Drift Reviews

January 6, 2015
I loved this movie. It was very interesting, kept moving well throughout and was a nice escape from the usual hum drum of my life. I love the sea and waves, this was a movie for me.
½ June 1, 2013
Exceeded my expectations. Entertaining........but kind of mindless movie, you need those now and then.
August 20, 2014
Nothing particular the movie, the best scenes were by far the surfing ones.
½ August 14, 2014
Quite good actually, really enjoy watching them surf, some shots are fantastic.
Fair enough, average and satisfactory. 2.5 Stars mate!
½ June 10, 2014
Smooth although rather corny.
MANUGINO
April 22, 2014
Two Brothers. One Dream. No Rules.

Very Good Film! Drift is the latest surf film paying tribute to and giving us a glimpse into the Australian surf life when popular surf brands were just beginning. The acting is fine all round. Myles Pollard, who also co-produced the film, is solid as the responsible older brother. Xavier Samuel, in one of his best performances, brings charisma and energy to his role. Sam Worthington is excellent. He is perfect as the free-spirited hippie. He seemed to enjoy this role more than some of his recent work and it was wonderful to see him in an Aussie film again. The film does a great job of bringing the 70's back to life. You gotta love JB's colourful bus and the classic kombi vans! The surfing photography is exciting and breathtaking, and the cinematography by Geoffrey Hall is simply beautiful. The soundtrack, a mix of 70's classics and more recent tunes, really adds to the cool laid back vibe. The cast and crew looked like they had fun making this film and it shows. A snapshot into the Aussie surf life, it was a highly enjoyable and upbeat movie experience.

In the 70s two brothers battle killer waves, conservative society and ruthless bikers to kick-start the modern surf industry.
½ April 20, 2014
let's hear it for crappy hair extensions and bad writing. the surfing scenes were cool but this was no Point Break. gosh this reminded me of what great movie Point Break was.
February 8, 2014
This movie was great! If you go in expecting a surfing movie, you might be a little bit offset, but the main theme of 2 brothers managing their own surf shop stays true to itself.

7.5 out of 10, good surfer flick.
½ January 19, 2014
Interesting and entertaining surf movie, with decent performances and some really good surf footage. It is not overly original, but it works for what it is.
½ January 6, 2014
This was a fun movie, the actors were engaging, and the surfing shots were neat to see. It's definitely worth a watch!
½ December 29, 2013
This movie was a bit all over the place. It was part surf movie with some great visuals, part family drama, part drug scene hippie lifestyle, part underdog story, with a small part of love story to round things out. The movie was entertaining enough for one watch, but it is not something I could recommend to people.
December 20, 2013
Not too bad, good Aussie film.
½ November 5, 2013
I was very saddened to read the terrible critic reviews the opinions of these dried up husks should be disregarded at all costs. A classic Australian movie was so good I was confused as to why I had not heard about it. Yes it was predictable and formulaic but I found myself genuinely gripped at its points of tension. It was top immersive storytelling and great fun.
November 3, 2013
Basé sur l'histoire des frères Kelly et les débuts du surf en Australie dans les années 1970. Bonne réalisation et bon jeu d'acteurs. A voir principalement pour les amateurs du sport
½ October 8, 2013
A pleasant trip back to the 1970s. I enjoyed this Aussie surfing movie more than expected. Great acting and locations.
September 30, 2013
Big wednesday was at another level, that's sure, but this one is quite enjoyable anyway; maybe another leading actor should have been better, but it's ok.
September 18, 2013
This poor-surfers-make-good drama from Morgan O'Neill and Ben Nott relies more than it should on toned thighs and taut gluteals. Be grateful; there's nothing to see on dry land that's anywhere near as compelling. good bio-pic based in truth
½ September 9, 2013
Belle histoire et bien interprété. Mais sans plus...
½ August 21, 2013
A movie that is very slow moving almost the whole time but the ending is very good.....surfing fans will really like this....
½ August 18, 2013
Visible que pour les plans de surf, magnifiques.