DuckTales: The Movie - Treasure of the Lost Lamp (1990)
Average Rating: 6.3/10
Reviews Counted: 8
Fresh: 7 | Rotten: 1
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 3
Fresh: 3 | Rotten: 0
Average Rating: 3.2/5
User Ratings: 49,709
Based on the popular Disney animated afternoon television adventure series, which was in turn based on such supporting characters from earlier Donald Duck films and comic books as Scrooge McDuck and Donald's mischievous nephews Huey, Duey and Louie, this adventure chronicles the attempts of the four quackers to find a valuable lamp and its powerful genie. Complicating matters is the intervention of the wicked magician Merlock. ~ Sandra Brennan, Rovi
Aug 3, 1990 Wide
Nov 13, 2007
Latest News on DuckTales: The Movie - Treasure of the Lost Lamp
March 19, 2007:Rolling Stones Get Animated With "Ruby Tuesday"
Back in the psychedelic '60s, The Beatles got animated for the film "Yellow Submarine."...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
It will be hard for parents to resist their children's attraction to Duck Tales, and everyone could do much worse.
Somewhat skillfully stretches a 20-minute episode into a 73-minute feature likely to enchant anyone up to the age of 7 or 8...
The core is sturdy enough to withstand a lot of narrative missteps, particularly with Alan Young's commanding and authoritative performance of Scrooge leading the way.
The animation is just a cut above standard TV quality, but the voices are all good, especially comedian Rip Taylor as the genie.
he narrative on the 76 minute film is essentially three 20-odd minute television-style segments, each with a different setting and art direction. The link that holds them together is strong enough that the film is effective on a basic, children's entertai
Audience Reviews for DuckTales: The Movie - Treasure of the Lost Lamp
Movies Like DuckTales: The Movie - Treasure of the Lost Lamp
- Louie: I'm gonna wish for a million wishes!
- Genie: Get serious! That never works!
- Huey: Can't he stay with us, Uncle Scrooge?
- Dewey: Yeah.
- Scrooge McDuck: Oh, no! I'm not letting this opportunity slip from my fingers!
- Dewey: But he's our friend.
- Scrooge McDuck: Nonsense! A genie isn't a person! A genie is a... a thing!
- Launchpad McQuack: Please put your seats back in the upright position.
- Scrooge McDuck: Just put the plane up in an upright position!
- Genie: Wish them back, please!
- Webby: I can't! That was my last wish!
- Genie: I wish you hadn't said that!
Discuss DuckTales: The Movie - Treasure of the Lost Lamp on our Movie forum!