Dredd

Dredd

78%

This movie was just ok

I don't know what the praise is for for this film... i liked the slow-mo scenes and were visually stunning but the action scenes were kind of a bore.. was hoping for actual fight scenes but what we get are more bland gunfights... i hear people saying this is like The Raid: Redemption but it's nothing like that... and then the end scene with Ma-Ma.. really?? that's all we get after watching 90 mins of people getting their heads blown off...
Jin Kim
01-9-2013 03:23 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Matt Nutt

Matt Nutt

This was a big, loud, over-the-top gorefest of JUDGE DREDD!!! I personally think it's phenomenal. I prefer this to DKR and Avengers. Not because it has a better storyline or better acting etc. but because it is a more enjoyable film and is actually much closer to the comic books than any other comic-book movie. DREDD SEQUEL!!!

Oct 31 - 07:55 AM

David Tanny

Big Fat Jewish Guy

The Raid had better action, but Dredd had better acting and characters. But in terms of being an action film, I prefer The Raid.

Feb 27 - 10:29 PM

Jan P.

Jan Pulings

I don't even think this is better than the original. If you can't fix the problems of the first one, why make another ?

Feb 22 - 12:41 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

dumbfuck

Mar 3 - 09:48 AM

EntertainMeOrDie

Entertain Me Or TIE

Ah, yes, your favorite word.

Aug 29 - 08:50 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

They did fix the problems, well a big problem at least, from the first one. Oblivious much?

Mar 10 - 09:24 PM

Marc Cerone

Marc "Cerone" Chaudry

Lena Headey had the only good performance, Karl Urban is a good actor, but this character he plays is very standard (IMHO). Guess I just warranted a persecution for myself.

Oct 24 - 07:27 PM

William J.

William Johnsten

It worked more than an action film, but a rather clever satire on crime and violence. I think the ads overblown their previews to make this look like strict action, but really it was more than that.

Feb 21 - 01:45 PM

Typhon

Typhon Q

So gunfights dont count as fight scenes now?

Feb 1 - 09:33 PM

Gavin K.

Gavin King

Because that's how it went down over 20 to 30 years ago in the original comic story. It's nothing like the Raid, as since they presented Dredd and Megacity in the right way as a character, it opens the doors for more movies that can be made chosen from the 100s of stories that revolve around dredd that exist in the comic.

Jan 29 - 06:25 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

well all of the praise is because it was really one of the million reboots that actually worked as a film

Jan 9 - 05:14 PM

Find us on:                 
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile