Dragon Ball: Mystical Adventure Reviews

August 27, 2008
This is the third and final Dragon Ball movie released during the series' run on Japanese TV. This Dragon Ball movie is by far the most martial-arts oriented as the series was beginning to lean towards that more over adventure and comedy. This Dragon Ball movie has the best combination of martial arts and comedy and is always filled with high-energy fighting scenes and hilarious comedy re-created from pivotal moments in the TV series.
February 18, 2013
This is the best of the retelling movie of the original Dragon Ball saga. While the previous two movies tried to tell an original story and doesn't work: this one combined the World Martial Arts Saga, the Red Ribbon Saga, and the Tien Saga, albeit loosely. There still some problems like the previous two like they turned Chiaotzu into a Emperor (I think it's kind of dumb) and they put Arale from Dr. Slump out of nowhere (I know she appears in the Red Ribbon Saga, but they could have removed her from the movie), but everything else seemed okay. It's action packed, fast paced, and does have one or two funny moments. While I do like it, I'm going to rule this movie as okay.
August 3, 2012
Better than the others, but by just a little bit.
December 14, 2010
Doesn't do the great show any justice. They just combined elements from different parts of the show and made it into a movie. Some scenes were actually ripped off almost entirely from the show. Unfortunately, this would be a trademark of a lot of these films to come. Also re-introduced characters such as Chiaotzu as the 'emperor'.

A better view if your not familiar with the show.