Movies Like Domestic Disturbance

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Domestic Disturbance Reviews

February 23, 2010
(First and only viewing - 12/21/2010)
Beth M

August 4, 2011
It's nice to see Vince Vaughn play a different role, and as good as he was playing a stepfather who kills, it was predictable and boring. There wasn't very much action and it didn't make it any different to other films that have similar storylines. It was a somewhat touching performance with John Travolta and Matt O'Leary but this film was average and nothing really exciting to keep you wanting to watch more. Vince Vaughn is at his best at comedy and he makes a lot more box office hits, a truly awful and quite a short running film that could of done so much better to work on a storyline that was original and not something that we've all seen before.
February 27, 2013
Actually turned out to be a good thriller for me. John Travolta and Vince Vaughn are the highlight of the film and everybody else did solid as well. I think the reviews are a bit harsh. The film is tense at times and does the job well at being a average thriller. Sure it can be predictable, but it doesn't take away the fact that it has good performances and a interesting plot.
July 6, 2007
I totally don't remember this.
February 21, 2013
Rick Barnes (Vaughn): You may not know me, but you do know Danny.
Frank Morrison (Travolta): Oh, I know. He lies. He lies to just about everybody. But you know what?
Rick Barnes (Vaughn): What?
Frank Morrison (Travolta): He doesn't lie to me.

Dumb....dumb....dumb......a complete waste of time. (The one star is for poor Steve Buscemi, who played Ray Coleman, for wasting his God-given talents on this stupid "film").
January 30, 2013
A father and ex-husband recovering from alcoholism must save his family from the man his ex-wife marries. Straight forward thriller that moves at a sluggish pace, though Vaughn as a villain works well.
January 2, 2013
Can't believe the reviews for this! I found it exhilarating, scary, and inspiring! Vince Vaughn is surprisingly good.
December 7, 2012
Standard film, mediocre, nothing further, worth one watch or two.
September 30, 2012
Vince Vaughn as a villain is about as threatening and subtle as a five-year old boy pretending to be Darth Vader in this poorly written and banal thriller.
Dave J
October 22, 2012
Monday, October 22, 2012

(2001) Domestic Disturbance
THRILLER

(May contain spoils)
Vince Vaugn plays Rick Barnes, a social path and he is about to marry Susan played by Teri the ex- wife of a guy named Frank played by John Travolta the star of the movie both share custody with a rebellious son named Jason. Everything goes normal until Ray Coleman (Steve Buscemi) shows up at the wedding and some point and Jason sneaking into the back seat of Rick's SUV, he witnesses a murder and a cover up. And of course, no one including the cops believes him except his father Frank, motivating him to do some investigating on his own. Again, this is just another routine thriller that displays incompetent police work- no follow up nor description about what this person were to look like, no leads or interrogating about the whereabouts of this particular person nor why any witnesses were to come forward whether this Ray person has left the city or not. Oh yeah, the only reason why the Vince Vaugn character got away for so long for a charage of racketeering in Chicago was because he was going by a different names. Listening to the director commentary was optioned on this commerical DVD version for I didn't care about it at all.

It's supposed to be another rendition of "The boy who cried wolf" scenio but in order to accomplish this feat have to make the Teri Polo character playing the ex to be dumbed down including dismissable police work. And Vince Vaughn is excellent as a social path but this film doesn't do anything for him.

1 out of 4
October 14, 2012
by the numbers forgettable thriller,if your interested in evil stepfathers go watch the stepfather or even its remake bothe better films than this.
July 16, 2012
"Lakeview Terrace" does the job a lot better.
starlett2005
September 18, 2012
Domestic Disturbance is a decent thriller film. It is about a divorced father discovers that his 12-year-old son's new stepfather is not what he made himself out to be. John Travolta and Vince Vaughn give good performances. The screenplay is decent with some thrills. Harold Becker did an alright job directing this movie. I liked watching this motion picture because of the mystery.
September 14, 2012
I always beena huge John Travolta fan so I really enjoyed this movie. It can be a tad predictable at some scenes, but it still had me on the edge of my seat.
September 12, 2012
December 19th 2010
September 3rd 2012
Cody H.
September 1, 2012
This was a pretty good movie. If I saw it at the store for a cheap price, I'd probably buy it. Grade: B-
August 26, 2012
This was thrilling Travolta was a good hero but Vaughn was fucking scary
July 19, 2012
Its all been done before but its well made regardless and Travolta and Vaughn are terrific.
July 5, 2012
Josh Travolta needs a good comeback.