The Dollmaker - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dollmaker Reviews

March 23, 2016
I worked on this film, Jane Fonda and the whole cast were wonderful. One of the highlights of my 35 year film and TV career.
April 19, 2012
I love this movie. It is one of the few movies I own. It is one that I can watch again and again.
April 5, 2012
A family in Kentucky during the second World War decides to move to Detroit, where the husband has a job working in one of the plants there. Of course, they know nothng about city life and try to adjust to it. ALong the way, some hard things come in the way, but I really loved the way Fonda and her costar interacted with each other. Very good film.
January 23, 2012
This is the most heart-felt movie I have ever watched and is my favorite!!!!! I even named my daughter after the little girl that got ran over by a train.
July 5, 2009
I will NOT see a Movie that has this Commie, Traitor, BITCH in it.
They don't have a LOW enough rating for her.
She can rot in the Hanoi Hilton, for what she did to Our troops during Vietnam.

BURN BITCH, BURN
January 31, 2009
Jane Fonda returned to form with this after some low key roles and shows real emotional intensity that was lacking in her last few films. Not an overall great film but her performance is remarkable and affecting. See it if you can find a copy.
November 17, 2008
this i believe was Jane Fonda's crowning movie
October 18, 2008
Despite Jane Fonda, the movie is poignant. The first time I watched it I had just became a new Mommy...I cried and cried. Years later I continue to return to this story, it is a frank and open portrayal of hard times and a testament to the inner strength and ingenuity of women.
September 22, 2008
Fabulous! Should have won even more awards!
October 11, 2006
I did not really like this movie.
January 10, 2008
very good. very sad. you will cry buckets of tears on this one.
December 5, 2007
Jane Fonda is good in everything she has starred in, but in this film she portrays an undereducated hillbilly of sorts during the depression era. It is a statement proclaming how creativity, faith and resourcefulness can save the human spirit and condition...
November 26, 2007
Saw this movie as a kid and thought it was a brlliant but very sad movie. Have been searching high and low for a copy recently and have not been able to find it. DVD release NOW!
October 19, 2007
If you wanna cry, watch this movie. If you wanna realize you love being a mom, watch this movie. If you wanna laugh, watch this movie. If you wanna feel blessed, watch this movie. A classic!
October 13, 2007
I consider this to be Jane Fonda's greatest performance. It's an old film so the cinematography is not flashy, but the story is gripping. Well worth watching.
October 11, 2007
Yes, one of the saddest movies of all time. I saw if for the first time as a young child and remember bawling then. As an adult now, especially a mother, I almost can't make it through...
August 15, 2007
½ June 30, 2007
Fonda is good, the film is not.
June 19, 2007
Very good movie...Jane Fonda is an excellent actress and this movie was one of her best.
½ June 15, 2007
so awesome, i love this movie!