Critics Consensus: Drive is Certified Fresh
Plus, Straw Dogs falls short of the original, and I Don't Know How She Does It is too predictable.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- Silent Souls, a drama about a man who journey across Russia with his best friend in order to bury his deceased wife, is at 89 percent.
- Happy, Happy, a deadpan Norwegian comedy about a pair of married couples who share awkward secrets, is at 80 percent.
- My Afternoons with Marguerite, starring Gérard Depardieu as a nearly illiterate man who forms a bond with a well-read and highly intelligent elderly woman, is at 79 percent.
- The Mill and the Cross, starring Rutger Hauer and Charlotte Rampling in a cinematic recreation of Pieter Bruegel the Elder's painting The Way to Calvary, is at 75 percent.
- The Weird World of Blowfly, a profile of the legendary X-rated songwriter, is at 57 percent.
- Jane's Journey, a documentary portrait of renowned primatologist Jane Goodall, is at 50 percent.
- 3, a drama about two married people who are each powerfully attracted to the same man, is at 50 percent.
- Gus Van Sant's's Restless, starring Mia Wasikowska in a drama about a love affair between two damaged young people, is at 42 percent.
Finally, mad props to The Dude, filmfanatic, Kadeem S., and KnowledgeReigns for correctly guessing Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star's zero percent Tomatometer.