Dragon's World: A Fantasy Made Real (The Last Dragon) Reviews

March 21, 2010
A mockumentary documenting the growth and development of dragons. Realistic animations, and some very clever ideas about how dragons might have flown and breathed fire. Nicely done.
June 29, 2012
Though there are many awkward cuts, a few poorly spliced clips and some mediocre acting, Dragon's World: A Fantasy Made Real (The Last Dragon) is a captivating mockumentary that will please anyone loving dragons. It has an excellent score and some very impressive animation.

Rating: 7.5/10
August 28, 2012
I found this film to be very interesting, to say the least. It gave some rather convincing evidence that dragons could have in fact been real. I especially enjoyed the backdrops and the hypothetical family tree. I would watch this "documentary" again.
August 26, 2012
I did like it very much, but there were a few issues I had with it. (That's right: time to get unreasonably technical and pedantic!) It was, namely, the convoluted and unconvincing explanation for dragon's fire-breathing. Platinum is a rare mineral, and it's impractical for every member of a dragon species to seek it out in their waking moments when there's prey to hunt and territory to defend and genes to pass on. That's basically the equivalent of treasure-hunting in the middle of the woods. It ultimately makes for a limited, heavily time- and effort-consuming, and unnecessary weapon that teeth and claws can easily replace. There's an easier explanation for fire-breathing, however. A dragon could just have a duct in its throat that produces a caustic, flammable fluid, that can be sprayed out of the mouth to burn enemies. Like a bombardier beetle. (Kudos to crackpot creationist Duane Gish for this idea - he suggested that Parasaurolophus was able to do this, to explain dragon myths.) To their credit, though, the whole idea about a false palate to protect the throat from the fire was a very clever addition.