Don't Come Knocking - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Don't Come Knocking Reviews

October 16, 2015
So underrated. It's a real shame nobody seems to get this wonderful film.
May 16, 2015
It never really works, but Wim Wenders movie can't help but be a pleasure. It has the feel of something that might have been made in the '70's. As expected, Shepard and Lange are outstanding. Despite its flaws, fans of the three main artists will enjoy every moment.
July 9, 2014
I am amazed of how veteran German director Wim Wenders was able to create a genuine southern american authenticity in this beautiful movie! Also, Jessica Lange is devine!
July 1, 2014
SARAH POLLEY is so wonderful in this. the rest of the movie is average.
July 18, 2014
Quirky off beat story of a man who decides rather late in life that it's time to pick up the dropped threads of a life he abandoned a long time ago. Love Sarah Polley's role and the Hopper inspired camera work.
July 6, 2014
It doesn't work, but Jessica Lange sparks the screen whenever she is on it. Sadly, this feels like lazy filmmaking and a true waste of some very talented actors. Only Lange escapes unscathed.
½ November 4, 2012
"Like I couldn't breathe sometimes.
Like I was falling, and I had to catch myself.
Like I couldn't stop falling.
Then one day it ended.
It just came to an end.
It just stopped.
And I don't ever wanna go back to that.
Falling.
I don't ever wanna go back."
May 9, 2012
Being from butte i could catch the few glitches and the son was over played
May 6, 2012
When it comes to Wim Wenders it's not a middle-age crisis...it's an existentialist crisis
April 13, 2012
I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS!
½ March 1, 2012
Like another "Paris Texas" Again, a family affair, our hero is searching for his roots in little towns and deserted landscapes.

Despite all of its artistic achievements - acting, cinematography, score, and design - Don't Come Knocking suffers from a weak story line. A tired cliché about the man who've seen it all, had it all, but was never completely happy, and thus he abandons everything in search of the mother he hasn't seen in 30 years, and later his old lover and unknown off-springs. In the end, of course, they are all good, forgiving buddies. Don't Come Knocking is Hollywood sugarcoated at heart, but comes with generous helping of superb cinema, Wenders's signature forte.
½ February 1, 2012
This was ok, wasn't spectacular in anyway. It played out a little slow though.
½ April 19, 2011

½ December 31, 2010
BAAAAAD! This movie is terrible, absolutely terrible, the main character's son just shouts obsenitys all through the film, and I'm suppose to feel for the "rebel without a cause". Thh.
½ November 21, 2010
Ein beachtlicher Film, der sich zwar ein bisschen zieht, aber dadurch eine ganz eigene Stimmung von Verzweiflung und Verlorensein transportiert.
May 31, 2010
Pretty good film.Very plain writing.Good acting though.
½ May 2, 2010
Overly dramatic, pointless and kind of stuped " dont come knocking" could have been better if it dident try so hard to be good.
½ July 18, 2009
Interesting but far too slow.
½ April 5, 2009
Considering the incredible talent on display it's a shame this film didn't work out better. Paris, Texas was such a huge favorite of mine, I was so highly anticipating Wenders and Shepard's long-awaited reunion film. Sadly, it didn't pay off. Still, there are some curiously intriguing bits. Mainly thanks to the great cast and Shepard in particular.
May 30, 2006
Another wonderful road movie coming from Win Wenders. A touching story about a man who escaped his responsibilities during his lifetime and wants to get back in touch with his son and daughter. Great performances and great music too! The cinematography will make you want to take out your car and visit the desert roads of America.