Domino Reviews

April 25, 2013
"factual" Biopic of now deceased Domino Harvey a privileged young Los Angels woman.She tires of the comforts of suburbia and becomes a Bondswoman and engages in unbelievably "true" outlandish adventures. The character challenges us to separate fact from during her final salutations.
August 25, 2015
It's a complete mess, but it has that furious eye candy rush that Tony Scott was known for, and Knightley is a total badass.
August 20, 2015
Shot in the hope it would be a lot grittier and cooler than it ended up being.
August 10, 2015
Domino (2005) is one of my all time favorite films for it's time and yet still to date I can drop this movie in the DVD Player and kick back to enjoy the action. I haven't had a lot of time to get my reviews in on all of the movie I own or have watched being that their thousands upon thousands but as time passes I will get to it; I had to take a moment to express my views on Domino. This movie is filled with action, it's sort of the "21 Jump Street" on crack filled with a bit of "Natural Born Killers" love. Now I'm a huge fan of Keira Knightley and so far have liked every film she has performed in; this one still is my favorite of the lot. What more could you ask for in an action movie, tons of guns flaring, conspiracy, and the boat ride that just keeps burning to the ground while in mid float. Love it!
½ July 10, 2013
Now I do respect Tony Scott as a director as he directed a lot of movie in the past that I liked, but Domino is a giant mess of a movie that gave me a massive headache afterwards.
May 25, 2015
I realize I stand very much alone, but I quite enjoyed this movie. It feels like someone slipped some form of drug into the veins of bad action/adventure movie that leaves it both woozy and manic at the same time. It may not offer anything new, but the approach is creative. And like a tweaking party girl, this movie thinks it is a lot smarter than it is. An entertaining cinematic error.
March 15, 2006
Completely unrealistic...stick to the true story of a bounty hunter Tony Scott.
½ February 7, 2015
Not an accurate telling of Domino's true life, but this has a good story and the camera work is stellar with a big cast of well-knowns who provide great script and acting. Of course, Mickey Rourke plays the character he always plays and Keira Knightly is extremely hot, so I recommend this.
Robbanflix
December 29, 2006
Quite okey action movie with 3 bounty hunters included Keira Knightley as one of them. Story is fair.
October 7, 2014
I actually remembered this movie for some reason and have been trying to find where I can watch it again. I remember really liking it.....I'm a Dog the Bounty Hunter fan though. I watch......A LOT of movies and there are many I hate, many I feel lukewarm about but this isn't one of them. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to watching it again.
November 17, 2011
come on its based on a real life, story, mick rourke, delroy, and of course those guys from 9021ho and that british chick, i only like her in this and in that soccer movie she did, i haven't really enjoyed her in alot, she doesn't pick any roles i like to watch her in, u know her name, kk are her intials
August 26, 2014
A tour de force of the insane. Worth a watch
August 1, 2014
A completely mental film experience, Domino is all over the place, a unique mix of biopic and visually kinetic. gonzo action madness. The unbelievably true, fascinating life story of Domino Harvey gets a little lost in all the excess, but Tony Scott uses it as a jumping off point to go all out with his hugely inventive, restless camera work and editing, this movie is an audio/visual headfuck! Keira Knightly is possibly a bit miscast but still the most appealing and surprisingly cool the sometimes annoying actress has ever been, the narrative is a loud clusterfuck and it's often pretty fucking exhausting to watch, but it's also an experimental, inventive piece of pop art brilliance, an uncategorizable madhouse of modern action film-making.
½ July 28, 2014
There is a lot going on here. Some good, but mostly bad. It's unclear what Tony Scott was doing here and why the film plays more like an elaborate music video than a comprehensive film. However, the real life story behind the film is fascinating, and you can't say Scott wasn't original in his take on a biopic
July 25, 2014
"Inspired by" the life of film star Laurence Harvey's daughter, Domino, who really did become a bounty hunter. "Inspired by" means the don't have to make any effort to be accurate in anything they portray about her and her friends. The story is way too complex to keep track of while watching the movie -- even pausing the DVD and replaying frequently I had trouble following what was happening and why. The action and much else is entirely unrealistic. The cast, however, is very good and they give fine performances. The result is a very stylish, colorful mess of a movie. Not highly recommended but I sort of enjoyed it.
½ May 13, 2014
Didn't really care much for this one.
½ May 17, 2014
real gritty reminds me of the early and mid 2000s
April 7, 2014
Es como una gran mezcla de violencia, oscuridad, maldad, adornada con una cereza (Keira) que no da la talla del papel. Para quienes les gusta este tipo de peliculas regular.
February 15, 2014
It was like an over-extended episode of CSI with its overly-stylized visuals and violence. Seeing Keira go crazy with two assault rifles was a step too far for me.
½ August 13, 2007
Based off the real life Domino Harvey, daughter of an actor and fashion model who had a comfortable life laid out for her, but she decided to go her own rebellious route and be a bounty hunter instead. This could have been interesting, but there are a number of things that just bug me about this film. Keira Nightley just isn't that interesting or likable so I don't really care for her characterization of Domino. The story was so choppy and all over the place that it is hard to remain interested. Tony Scott is at his worst in this film with tons of fast cuts and too many added color filters which become way more distracting from what is going on. This is just a mess of a film with a ton of potential.