67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

100% New Girl: Season 4
83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Doctor Zhivago Reviews

March 2, 2014
I have to say that this remake was incredibly well done. It was obviously made for a PBS audience and there are some interesting minor differences from the 1965 original that don't detract from my experience of the original or this rendition of the story. It was quite an epic and I found it worth watching.
November 18, 2013
I agree with all the positive reviews, but why oh why did Kiera Knightley have such a bad I agree with all the accolades but why did Kiera Knightley have such a bad wig? A 17year old wouldn't have hair that brittle and damaged. I could see the glue at her hairline.
Hamee
April 15, 2013
I am going to pass on this one.
February 21, 2013
Well executed drama I must say, complicated but actually watchable. Kiera Knightley is not bad on this movie either because her acting is usually the same.
March 26, 2010
Really boring. I'd recommend the 1965 version over this one any day.
October 18, 2012
If you want to watch this movie, watch the original version instead of this remake.
3568 C.
September 12, 2012
The best film version of Doc Zhi.
April 17, 2012
It is worth seeing.. It is quite as good as the original one. It provides more detail on the characters lifes. I actually like both versions, the first one with Omar Sharif and Julie Christie.. But the book is the best version..
October 6, 2007
the greatest love story of all time!!!
December 25, 2011
Not bad, but compared to the book decidedly clumsy, cheap, and shallow. Turns a haunting, tender, finely-wrought novel of spirit into some crass, chucklesome escapade.
October 28, 2011
so romantic luv it cried like a baby .xoxo
July 24, 2011
Haven't seen the original David Lean version (which featured that more famous theme music) but this was a pretty good adaptation.
Lady D

September 8, 2007
Bought but not yet watched
doyoufeellucky
February 18, 2011
Although not as cinamatically picture perfect or epic in scope as the 1965 version, this has a lot going for it. Keira Knightley before she turned into a pile of bones makes a great love interest....she's pretty stunning most of the time. I'm not sure which film is nearer to the book, but i prefer this one. Shame about the sad ending(s).
March 9, 2011
To make another attempt at adapting a novel which already shares its name with another cinematic giant is no small feet. Though, Dr. Z, for me, will always be Omar, the performance given by Hans is neither imitation or praise-less. This adaptation deals, in detail, with many 'explicit' and emotional intensities that were only alluded to by Lean. The ending is great and if you're the type that enjoys long films it is most definitely worth a watch.
Dory V.
December 28, 2009
A wonderful movie. I love Russian history and Russia because of this movie. I haven't been there yet, but people who have already been to Russia say that this movie portrays the feeling of being in Russia perfectly. It is very emotional and intense, a beautiful movie and it isn't overadvertised. All the actors and the director did a great job, the music fits the movie perfectly too. I love the characters of Yury, Lara and Tonya. It was a perfect job of Giacomo Campiotti. I loved it. Only a very few movies make me cry, and this does every time I watch it. At the end, when little Yury is running as his mother asked him to. And he's smiling, carrying the poems of his father. He doesn't know how much they're worth yet. And he's running, running in Moscow...
Cynthia S

October 4, 2010
Spent the afternoon watching this one, and it was totally worth it. Wonderful tribute to a classic film. Well done!
YourTypicality
April 18, 2010
Bloody fantastic. I didn't like Keira Knightley much before I watched this - her interviews always seemed rehearsed and she does that annoying teeth thing, but throughout this film I couldn't help loving the way she played her character - so mysterious and brilliant.
Hans Matheson is a rising star, for sure. He played his role so well it's hard to believe he's still so unknown. As for the story itself - I'm usually not into history and things but the exciting and brilliant plot draws you in. It is fantastically depicted and imaginatively filmed.
I loved it.