67% The Equalizer Sep 26

blkbomb
blkbomb

August 3, 2012
"Within us All..."

I heard about this documentary and right away had to see it. I knew a little about DMT, but it is so fascinating, you want to know more. What I got from DMT was a lot of technical mumbo jumbo and some personal experiences with DMT. All in all, the movie was informative, but not entertaining. When I was about half way into it, I noticed that I wasn't fully engaged to what these scientists were saying anymore. I can only listen to so many scientists basically say the same thing over and over again. Luckily the film was short, but it still felt extremely dragged out.

The subject is what sucked me into watching this. It's something that's interesting enough, but this film doesn't do it justice. I'm sure a much better and more entertaining film could be made from the topic. I would suggest skipping this to just about everyone unless you like listening to smart people say big words about the "The Spirit Molecule."

This isn't a film I enjoyed watching. That isn't to say that it's a complete failure, but you have to do something to keep the viewer engaged. I'm a believer that you can make a documentary on anything and make it interesting. I've seen documentaries on Monopoly, Donkey Kong, and air guitar competitions. All were interesting and actually fun to watch because the people involved knew how to inform and keep you entertained. The ones here did not.
Ed K

April 30, 2013
The movie conveys its point, but consists of very little more than a set of repetitive interviews that lack in breadth interspersed with visuals that don't come close to making up for that shortcoming. This could potentially have been helped by more visuals, more science, more fascinating interviews, or more simply, being cut down to 10 minutes.
December 14, 2012
This is just a bunch of hippies, mostly old hippies, talking about being one with everything and some rather annoying cgi pictures of colors and shapes. Even the noise in the background that never stops playing is annoying. I really can't take anything anyone is saying seriously. It'd be faster, more entertaining and informative to just read some vault entries at random on erowid. And the government conspiracy, the idea that we have dmt in us to communicate with plants and "all life including on other planets" is all totally unfounded. You have a bunch of people who take a chemical that alters their brain state trying to convince you that consciousness takes place outside of the physical body. Well hey genius, then why don't you just kill yourself? If the physical brain and chemical drugs you're taking aren't reality, then why are they so necessary for you? I accept that it's probably a really cool experience to trip balls but what you're doing is distorting reality not clarifying it. These douchebags talk about how the government will block off anything that goes against consumerism and that's why scientific research was halted on it and that's why taking drugs is illegal, and then they go ahead and sell this DVD for 15 bucks.
IzandroMarquez
September 20, 2012
Although I did enjoy learning about the effects of ayahuasca and what experiences come of it, I really thought that this documentary did not have enough material for the length of the movie. I love to recommend good documentaries, but this one would not be one that I would recommend.
May 18, 2014
The film amount to just a bunch of sound bites really couple with a lot of tacky graphics. What ever interesting to be said is undermined by quite a lot of intolerable pseudo scientific hippy nonsense. You were high, you were not talking to aliens from another dimension.
January 22, 2013
the 2d images of colors and shapes in attempt to make me understand a DMT trip is silly. from my experience, i am certain that if psychobilin could be logically and delicately administered in pharmaceuticals for mental health reasons, especially depression and anxiety, this medicine, along with pyscho-therapy, may take months even years off of a mental break-through needed for healing and brain evolution. LOL.
August 30, 2013
Pseudoscience and gratuitous visual effects. If you like hearing some "scientists" drone on and on about how they believe drugs can be used for spiritual explanation, without actually explaining much of anything behind the science of those drugs, then you will love this documentary.
July 23, 2013
This filmmaker was able to take a boring topic and make an even more boring movie about it. Just a bunch of interviews, this movie is lacking.
June 11, 2013
A documentary powered by musing hippies and wispy-haired eccentrics spewing mystic buzzwords rather than any actual science. As a result, boredom prevails.
Andrew
July 11, 2012
Everyone who is either opposed to or in favor of drug use should watch this. It's very informative and offers hope that more people need to hear about. It (the subject matter) is literally the greatest stuff that people can learn about, even if they are against hallucinogens.
May 17, 2012
Amazing, mind blowing boredom.