Drag Me to Hell - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drag Me to Hell Reviews

½ October 18, 2012
Raimi at his best, so much like Evil Dead but so different ;)
½ February 2, 2013
People would think this is a scary movie but it makes you laugh more than it does make you scared. Even though it isn't exactly "horror", it doesn't cease to entertain. I thought it was loads of fun. A recommended watch.
January 16, 2012
Sam Raimi's long-awaited return to horror was seen in 2009 with Drag me to Hell, and his unique approach to horror was finally realised in a modern context. Drag me to Hell is an amazing film, tapping into that distinctive Raimi magic that has not been seen since Evil Dead 2.
Ridiculous, over-the-top, hilarious, scary and most importantly fun, this film is a non-stop ride of gross-out imagery, infectious campiness and old school horror.
Raimi's ability to blend absurd, slapstick humour with genuine horror, eliciting simultaneous laughter and unease, was unique in 1981 with The Evil Dead and is still unique and fresh today. Modern horror has been lacking these kind of films, and Drag me to Hell was a welcomed and effective horror film that is a truly unique experience.
½ October 31, 2015
A bit disappointed with this - fairly good, but not as intense/memorable as the initial reviews indicated...or as you'd expect with Raimi.
½ October 30, 2015
Pretty good movie. Very original and entertaining. I just had complaints with the dialogue and the acting. Both were pretty poor. But, it was a original, pretty decent horror movie.
½ October 23, 2015
This movie was Insidious before Insidious was Insidious. I also like this movie more than Insidious. Sam Raimi's return to horror is scary, funny, and unique (well, it was before Insidious). The movie has some truly frightening moments, and some campy hilarious moments. The characters are great, the tone is creepy, and the story is clever. The movie becomes significantly better when you learn about it's hidden themes about eating disorders. Even if you don't look into those, the movie is a very enjoyable horror movie, and has a fantastic final 20 minutes. This proves Sam Raimi still has what it takes to make phenomenal movies. 9/10
½ October 22, 2015
Director Sam Raimi is at his very best with Drag Me To Hell, offering the sort of startling, comical, gleefully cheesy entertainment that he began his career with the Evil Dead films.
½ October 15, 2015
So over-the-top it is sometimes hysterical, but Raimi redeems the sometimes goofy special effects to deliver genuine scares and a great horror movie ending.
½ October 8, 2015
Raimi does not disappoint
September 25, 2015
Who the fu*k gives this movie anymore than a half of star. This is worst acting than scary movie.
½ March 28, 2015
Movie was so stupid! Couldn't wait for it to be over. Don't understand the hype and why it is rated so high.
June 11, 2015
I'm not a big fan of horror movies. And, if there are 1, 2, etc. less. I watched Sam Raimi's film "Drag me to hell" and found a refreshing film, smart and funny. Alison Lohman was suited as the na´ve, ambitious, good hearted blonde (but not too gentle with the old gypsy woman) that is been cursed. The film has no happy end, another point in its favor.
½ August 24, 2015
Sam Raimi genio, provo pena per la gente che non ha capito questo capolavoro
October 11, 2011
An overrated offering from Sam Raimi that finds him returning to the insane comedy-horror that made him famous. It's certainly not terrible, but not much about it feels fresh. [B-]
½ July 5, 2009
Ok, where do I start with this one, other than the fact that this may be the weirdest movie ever and Justin Long is as goofy as ever, and although this wasn't totally awful, it was just all over. It was like being dragged to hell, and back (sorry, I had to). Alison Lohman is effective as the cursed girl but the rest of it is just plain weird. It has some kinda funny lines, which is usually a good thing, but not in a horror movie. Very, VERY weird movie.
July 10, 2015
This fun, jump in your seat scary horror was a welcome return to the genre for Evil Dead's Sam Raimi. Thoroughly entertaining even though it doesn't bring much new to the table.
June 12, 2009
I finally dragged myself to getting around to see this. All I can say is um, wow. I liked the goat. He was really cute. And I liked how the main guy in the already established relationship was clearly in love with the lead girl, always by her side helping her throughout the entire movie, something I wish I knew existed in real life. Other than that, upon learning the director of this movie is the Evil Dead director, suddenly this movie made a hell of a lot more sense to me. Yeah, Evil Dead is a classic and yes, it's really silly. That being said, that's already been done and I can't say that I can find any more room to stomach the horribleness of this horror.
½ June 4, 2015