100% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

58% Bad Teacher: Season 1
44% Power: Season 1

Don Juan DeMarco Reviews

July 15, 2014
Embarrassing to watch Brando in this role. The whole movie is corny and contrived and dumb.
Cody Fairless-Lee
April 22, 2014
It is an eye-catching and moving adventure, but the love scenes between the characters played by Marlon Brando and Faye Dunaway kind of ruins the story at times. However, the great Johnny Depp really is a "real-life Don Juan" and that's what really makes this movie satisfying!
January 16, 2014
An interesting take on the myth of don Juan with a stellar cast for a film that unfortunately doesn't convince much. It's cheesy but somehow entertaining enough so you'll probably have a good time especially if you are a girl & a fan of Johnny Depp.
January 14, 2014
a good positive movie. A feel good flick
December 14, 2013
Enchanting romantic fantasy
moviegirl50
July 31, 2006
Very believable that Depp could be Don Juan :) and a surprisingly super nice performance from Marlon Brando as the psychiatrist swept away by the romanticism of his patient. I was very surprised at how much I liked this movie.
August 18, 2013
Filme leve mas com interpretações de Brando e Depp com aquele nível q nos prende ao ecrã :)
July 9, 2013
Johnny Depp at his poster-boy best.
KevinRobbins
June 14, 2013
I am no Casanova. I am Don Juan.

After attempting to commit suicide, a strange young man is submitted to a psychiatric clinic in hopes of determining if he is in his right mind. Jack Mickler is a psychologist that is scheduled to retire in 10 days, the exact same amount of time the young man is scheduled to be evaluated before going in front of a judge. Dr. Mickler decides to take the case as his last case. The young man believes he is Don Juan Demarco, the great lover...and the more people that meet him, the more people that believe his story is true...

"I have slept with over 1,000 women. I turned 21 last Tuesday."

Jeremy Leven, director of Girl on a Bicycle, deliver Don Juan Demarco in his directorial debut. The storyline for this picture is very compelling and interesting. The plot actually reminded me of Life of Pi. The characters are so interesting and plot unfolds wonderfully. The case is awesome and includes Johnny Depp, Marlon Brando, Faye Dunaway, Stephen Singer, Talisa Soto, and Rachel Ticotin.

"You were sold into slavery at a sultan's kingdom?"

Don Juan Demarco is a film I have wanted to see for ages. I honestly had never seen this picture despite being a fan of Brando and Depp. I will say this film was better than I anticipated. This film was so well written and comes together beautifully at the end. I strongly recommend seeing this picture and it may be worth adding to your DVD collection.

"Every woman is a mystery to be solved."

Grade: A
June 10, 2013
Iconoclastic acting by Marlon Brando, Johnny Depp and Faye Dunaway elevate this likable comedy about love, illusion and delusion way above its inconsequential text.
June 4, 2013
Great performance by Depp.
June 2, 2013
he is bangin in this movie
May 23, 2013
i know a lot of people like this movie. however, i felt Don Juan was a casanova. does my heart have hardened? at least the ending tells he is such a romanticist. but morally n Biblically wrong!
May 20, 2013
A charming little jewel of a film but beware the PG-13 rating as it is still not appropriate for young teens in my opinion. Johnny Depp is fabulous in this as the poetic and mysterious Don Juan DeMarco.
September 21, 2007
Somewhat magical light-hearted comedy that manages to charm you away with a tad of cinematic depth, even though it has all the ingredients of an off-the-shelf made-for-girls rom com
April 3, 2012
I have to admit Johnny Depp is a good looking man. I can see why women all tend to find him irresistible. If you are insecure in your love life that I would recommend keeping your significant other from seeing Don Juan DeMarco as they will surely be thinking about him for days to come. Don Juan DeMarco is an interesting movie featuring two of America's greatest actors Johnny Depp and the late Marlon Brando sharing screen time in in a funny and thought provoking fashion. Depp is Don Juan a man who is brought to a mental hospital for trying to commit suicide. While the entire staff thinks he is crazy Dr. Jack Mickler (Brando) wants to hear more about how this young man believes he is the worlds greatest lover. The story has inklings of Don Quixote de la Mancha but does so in a modern and more relateable fashion. Don Juan's story is as believable as it is unbelievable which keeps the viewer guessing on whether he is insane or truly Don Juan. For the most part I hate endings that keep the viewer guessing but for this movie I would have preferred that approach as the ending really hampered the otherwise fantastic paradox...what is reality?
fordmarkII
April 13, 2013
Charming dialogue by Depp, but loses focus and becomes a bit predictable.
March 30, 2013
In the hands of any other actors or actresses, "Don Juan DeMarco" would have been a wretched failure. In Brando, Depp, and Dunaway's hands, it's a lighthearted, romantic, and very enjoyable time at the movies.
March 17, 2013
One great story, an all time favorite of mine.
pastorterrylee
March 15, 2013
Well acted and well written, but I am not a huge chick flick fan.