Je Vais Bien, Ne T'en Fais Pas (Don't Worry, I'm Fine) Reviews

½ October 15, 2011
A solid drama that starts off with a simple premise but then grows increasingly involving as it refuses to offer easy answers and never ceases to surprise us with Lioret's firm direction - and it will leave you pondering for a good while about the questions that it raises.
January 16, 2012
I think I've read reviewers that would call this film "manipulative," but I thought it was excellent, a simple story about following a young woman - an enchanting, headstrong, beautiful young woman, a character I fell in love with - as she looks into the disappearance of her brother and her family's staunch, inexplicable unwillingness to confront the gravity of the situation. It's short and compelling, if a little glossy, and though the conclusion feels a touch cheap, it's such an honest story I'm willing to forgive it. In all, it's another fine example of realist French film in recent years, and in my opinion, it's one you should add to your must-see list.
July 30, 2009
Don't Worry, I'm Fine starts off really well. It captures a young girl distressed at her twin brothers disappearance. Though Laurent gives a great performance, it is hard to truly connect to her because we don't know why they were so close. The only thing that is said is "They were very close, they were twins". That's all very well and good, but it isn't enough to justify a story where she tries to kill herself over it. Towards the end the film feels obligated to answer some questions with a series of twists. It does have you questioning the motives and mindset of other characters, but again this is an important thing that is never quite reseolved. It's certainly a well made film, but with too many gaps to ever be great.
arashxak
October 9, 2008
I always liked Aaron's songs "Lili" & "Mister K" so I looked forward to see this but I'm disappointed & the main character's somehow annoying
mvieaddict
½ April 24, 2009
French movie, Je vais bien, T'en Fais pas, was a movie of director Phillipe Lioret, who showed us the 19 year Lili Tellier, beautiful French actress Mélanie Laurent, who came back to her parents house, after a summer study in Barcelona Spain.She had a twin brother,who recently ran away from home after a fight with their dad, actually that was told to her. The plot did not developed much about her twin bro, all we knew was, he was a talented musician and songwriter, and a rock climber and he hated his dad. The movie was sometimes hard, and it showed how strong the bond was between brothers and sisters. I could not understand why the parents hid the truth for her, and made it so hard for her, try to protect her this way. The story was quite interesting but its hard to put in words without revealing anything,
½ December 27, 2012
beautiful. sad. touching. melanie is incredible, wonderfull performance and the rest of the cast are very good also. this is those kind of films that in the begining you can predict the end, but, even so, the way that the movie is conduct make it so amazing to watch.
½ March 14, 2010
As with the running theme of many French dramas nothing shots are accompanied by random jumps in plot line.
You are lead to believe at the beginning that the film is a simple missing person's story, which usual ends with a family member or lover as the offender. "Don't Worry, I'm Fine" instead chooses to go off on dull tangents for instance the protagonist having an eating disorder and beginning a relationship. Neither of these subplots are very interesting and feel like you're slowly being drowned by boredom as not much happens during these 70 minuets. You are constantly waiting to find out what has happened to the missing brother and are rewarded with your patience with an ending that leads you to believe that the writer was on crack.
To save audiences 92 minutes of their lives the title of the movie should have been "Don't worry, I'm shit".
On a lighter note; the acting was good.
October 2, 2008
i just bought this movie on dvd on tuesday, watched it on wednesday morning and now again on thursday afternoon, and it made me smile. i was shocked and angry the first time a saw it, and wanting for a guy as perfect a ''froggie'', the second time i could reflect and saw why what happened, happened and how if it had not followed that path, paths would not have crossed and everything would be different it made me consider that although some terrible things may happen to us, we may not recognize the beautiful things that come along with them. a beautiful movie.