Dragon's World: A Fantasy Made Real (The Last Dragon) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dragon's World: A Fantasy Made Real (The Last Dragon) Reviews

June 29, 2012
Though there are many awkward cuts, a few poorly spliced clips and some mediocre acting, Dragon's World: A Fantasy Made Real (The Last Dragon) is a captivating mockumentary that will please anyone loving dragons. It has an excellent score and some very impressive animation.

Rating: 7.5/10
August 26, 2012
I did like it very much, but there were a few issues I had with it. (That's right: time to get unreasonably technical and pedantic!) It was, namely, the convoluted and unconvincing explanation for dragon's fire-breathing. Platinum is a rare mineral, and it's impractical for every member of a dragon species to seek it out in their waking moments when there's prey to hunt and territory to defend and genes to pass on. That's basically the equivalent of treasure-hunting in the middle of the woods. It ultimately makes for a limited, heavily time- and effort-consuming, and unnecessary weapon that teeth and claws can easily replace. There's an easier explanation for fire-breathing, however. A dragon could just have a duct in its throat that produces a caustic, flammable fluid, that can be sprayed out of the mouth to burn enemies. Like a bombardier beetle. (Kudos to crackpot creationist Duane Gish for this idea - he suggested that Parasaurolophus was able to do this, to explain dragon myths.) To their credit, though, the whole idea about a false palate to protect the throat from the fire was a very clever addition.
March 21, 2010
A mockumentary documenting the growth and development of dragons. Realistic animations, and some very clever ideas about how dragons might have flown and breathed fire. Nicely done.
June 15, 2014
Just watch this, before the controversial Mermaid Documentaries, Animal
Planet made a convincing Dragon documentary featuring Tyrannosaurus rex
and Chinese Tigers being second the the reptilian fire-breathing
serpents and still falling short against their battle with mankind. We
see a supposed discovery of a dead Dragon in Romania among the
Carpathian Mountains. The dragons may be a lie, but the rest of the
aspects of Biology, Zoology, Evolution, Ecology, and Paleontology are
accurately used in the description of a mythological beast as they
challenge our beliefs in the beasts. Look for someone who hasn't seen
or heard of this film, then see their face change as they watch it.
You, too may feel this way. Even knowing the story was only that, I was
convinced and started looking through dragon stories for any
connections as well as searching though different animals for cases of
convergent evolution. I especially recommend that you show this to kids, as they will certainly be fascinated and start to wonder.

More convincing (and even more true) than a Politician's speeches, take your friends and family into the Last Dragon's World, and experience this fantasy made real.
March 30, 2013
This truely sparked my belief I Dragons since I'm a true believer even if u don't believe you'll will once u watch this ;)
June 29, 2012

Rating: 7.5/10
August 28, 2012
I found this film to be very interesting, to say the least. It gave some rather convincing evidence that dragons could have in fact been real. I especially enjoyed the backdrops and the hypothetical family tree. I would watch this "documentary" again.
August 26, 2012
½ December 21, 2010
Played out as a fake documentory about dragons, their history, physique and function, Dragon's World is surprisingly well done. An entertaining what-if show that gives such detail that I, for just one second, almost forgot it was made up. Sure, the cgi is lacking at times, but that adds in to the "recreating of things lost" feel, sort of like in Walking with Dinosaurs. Effort deserves praise.
April 28, 2010
Watched it on DVD tonight. A movie documentary of what would have to happen for dragons to exist. Pretty interesting to think about actually.
March 21, 2010
June 4, 2009
This movie is really interesting :)
½ January 14, 2009
Makes you wish this sort of thing were real. Quite invigorating and climactic, especially with Patrick Stewart/Ian Holm narrating.
January 14, 2009
oh my god the best dragon documentary ever.
January 14, 2009
what u say abaut this?
½ January 14, 2009
A good one for dragon lovers. It's a mockumentary, the acting is not very good but the effects are pretty great!
½ July 2, 2007
I own it, its way cool.
½ December 13, 2008
Very well done, especially for an Animal Planet TV special. The dragons were awesome; actors a bit cheesy. Storyline was a very cool way to do it, and the scientific bases were quite realistic and believable
½ October 21, 2008
Besides a few brief theories of how dragons could have biologically operated (fire breathing and flying theories), this movie was a sad attempt to portray how dragons would function if they were real... by means of enforcing a cheap, emotional connection to CGI dragons taking care of their young, a fabricated story of scientists discovering dragon remains in Romania, irrational CGI portrayals of "how dragons mated," and, finally, cheeseball dramatizations throughout the entire film. I feel "stupider" after watching it, which is too bad because i love dragons and am a nerd.
½ October 13, 2008
I want to see this movie