63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Don't Move (Non ti muovere) Reviews

April 30, 2014
Just some good moments and soundtrack and that's all!
July 22, 2006
this movies sounds like a good/sad one so i just might have to take the time and see it.
July 28, 2013
Intriguing melodrama at most. Solid performance of Penélope Cruz saving the movie from disaster.
January 3, 2009
A doctor rapes a woman, and then falls in love with her. She becomes his kept woman, the fire in his soul while his conservative, respectable wife provides security but no spark of passion.
He is not able to decide between the two; till the kept woman dies.
A commentary, of sorts, on Italian men and their morality.......difficult to say whether it is a good film or not. It has its moments.
March 6, 2013
Emotionally intense movie handled unflinchingly by lead actor Castellitto. This immersive character study into an unfulfilled doctor's love affair is a tad too lengthy and perhaps the director indulges in his on screen action a little too much, but the dedication that the two ill-fated lovers give to portraying the rawness of their emotions and instincts will, despite once in a while misfiring, leave few viewers unfazed. Penelope Cruz is great as the counterpoint, and deserves much respect for assuming such a demanding, unglamorous role at this point in her well established career. Obviously it is the love of acting that propels her(no comparison to her English jobs), as this mildly received Italian film must have been several notches down from her draw, but when you see the psychologically harrowing sex scenes (not always for the sex, but for the right before and right after) you realize why someone would be interested in such intimate work. As the film slightly overextends itself to reach it's climax which sort of dumbs down it's poignant theme, the performances and overall taste left are nonetheless real and life affirming despite all of it's muddied ramifications.
January 30, 2013
A succesful doctor recalls the love story he had with a hapless woman whom he raped and then grew a genuine affection for on the day he hears of her daughter's involvement in a car accident. Actor turned director Castellitto uses a style too eccentric and overwhelming for the cold storyline, but the film is held up by the great performances, particularly the one by Cruz as the misfit Italia.
January 7, 2013
shocking extreme for "effect of others life", "wild love" and it really hang your mind.

I want to see it again.
November 16, 2012
Castellitto gira un film di grande rigore con un ultradamaticissimo intreccio alla Almodovar degli ultimi tempi e una bravissima Penelope Cruz imbruttita.
October 27, 2012
I think this is one of the best performance by Penà (C)lope Cruz, and I think her character was ment to be kinda hatted rather than loved.
October 3, 2012
Amazing film, beautifully acted, and often heart wrenching. Fantastic piece of work.
December 10, 2011
Disturbing & unrealistic drama!
January 30, 2012
little character exploration and weak ending but overall a heartwrenching exploration of the twisted human dilemma of love, cowardice and mid life crisis. the turbulence of the plot keeps haunting
Danijel J
December 18, 2011
Sergio Castellito co-wrote, directed and stared in this 2004 romantic drama about a respectable surgeon Timoteo (Castellito), whose operation is interrupted by the news of his daughter Angela's motorcycle accident. She is brought to his hospital where an operation is to take place, while the desperate father waits in front of the operation room. There, he has time to think, and the film further evolves by showing scenes from his sinful past.

In the flashback, we can see Timoteo's dissatisfaction with his marriage even before Angela was born, but, more importantly, the accent is on his relationship with Italia (Penelope Cruz), which began by him rapping her. For a long time he has kept a double life, in love with Italia, but too much of a coward to confess that to his wife. Time for a final decision must come some day, and we suspect it can't end well.

This was Castellito's biggest international success, and I can see why some would like it. Its heart is in the right place, and it has one great performance by Penelope Cruz. However, the flaws in it can't be reduced by its nobility. My main objection is that I couldn't believe, as the story suggested, that Italia was the greatest love of Timoteo's life. Sure, they are connected by the troubled past, but the relation on the screen was not as further developed as Castellito wished. It seemed to me, as harsh as it may sound, that he showed a relation based on lust, trying then to sell it as great love.

The photography is quite beautiful in some parts, but the director had constant problems with the tone of the picture. He lost every chance to establish it with the overuse of slow motion in the first half, which probably looked like an easy way out of the creative problem.

Penelope Cruz is, undoubtedly, a star of the film. On a deeper level, her Lucia doesn't believe in a happy conclusion of this romance. She lives in fear which soon turns into an obsession, and Cruz managed to show this with the necessary subtlety. As for Castellito's performance, I'm not so sure of its constancy. I kept changing my mind about his interpretation during and after the film, maybe because I've seen much better actors doing these types of roles (Daniel Day-Lewis in The Age of Innocence comes to my mind).

My final impression is that Castellito wasn't able to surpass the picture's utter predictability. That doesn't have to be a flaw in these kinds of films, if a director is brave and skillful enough not to lead it through every single one of the usual steps. Castellito obviously didn't have the guts, and that's why the desired cathartic ending falls flat.
November 3, 2011
¿Poor people stay poor people? and then die.....Status Quo saved once more by The Rulers of moral hypocrisy
September 19, 2011
cruz and actor/director castellitto sweat and smolder the plot resembles the marilyn monroe movie where her neighbor sends the family to the beach 2 avoid the summer heat wave.
April 6, 2011
Movie gem of the Week: It doesn't seem to have great reviews... though I really liked it.
April 12, 2010
Movie in which is difficult to feel empathy by the main characters, as the male one combines calmness with rage and violence and then asking for pardon as if nothing has happened, and the one interpetred by Penelope Cruz accepts abuses (probably as consequence of her past) and seems to do nothing about them but falling in love with the one who abuses from her. In that sense, the movie evolves from talking about sex and domination to a love story, in which you find some humanity from characters that, at the beginning, didn´t seem so interesting. Penelope Cruz received an award in Italy from this movie, and, if you see the beginning, you don´t find she deserves it: however, as long as the movie goes on, you find something I have always underline about Cruz, and that is that she makes her best when she plays low-class characters, without any glamour, even rude and ignorant, in whom she finds bright simplicity and pureness of spirit. Interesting character the one of the wife, and it seems she know everything but says nothing. In summary, a simple plot, quite gross in some moments, but somehow interesting (although or because their contradictions) characters and good interpretations (the main reason to watch this movie).
November 17, 2010
Meh. Two and a half stars. Penelope Cruz and Sergio Castellitto are both good for the most part, but the direction is sometimes off-putting, and the Euro-American pop soundtrack is really jarring. Plus, it is just too melodramatic. There is one scene where I swear Cruz is channeling Giulietta Masina, and it just does not work at all. Anyway, it drags at times, and by the end, I was mostly just glad it was over.
Sandra M.
August 22, 2010
Anyone thinking this movie is about whether a love affair can plausibly evolve from a sexual assault has missed the entire point of the movie, which, like life, is far more complex than such a reductive view.

In Italia (P. Cruz) Timo has found his imago, and they embark on an affair that can only come to a band end - they both recognize this - but affairs are not about the destination, they are about the journey.

All great and doomed love affairs are the same journey - healing the wounds of our past.

The performances here are restrained and affecting, preventing the story from descending into melodrama. Penelope Cruz is stunning, revealing a vulnerability and depth that often seems to elude her in her English speaking films.