 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

I did not call Alex's name anything. I was referring to something HE said on another page which I commented on. I think it was the one called "Will watching Django Unchained make me Gay?" but I wouldn't swear to it.

Apr 18 - 10:30 PM

Sergio Django

Sergio Django

well.you obviously are quite messed up man
1)There was no actual Klan reference to the film.Actually,to me at least,Tarantino quite aptly portrayed the exact roots of the Klan,the base of racism-and at the same time,with subcutaneous humor,the real stupidity on it's very existance(the potato sack scene you mentioned)
-2)The "unrealistic Hollywood"shooting are targeting EXACTLY in being sarcastic about the Hollywood "violence"-from the westerns to The Expendables of Hollywood productions
3)To me,it's these "genre changes" which characterise the depth and artistic-and multiple leveled-eye of Tarantino in this film
4)get your act together and re-watch it

Mar 31 - 03:18 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Hey man, whatever floats your boat. Still, I wonder what it is OBJECTIVELY that you believe makes this portrayal so apt. By the way, you misspelled "existence" and "its" as the latter should have been in the possessive.

Apr 10 - 11:41 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Oh one other thing: I'm glad to know that TO YOU these genre changes "characterize the depth and artistic and multiple leveled-eye of Tarantino in this film." You should know that TO ME it would be an extraordinary and multi-faceted form of artistic free expression for you to blow me. Can't I be bad just once? :-)

Apr 10 - 11:45 PM

Sergio Django

Sergio Django

listen fuckface,everybody's proven you your argument about django is wrong and stupid.so cut the bullshit and shut your mouth-and please don't be so hardcore behind the screen

Apr 20 - 09:18 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Oh, COME ON, MAN! It was funny. And nobody has "proven" anything. These are opinions.

Apr 24 - 09:08 PM

Sergio Django

Sergio Django

and excuse my grammar,im not from the us

Apr 21 - 12:50 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Yeah, yeah. You're one of the ten million reasons we need to build that wall...

May 16 - 11:02 PM

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Yeah, there was no actual reference to the Klan. APART FROM THE ACTUAL REFERENCE TO THE KLAN?! Yeah, there was. If you're not from the US then maybe you don't know how someone may reference the Klan when they're making a reference to the Klan, but THAT'S HOW! The way the reference WAS MADE in Django Unchained.

May 11 - 06:24 AM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

I think its funny how people come on here with their opinions, and think its gold....You thought the film was overrated...others didn't. Guess that makes them wrong and you right??

Mar 28 - 07:26 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

According to them, it's vice-versa. What do you think?

Apr 10 - 11:46 PM

Tony Peters

Tony Peters

It's interesting how much vitriole your review stirred up. Obviously some Tarantino acolytes out there feel some serious emotional attachment to this movie. My 10c worth- I see where you're coming from Sam McCrea, historical accuracy matters to me and this pastiche of lurid bits and pieces of fact and fiction is somehow offensive to my sensibilities. Nevertheless ... it's 'art', and with that goes all the poetic license you need to perpetrate shocking distortions of historical fact for the purpose of courting controversy and selling movie tickets.

Mar 28 - 12:45 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Dear Chase Nyland, how was I supposed to know writing a paragraph would be considered a serious effort? I can type 70wpm. I think a serious effort would be something like when I earned a master's degree, or scored a 1350 on the GRE or when I passed Vector Calculus. Y'all have to admit, that's pretty good for a retarded six year old. Oh, and I suggest reading the following Paul Kersey article from V-dare, my favorite web-zine: http://www.vdare.com/articles/django-unchained-the-birth-of-a-new-nation

Mar 25 - 01:34 PM

Chase The Lost

Yes! I get my own paragraph!

All of your "achievements" and "skills" mean absolutely nothing to me. All you're truly accomplishing is further proving my theory that you're a cocky little fuck. I could go on and on about my profession and exceptional education but I'd rather keep that to myself because it's none of anyone's concern. Unless, I so desperately seeked attention that I would fully disclose all of my obtainments but that arrogant behavior is out of character for me. More importantly, it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Therefore, going back to my original point, all of your verbose efforts to impress are irrelevant. You dissliked the film because it was incongruent with history. Tough shit. Look at Inglourious Basterds. Do you really think Adolf Hitler died in a burning theater? Of course not. It's a fucking movie and it never promised to be based off of actual events, so lighten up and get off your high horse.

You cocky. little. fuck.

Mar 25 - 02:11 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

The meat of your statement contains 12 sentences. My responses to them are: 1) You did call me a dimwit. And what's with the pretentious quotation marks? 2) That isn't nice. 3) So you mention your "Exceptional education," but then you want to keep it to yourself? Btw, THAT is when quotation marks make sense. 4) I get the feeling it's NOT out of character for you. 5-6) NO argument there. I didn't call you a dimwit. 7) Yeah! You get it!! I also thought it was too long, kinda boring, Leonardo DiCaprio's accent got on my nerves. Though I think the plot, in and of itself, had potential. 8) Uh, okay. Profanity is used by a feeble mind trying to express itself with power. 9-10) No, he committed suicide. Though I thought the opening scene for that film was brilliantly acted. 11-12) You know, maybe I'm just not too crazy about Tarantino's films for the most part. And maybe that's okay. You're not gonna die just because somebody has a differing opinion. You're going to live. It's okay. Nice periods in the end, by the way.

Mar 25 - 09:37 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

you can be smart and still be a dimwit dumbass

Apr 4 - 11:26 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Thanks, Brendan. I get the feeling YOU, however, can only be one of those things. Guess which one it is.

Apr 10 - 11:50 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I'm pretty smart, which probably leaves the dimwit to you

Apr 18 - 11:16 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

You're cute.

Apr 24 - 09:12 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Jeff Parker: In response to your 3-15 reply. I recently read "Chesapeake" and "Texas" by James A. Michener. He is my favorite author and I believe one of the greatest historical fiction writers of all time. I love his work. I also got a 4 on the AP American History Exam, I have always lived in the south, and have known and loved many older-generation southern aristocrats. I also volunteered as a docent at the "Historic Haile Homestead" in Gainesville, Florida, which was once a plantation. I readily admit that history is ALWAYS a best guess. Still, for you to say I have "no idea" what I'm talking about is not exactly fair. One other thing: your last sentence is not a question, it's a statement. Oh and Brendan Sullivan: I have not seen watchmen. What's it about?

Mar 23 - 06:31 PM

Chase The Lost

Lmao wow, that took some serious effort. Good for you! You got so butthurt that you decided to address most of us by name! Sam, you're a pretentious dimwit. Pat yourself on the back for all of your achievements that no one cares about. Even though I'm not entirely educated on the topic of 19th century Southern slavery, I do know that I'm not going to use some inaccurate elements of a film in my final conclusion of the film's quality unless it promises a true story. Tarantino did not. You're out of your element, you cocky little fuck.

Mar 24 - 07:07 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Just out of curiosity, what do you believe I am claiming to be a serious effort?

Mar 24 - 06:58 PM

Chase The Lost

Holy fuck, you're retarded. My serious effort comment pertained to your creation of a whole seperate post to address us with your retort as opposed to individually replying to them. This is explained in my third sentence in my above post.

Mar 25 - 06:17 AM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

You don't think think that "why do you pretend like you do?" is a question? Here's another question: Are you over the age of seven, by any chance?

Mar 24 - 03:08 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

No, I'm six.

Mar 24 - 07:00 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

It shows.

Mar 25 - 11:52 AM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

And one more question: You do know that is possible to reply to us by simply clicking the "reply" button underneath our comments, right?

Mar 24 - 03:10 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Yes.

Mar 24 - 07:00 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Dear Brandan Sullivan: That hurts. I feel ripped to shreds by your brilliant statement. But just so you know, kid; an argument is not "invalid" just because you don't like it. Mr. Nawfal: please tell me where I can find an American history textbook that mentions the Regulators. Dear Alex Maverick: Actually, some people DO care. Maybe that's why websites like this exist. Dylan Jones: Aw come on. If I didn't respond, people like you, Brendan Sullivan and Lee Augustus couldn't feel all smug calling me a "total bullshit tasteless conservatard..." And then what would you do for fun? Read books? But don't worry, I will move on. In fact, I am reading a book.

Mar 23 - 06:22 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

So, you're admitting that the only reason you made this thread was for attention. Got it.

Mar 24 - 03:13 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Yes, yes, and I am sure the reason YOU wrote THIS thread was to win the Nobel prize for literature. BTW, I also wrote it to critique a film. You cool with that?

Mar 24 - 06:47 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

You could've just written a review on your profile. It would've made more sense.

Mar 25 - 11:51 AM

Chase The Lost

Sam, do you realize that you're the OP and not Dylan?

Mar 25 - 12:42 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

can't call me kid when your like two or three years older than me dumbass

Apr 2 - 11:25 PM

Rami Nawfal

Rami Nawfal

Samuel, sir, the point isn't about finding The Regulators in a history textbook. The point is that Tarantino already knew that the bag heads weren't the KKK and said so, and here you were bashing him for not doing research when it is in fact you that didn't read and find out before criticizing, that Tarantino already knew that those men were not the KKK.

Mar 30 - 03:42 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

It's like, you want to make a scene fit into a plot even though it doesn't. So you try to gloss it over and make it fit...but it doesn't. 20 lashes for a filmmaker who does such things.

Apr 24 - 09:15 PM

Rami Nawfal

Rami Nawfal

This scene was to show how ignorant racist bigots acted at the time, and Tarantino managed to do that in a hilarious way too. Just because he gave us some comic relief in a movie that takes place in a serious era, he deserves 20 lashes? This is ridiculous, and you sound very, very pretentious. And judging by your other posts you're pretty arrogant to boot.

Apr 27 - 06:51 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

I'm not a Liberal. Liberal, conservative, libertarians, all gigantic piles of shit in my opinion. Conservatism, however, is the most disgusting and intellectually deprived of them all.

Apr 9 - 04:23 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Well aren't you just one big friggin' ray of sunshine?

Apr 24 - 09:16 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

You wrote a paragraph of total bullshit. This movie was amazing and your argument is invalid

Mar 21 - 08:25 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

You're cute. Does your mommie know you use such language?

Mar 25 - 01:19 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

does yours know how much of an idiot you are or have you told her yet.

Apr 2 - 11:22 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

That hurts.

Apr 17 - 10:52 PM

Rami Nawfal

Rami Nawfal

Hey Sam, those masked men were not the KKK, they were The Regulators, a pre-KKK group. Tarantino said so. Why don't YOU do more research next time before bashing?

Mar 21 - 07:34 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

yeah, that's what I was about to put.

Mar 21 - 08:25 PM

Alex Maverick

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Earth to Sam McCrea: Yeah, no one cares.

Mar 20 - 01:48 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

You have about as much evidence to support your claims as Tarantino does to support his so just shut up and move on.

Mar 18 - 05:23 PM

Brian Harris

Brian Harris

Since when was Django supposed to be historical fiction? I thought it was supposed to be a Western/Blaxplotaion film?

Mar 17 - 02:58 AM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

tasteless conservatard

Mar 16 - 04:00 PM

Kaisher Moi

Kaisher Moi

"ONE OF THE BEST FUCKING FILMS I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!" - Lee Augustus, 5/5

STOP IT, EMPEROR AUGUSTUS! EVERY COMMENT OF YOURS MIGHT FUCKED UP EVERY THREAD.

Jun 21 - 10:17 PM

Kaisher Moi

Kaisher Moi

The Good Old Days of Rotten Tomatoes were OVER all because of that "Emperor Augustus" faggot! Thanks a lot, Lee.

Jul 9 - 12:40 AM

Gannon Ewing

Gannon Ewing

The entire scene including whom you yourself have denoted as being "Klan" members is supposed to represent the start-up or roots of the KKK, hence the potato sacks instead of traditional Klan attire. It is not Mr. Tarantino's, but your facts that need checking.

Mar 16 - 10:50 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Mr. Nyland, of course I've seen Tarantino films before as I mentioned "Pulp Fiction" in my commentary. I also saw "Kill Bill" which also sucked. JEFF PARKER: Unless there is historical evidence that there was, in fact, a "prelude" to the KKK prior to the Civil War, it's still an anachronism. I really don't think there were any racists wandering around with potato sacks on their heads prior to Lee's surrender at Appomattox. Why would there have been? Remember, since the blacks had no rights and the whites could do whatever they pleased to these people, is there any reason the whites would have felt the need to conceal their identity in such a situation? Also, I've always been under the impression the old-south aristocracy was really big on being polite and, particularly, being delicate towards women. Women weren't supposed to see anything gross. So, instructing a slave woman to unzip her dress and reveal her nasty scars at the dinner table while a lady is eating there strikes me as unrealistic. Tarantino just didn't do his homework.

Mar 14 - 08:21 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

And you are basing this off of...what? You've given no evidence to support any of your claims. All you've said is "I don't think this" and "I don't think that", which leads me to ask the question: You clearly don't have any idea of what you're talking about so why do you pretend like you do?

Mar 15 - 02:29 PM

Chase The Lost

Sam, I was being snide. You've clearly seen other Tarantino films which is why I'm so confused. If you're familiar with Tarantino's work, why would it surprise you that Django was a little outlandish? And if you don't like that sort of thing, why go see it? But more importantly, why bitch about it? You're so self absorbed that you decided to spew nonsense in your pretentious analysis of something you clearly don't know anything about.

Mar 15 - 03:06 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

I get the feeling you are downright fascinated by my comments. It's a little frightening.

Apr 24 - 09:18 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Are you one of THOSE people? Think Kathy Bates in "Misery."

Apr 24 - 09:18 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

it's a fucken movie Sam. It's not suppose to be factional. Do you not want movies? You must have loved watchmen then

Mar 21 - 08:27 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

How the hell did Kill Bill suck???? It had awesome violence, a great soundtrack, a very well one story, great dialogue, and a touching ending in Vol. 2. Sorry I had to say it.

Mar 30 - 03:18 AM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Uma Thurman, who's pry a buck ten, beating up large, muscular men by the dozen. I know everyone's gonna be incensed but it's just a bit too fantastical for me. I honestly would have liked it better if she first drank some magical potion.

May 16 - 11:11 PM

Jeff P.

Jeff Walken

Tarantino knew that the KKK wasn't formed yet in that period. That's why you never hear the name "Ku Klux Klan" in that scene. The whole thing was supposed to be like a prelude to the KKK. It was a group of racist men who wore some cheap bags on their heads. But, we see that the bags turned out to be poorly made. These were the people (in the movie universe) who formed the official KKK after the Civil War.

Mar 14 - 03:15 PM

Jacob Hall

Jacob Hall

Yes - The men in hoods organised by Big Daddy represent a group known as "The Regulators" - spiritual forebears of the later post-civil war KKK formed in 1865. Tarantino knew this Sam.

Apr 19 - 12:02 PM

Sam M.

Sam McCrea

Okay, just show me where I can find any information about these people (Wikipedia, whatever) and I'll apologize for the remark.

Apr 24 - 09:20 PM

Tim Menke

Tim Menke

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Django_Unchained

Look under the the section labeled "Historical Inaccuracies"

That should take care of it.

May 7 - 10:18 PM

Chase The Lost

Have you ever seen a Tarantino film before?

Mar 14 - 07:24 AM

Cole Jaeger

Cole Jaeger

He says he has in his paragraph

Apr 18 - 05:57 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile