—— Hercules Jul 25

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
76% You're the Worst: Season 1

Duplicity Reviews

June 24, 2014
Reasonably entertaining, although it has the ability to occasionally get on your nerves.
June 22, 2014
I really enjoyed this film. It delivers what you expect. Fun, entertainment, twists (some expected) and great chemistry. Direction is quite fun again and does not care too much about perfection, which is okay and understandable. Paul Giamatti is outstanding as always. Dialogues are witty and pace is quite evenly upbeat. All in all, a great watch on a friendly, easy day.
March 9, 2013
Duplicity has clever acting performances by Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. The plot is a smart non-linear narrative, however, the amount of plot twists is too high making the movie difficult to understand.
May 1, 2014
Directed by Tony Gilroy, (Michael Clayton (2007) and The Bourne Legacy (2012)), this is a bubbly spy comedy caper which has a good plot, but there's too many twists and turns to keep up with. That unfortunately keeps it from being compelling, however if it has been told in a linear fashion over it's complex juxtaposed form, it wouldn't have been as entertaining. But it does have a good cast to it's name. This tells the story of MI6 agent turned corporate spy Ray Koval (Clive Owen) and CIA Agent Claire Stenwick (Julia Roberts), who have crossed each others paths at various times over a 5 year period, beginning in Dubai when Claire stole classified documents from Ray. Since then, Ray now works for Dick Garsik (Paul Giamatti) at Equikrom, while Claire does work for Burkett & Randle, ran by Howard Tully (Tom Wilkinson), and both companies are planning to steal chemical formulas off one another. But, we learn that Ray and Claire have a past and they've been planning to con both bosses, and make a massive deal that'll set them both up for life. While Roberts and Owen have fun playing spies who lie for a living, that backfires when it comes to the finished product of the film. It could have been made less complicated and still made sense, but the flashback and flashforwards do work against it. But it's not all that bad, but it could have been better if it was simpler.
March 24, 2014
"What I got to say about "Duplicity" is that is a stupid and boring." The performances in this movie are distasteful. The directing and screenplay by Tony Gilroy is extremely awful and dreadful.The screenplay is so confusing that you won't have no interest what's going on in the movie. For my opinion, "there's no screenplay understand base on what going on. It will completely leave you hanging on what the story line really is." The score is good. "I'm raving that "Duplicity" is horrible movie that is not a must see!"
April 12, 2009
really good movie =D
November 29, 2013
Duplicity is smart and stylish but it dragged out and i'm not a fan of the cast all that much, even if they mostly were all very good. I think this is probably better on a second viewing but i'm not willing to go through it all again. The twist is nice though, but annoying when you're sat next to people exclaiming the whole movie is shit the entire way through.
November 2, 2013
An enjoyable post cold war era spy film, but this time it's industrial intelligence as two powerful multi-national companies are pitted against one another. A caper film, and a romance for a cynical age, this is full of quite a few twists and a satisfactory resolution.
November 15, 2009
A twisting and turning plot that might have been too twisted for the masses.

Fortunately for me, the chemistry between Clive Owen and Julia Roberts more than make up for it.

Duplicity tells the story of two ex-government spies who end working for private companies. The interesting part of duplicity is supposed to be the fact that these two companies will go to great lengths to get information from each other in order to produce a product first.

I'm sure stuff like this goes on every day in real life.

I don't think it's really entirely necessary to understand the plot to enjoy the film. I'm sure most people would disagree and that's why it was so poorly received by most audiences.

I think Duplicity is at least worth a rent. Just be ready to pay attention.
March 21, 2009
I can wait until it comes out on DVD, though, so I can see it for free.
mojo00
July 27, 2013
It was actually quite difficult to keep up with what was going on in Duplicity. It jumped way too much in time that in the end you just didn't know the chronological order of what was happening in the movie. This made it difficult to comprehend the main storyline since all you really did when watching it was trying to figure out the movie's timeline.
The movie also felt a bit too long and it always felt like it was about to end when it wasn't. The acting wasn't that great either and overall this just wasn't one of the better spy/agent movies out there. It was rather below average and the time changes definitely made so you couldn't enjoy it and you never really got into it the way that you would have hoped with a movie like this.
August 31, 2009
Fun while surprisingly smart & complex. A spy movie where the weapons are words & rhetoric rather than guns & knives.
December 31, 2011
Given the film's potential for glamour, sex and suspense, there's no reason for it to be such a drag.
August 28, 2011
Too many plot twists, just too many.
July 1, 2013
I liked the concept behind the story, and I love the Roberts (always been a fan and always will be regardless of the many who put her down) and Owen chemistry. Not so thrilled with the artsy quarter screens, too frequent flashbacks telling the story, and the lengthiness of the movie. Giamatti is great here as usual. Nice twist at the end. Decent caper movie which deserved to be much better.
May 6, 2013
This movie had all the pieces to be something special....But it fell a little short....
March 21, 2009
It was very interesting watching spys try to fall in love.
March 21, 2009
Esta regular, aunque los protagonista hacen una buena pareja, no me gusto el final.
March 17, 2009
Fun spy romantic comedy that has a great cast and decent plot, although I did see the ending coming, but overall it is pretty good.
March 23, 2009