65% The Maze Runner Sep 19

83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Doing Time on Maple Drive Reviews

Red L

October 8, 2013
I normally like such movies where families grow or come to understand their issues. That part of this film was fine, but I found the resolution of the movie all a bit too neat. Most of the time, when you throw in a suicide attempt, a coming out, realization you are an alcoholic into a weekend, it doesn't come out tied in a nice bow.
August 3, 2008
I swear this was one of those after school specials. First time I had seen Jim Carey in a serious role. Great gay twist.
June 14, 2007
It's been years since I first watched this... I happened to notice that the Videostore where i work has a copy.. so I put it on.. I shouldn't have.. I remembered it being pretty good.. but I also watched it while I was in the process of coming out.. Now, years later, I notice the horrid acting.. (I'm sorry, but if you were disinterested and being forced to read lines I think you'd do better than they did in this).. It's worth watching once.. especially if you are "in the closet", or dealing with a really psycho family, but then it's just okay.. I am kind of curious to know why it's only had ONE rental... (it's been here since it came out on DVD)..
Nascarlieber3
January 14, 2007
Favorite Jim Carey movie. He is in a serious roll in this movie. They usually show this movie on Lifetime.
hvmoody
September 5, 2008
James B. Sikking has a knack for making unlikeable characters understood. He may have based his character on the same military drill instructor of his acquaintance on whom he based his character of Lt. Howard Hunter in Hill Street Blues.

I honestly don't even remember Jim Carrey, one of the best actors performing today, as being the son with whom the Sikking character comes into conflict; but I'm sure he was and that he performed admirably. He always does.