Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks Reviews

September 24, 2009
A fantastic anime DBZ movie!!! Trunks my favorite Super Saiyan portrays how he became for the first time Super Saiyan and also how Gohan trained him and the battle of the Androids.

The Dragon Ball Z saga continues in yet another thrilling episode of the popular anime series. This time, the masterful Goku shows he's vulnerable to disease when he contracts a virus and can't be saved from inevitable death. Because he's gone, androids nab the chance to take over. But they didn't count on Goku's son, Gohan, returning to avenge his father's death which he does, determined to seek justice for all.
½ October 31, 2008
I was impressed by FUNimation's translation of the this movie. The VAs performed quite well, and the script was fairly decent. The dubbed special features a variety of musical acts, although the most disappointing music, by far, was the title sequence by Andy Baylor. The obnoxious techno track did not match the opening animation at all, and actually had me longing for Rock the Dragon. This movie is the best for Trunks fans, and for those who would like to know more about the history of Trunks before he went to the past to give the antidote to Goku to prevent his death by a virus. There are some very emotional scenes, and some great fighting scenes as well.
October 17, 2015
Very Emotional Movie And It Had Me At The Edge Of Me Seat
August 12, 2015
wish they would make more tv specials !
August 9, 2013
Expanding the DBZ universe, we have a very emotional, action packed and unforgettable story that connects to the actual storyline present in the anime. There's a lot of good details here: the animation, music (directly from the series), fights, emotion and the main character, Trunks, a fan favorite. Can't ask for more.
November 28, 2012
Dark and serious, The History of Trunks is effective telling the backstory of one of the most popular characters from Dragon Ball Z, as well as being a prequel, of sorts, to the Android/Cell Saga of the series.
½ May 3, 2012
One of my 3 DBZ movie. Thrilling and deep. Know the future to change the past. I love this Gohan and Trunks incarnation.