Down in the Valley Reviews

Robbanflix
December 30, 2006
Drama/romance movie and better and better through the movie.
November 5, 2013
Interesting characters.
October 8, 2013
A good movie overall yet kind of dragged on in places.
½ August 12, 2013
Thought provoking. Must be seen, but everybody won't like it, I understand that.
December 16, 2012
This movie is weird to begin with, and the final act is a mess. The girl is stupid, and you end up being kind of glad when Norton's cowboy meets his fate.
December 27, 2012
This film is so boring. It is so predictable as it unfolds. It shows raw sex scenes which are deplorable. Not worth watching at all.
December 7, 2012
Down in the Valley
Synopsis: When Harlan Carruthers, a charismatic cowboy who seems as if he would be much more at home in Monument Valley than in the San Fernando Valley, has a chance encounter with Tobe, a bored and restless suburban teenager, both of their lives are turned up...
Starring: Edward Norton, Evan Rachel Wood, David Morse, Rory Culkin, Bruce Dern
Directed by: No information available.
October 21, 2012
This movie definitely has mistakes, but it's so original and unique, I can't really compare it to much iv'e seen before, Few movies in the past were able to combine and develop two sort of opposite style stories so well, and Edward Norton delivers a intense performance, Maybe my opinion is a little biased because he's one of my favorite actors, but he really brings some fierce acting to this role, and the acting of the other characters is great as well. The movie itself could have been a disaster or mediocre but even if you think the story and production of the movie sucks, the acting is just so good that you cant help but give it some credit. Because of its uniqueness and the intriguing character of Harlan, this is a highly entertaining and gut wrenching thrill ride, where you always hope for the best, but can't help but expect the hope as the story unravels in front of you.
September 27, 2012
The story was loose.But the performances were great.Specially edward norton was great.
July 18, 2012
Easy to overlook the movie but not the performances of Norton,Wood, Morse and Caulkin. A tale of real life emotions and dysfunction.
½ February 21, 2012
I liked the pace and the atmosphere, but the plot is unfortunately quite shallow.
½ June 19, 2012
it was ok..a litttle slow at times..ok througout the whole movie..lol
½ November 23, 2007
Los fanaticos de "Taxi Driver" y "Cape Fear" de Martin Scorsese quedaran con la boca abierta al ver este negrisimo relato acerca de un vaquero (ecos de "MIdnight Cowboy"), interpretado por un excelente Edward Norton que no logra adaptarse a los tiempos modernos y que pierde el principio de realidad al encontrar el amor en una joven (EVan Rachel Wood) y la admiracion en un chico solitario (Kieran Culkin). Una gran cinta que aunque pierde toda logica en su escena final, quedara en la mente, en el corazon y en las terminales nerviosas del espectador.
April 19, 2012
Havent Seen it but will rent it
April 18, 2012
A cerebral romance with wonderful performances from Ed Norton, Evan Rachel Wood, Rory Culkin, & David Morse.
March 17, 2012
It shows that parents no matter how strict they are, mostly have a right judgement on characters !
March 14, 2012
The two leads are amazing actors, and the trailer looked good even if people's reviews aren't. C'est la vie I say... Let me make up my own mind!
½ March 2, 2012
Edward Norton gives another amazing and Oscar-worthy performance in a movie that could have used help with a better ending.